• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knight Footman (Fusion) - Full Anims

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Knight Footman (Fusion) - Full Anims

Basically, this is a version of the Knight with the merger of a Footman, with the intention of making the full replacement of the human rider by the Footman model, which will not only rely on his shield in this initial proposed version, but will have a series of very interesting innovations. in terms of animations, which range from the movement of the helmet's plume to the creation of numerous variants.

Unfortunately Blizzard did not provide us with a greater variety of animations that would provide us with a greater realism.
So, as a fan of the Human race, I decided not only to merge Footman with Knight, but to make a model with totally different animations to create an even better dynamic.
The model features 3 new attack animations (totaling 5 different attacks), I also created 5 new Stand animations, fully customized, also incorporating directly into this Knight, some very characteristic animations of Footman, example of the Stand - with the helmet removed, totaling 11 Stands.

There were many attempts and a few days of a lot of headache, until I managed, through various tutorials and with some experience in modeling, to effectively apply all the ideas I wanted in this project.
This is just one of the many wonders that Retera's can provide us! Thanks to the author of the tool.
I hope this modification will please and be useful to all of you!

UPDATED MODEL:
- "Dust Trail" particle added, now the knight gallops with this effect, as well as all other necessary primitive effects. (Credts. @Mr Ogre man )
- An additional, more pleasant Portrait will be added soon.
- Soon, there will be an update to improved further all animations and, if possible, insert new ones.

NOTE:
- I accept icon suggestions. Anyone interested... can send me their creation, which I will add. Credits will be given.
Previews
Contents

Knight Footman Fusion - Full Anims (Model)

Attack 3 and 4 have different starting positions than Stand Ready, which makes them look a bit weird, and attack 5 does a weird thing with the sword (he sheathes it and grabs it a the last millisecond)

The model is awesome, I'll test it ingame soon and I'll try to figure out the dust thingy. It needs a portrait, though. You can take the footman's portrait and rotate the camera a bit, remove unseen vertices and rename it as knightfootmanfusion_portrait.mdx

Level 4
Attack 3 and 4 have different starting positions than Stand Ready, which makes them look a bit weird, and attack 5 does a weird thing with the sword (he sheathes it and grabs it a the last millisecond)
The model is awesome, I'll test it ingame soon and I'll try to figure out the dust thingy. It needs a portrait, though. You can take the footman's portrait and rotate the camera a bit, remove unseen vertices and rename it as knightfootmanfusion_portrait.mdx

I know, Attack 3 and Attack 4 are in this arrangement because there was only a modification via "Mirror" (inversion of the XY axis and its weapons), but this is not a problem, it can be corrected in the reinversion of the terminations of the bones Left-Right, what I need is time these days there ... lol
Attack 5 was one of the all-new animations, an attempt to get closer to one of the Knight's attack styles in the WOW models, as it is fully customized, it only requires more time to perfect it ...
The attachments referring to dust really need to be found, I don't remember how it works ... but this is essential to the model.
Now as soon as possible I will be assembling Portrait and uploading it... Thanks for the look!

Last edited:
Level 4
No problem! Glad I could help.

Here's the model with the dust issue solved
thank you friend, soon i will upload a link with the update of the missing dust and with an upgrade for rectification and improvement of all the animations we highlight. if possible, there will be more animations to be inserted! lol As for the missing dust attachments ... So, what did you specifically do or add to resurface?

Last edited:
thank you friend, soon i will upload a link with the update of the missing dust and with an upgrade for rectification and improvement of all the animations we have guided. if possible, there will be more animations to be inserted! lol As for the missing dust attachments ... So, what did you specifically do or add to resurface?
At first, I edited the original particle to match the knight's in .mdl. Didn't work. Then I copypasted the dust particle from the knight. Works without an issue.
Sometimes I hate the randomness of the bugs.

Level 18
Hey there :)

Interesting model!

Glad to see some custom animation work being done, even if there are still a bit stiff :p

Keep up the good work!

Level 4
At first, I edited the original particle to match the knight's in .mdl. Didn't work. Then I copypasted the dust particle from the knight. Works without an issue.
Sometimes I hate the randomness of the bugs.
I noticed that in fact, the model already had the "DustTrail" particle, the fact is that it must have probably lost visibility in the Walk transition. Perhaps it could have occurred during the formatting of the anims. It is funny that if you insert a new one from the original Knight model, the dust seems to decrease the scale. Seeking improvements and more realism, I will insert an update placing two particles, getting one in each pair of legs of the horse. Portrait will also be updating, but I think the ideal would not be to use Footman himself, to try to use an angle in which even the horse appears, I suppose it could be better!

Hey there :)
Interesting model!
Glad to see some custom animation work being done, even if there are still a bit stiff :p
Keep up the good work!
Thanks bro. I will polish the animations a little more, unfortunately Retera's is still not so practical in editing Frames, but in the next Upgr I will try to give even more sensitivity.

Level 4
No portrait?
You can use any generic one from Footman! Compared to the default designer... There are no changes, just the merging of original models and addition of totally new animations regarding the Reforged Knight.
Some animations are still rough and some details not very convenient, I'll still improve, smoothing the movements more in some and maybe even adding new anims.
Feel free to propose a portrait if you want to suggest it to him!