• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Knockback effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
There are several spells where the caster knocks the target away, but i'd like something like every unit within 250 radius of unit will be knocked away face towards the caster into different directions depending on the angle of the caster. Example: when unit is behind caster it will fly towards a point in the angle of 270 degrees, unit infront of it will fly towards a point in the angle of 90 degrees. Hope you understand.

Level 3
Not only will it possibly leak like crazy, but it wont be smooth because the "wait"
trigger can take a minimum of like 1/4th (0.27 seconds to be exact) of a second. The slide wont be a smooth one if you loop a wait of that duration.

Level 3
This might not be appropriate here, but I need to ask.

What does it mean to "leak"?
I've read the Things That Leak thread and I didn't quite understand what it was talking about. Lost.

Level 3
It means an action or process within the game that cumulatively takes up resources of the computer. In other words something that uses memory, but doesnt return it when its done using it. Inevitably all the memory will begin to be used up as the action/process keeps happening.

Level 29
Leaks are what they sound like.
Lets say you throw out the garbage, but your bag has a little hole in it and while you are taking it out of the house, all the ichy ugly juices spill on your floor (poor you...), well thats a leak in your bag.

Anyway, simple explaining without some stupid methapores.
A leak is when your code doesn't remove everything it used when it is finished.
For example if you set a Point variable a few times, it will not erase the old points but just ignore them and let them leach your memory.

[Edit] darn was second >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.