• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knockback and bouncing attack problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've got two problems I need help with;
First one is knockback - I made a knockback and it's working good except part with war stomp isnt working and the effect isnt removing. Here are the triggers:
  • Crushing Wave
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Crushing Wave
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s spell animation
      • Set CrushingWaveCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CrushingWaveTarget = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set LoopCounter = 0
      • Trigger - Turn on Crushing Wave 2 <gen>
  • Crushing Wave 2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc00 = (Position of CrushingWaveCaster)
      • Set TempLoc01 = (Position of CrushingWaveTarget)
      • Set TempLoc02 = (TempLoc01 offset by 10.00 towards (Angle from TempLoc00 to TempLoc01) degrees)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of CrushingWaveTarget using Abilities\Weapons\AncientProtectorMissile\AncientProtectorMissile.mdl
      • Set CrushingWaveEffect = (Last created special effect)
      • Set LoopCounter = (LoopCounter + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain pathing at TempLoc02 of type Walkability is off) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Crushing Wave for Player 1 (Red) at TempLoc02 facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Add Crushing Wave Stun to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
          • Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
          • Trigger - Turn on Crushing Wave 3 <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • LoopCounter Less than 50
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Move CrushingWaveTarget instantly to TempLoc02
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc00)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc01)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc02)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn on Crushing Wave 3 <gen>
                • Else - Actions
I also tried to make something like that cause in second trigger nothing I tried worked
  • Crushing Wave 3
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy CrushingWaveEffect
And the second problem is bouncing attack - I can't get it to work, I made my hero missile bouncing attack and tried to modify many things and did trigger for researching. Here it goes:
  • Water Missile
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Water Missile
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned skill level) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Water Missile (Bonus) (+3) to (Triggering unit)
          • Player - Set the current research level of Water Missile to 1 for (Owner of (Learning Hero))
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Learned skill level) Equal to 2
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of Water Missile (Bonus) (+3) for (Triggering unit) to 2
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Learned skill level) Equal to 3
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Set level of Water Missile (Bonus) (+3) for (Triggering unit) to 3
                  • Player - Set the current research level of Water Missile to 2 for (Owner of (Learning Hero))
                • Else - Actions
                  • Do nothing

Level 2
I don't want to have other people systems as I trigger for a long time and know how to do most things except I've never made a knockback system. In this way I don't get to learn it neither. I've modified the triggersr a bit and now the effect is removing. The Loop timer in knockback kept making it back, that was the problem. And I ran some tests and figured that something is wrong with condition cause when it says True, game doesn't spawn a unit, but when it's false the game spawns unit instantly on cast wherever the target is. And the bounce attack - still can't get it to work

Level 2
Well, I'm not a kind of person that never tries or searches for solutions before postin. I'm not gonna use this system cause half of the triggers from that system would go to trash, because all I need is already triggered and also the system of Paladon has no terrain-collision stun which is the only thing I am missing in my knockback system. Moon Glaive of night elve sentinel is just a dummy spell, it's doing nothing, the real knockback comes from teching and somehow this isn't working for me which means I am doing something wrong which is the reason I made a thread here, so please stop telling me to use someone's system which doesn't have the part I am missing.

Last edited:
Level 2
@GhostThruster, I know, but I looked at it and it did not cause it doesn't have the part I am needing.

@baassee, if I knew how to remake it to work I wouldn't have to use Palodon's system. Again, the only thing I am missing is the war stomp part - I think that the condition is wrong and telling me to remake the system doesn't solve anything cause it's the first time I am making something like that and the Palodon's one is completely different than mine(meaning that he has two triggers for knockback and three other to trigger those two, while I've got 2 triggers for one spell)

Get rid of this.
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game

Use 'Actions>Unit>Add Expiration Timer'. And make sure the timer is like 2 seconds.

It's because the ability takes time to cast. So even if you order the unit to cast it, before the unit even starts casting it, you've already [removed him from the game] (triggers act almost simultaneously).

Level 2
Thanks, it worked, now I'm step closer to fixing, I ran a few tests and checked and something is wrong with condition cause when it's set to true the unit doesn't appear and when to false it appears instantly when the spell is cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.