1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Knight.blp

Submitted by shiiK
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[Minor fix]
* Changed preview for consistency.

[Major fixes]
* Axe has been shaped up, meaning it's less barbaric looking, and it also fits the pole more properly.
* I've gotten rid of the royal blue cloth, replacing it with something more neutral when it comes to the team-colour and it also looks more worn this way.
* Some polish here and there - I removed the swirls on his plate armour (on the back) as they were looking a bit silly, and the only reason they were there in the first place was for the spikes on the original.

This is Juggernaught the Teutonic Knight. Feedback highly appreciated!

You may modify this resource in any way you see fit. I appreciate link-backs, though.

More previews

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Keywords:
knight, Teutonic, cross, felguard, warrior, axe, legionnaire, shiiK
Contents

The Knight (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
11:45, 8th Aug 2010 67chrome: Looks pretty sick. The only complaint I really have on this is the axe, the blade looks a little elongated and stretched. I'd recommend making the spot were the axe blade connects to the handle narrower. You should...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 11:45, 8th Aug 2010
    67chrome: Looks pretty sick. The only complaint I really have on this is the axe, the blade looks a little elongated and stretched. I'd recommend making the spot were the axe blade connects to the handle narrower. You should alpha out the part of the axe blade nearest the hands/bottom of the axe if you stood it on it's end.

2. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks nice now that its done.
    4/5.

3. Zeatherann

Zeatherann

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. Darkzealot_128

Darkzealot_128

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks sweet.

5. Stanakin

Stanakin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I like it quite a lot.

However, it doen't wrap well on the sides of his body. His armor and clothing don't match up and look weird. Don't know wether that's possible to fix, though.

6. Khaled

Khaled

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now I will test this on the grunt

7. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks folks.

I've put in some effort to try and wrap the legs smoothly, and of course, it is possible to do that to the rest of the skin as well, but it'll require a lot of patience considering it's not only two parts of the unwrap that are wrapped around at the same location (for instance the clothed arm is consisting of three or more parts that need to fit together and one of those parts is also used to fit together on the other, different arm) and some even cover more than one part of the model.

I would advice against it, seeing as that face was never intended to show properly. D:
    Other parts of the Grunt.blp are also covered with black and/or unique parts for this skin - like the horn and weapon.

8. Khaled

Khaled

Resources:
    Resources:
    Orly? Just tested, the face shows and on the axe is written shiik (but is covered with black)

9. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I know it shows, but it isn't shaded accordingly, nor have I spent any time making it look nice. The mouth of the Grunt is part of one of the alphaed fields and so is portions of his shins. Of course, it wouldn't take too much tweaking to make this fit with the Grunt, and it could also be made to fit with the Beastmaster.

10. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sweet. Likes it. 3.5/5 Needs more shading.

11. D3athM3at

D3athM3at

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks fucking awsome !!

12. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The blue really ruins this. and as chrome had said, you should try a different method of shading for the axe. I would suggest a nice thin and almost sudden transition between the light (blade) and the dark (inside metal) parts of the axe, like you already have, but have it at a nicer and straighter edge. I think it would look a bit more sophisticated for a knight and it would make the skin look alltogether, quite a lot better.

13. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The blue is there for variation, it got rather boring with grey armour and subtle hints of leather (the golden trims were added later). I'll see what I can do about the axe though.

14. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    SO much better. Nice work

15. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow. Looks a lot better really.

16. Sorceress

Sorceress

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The red + on the chest
    makes me see him as some sort of a medic knight.

foeshoe

17. PrinceOfFame

PrinceOfFame

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG I CANT BOLIVE HOW MUCH GOOD FACE>....LIKE!<<<no no noooo>>>A big LIKE!!!

18. Finexen

Finexen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks awesome :O

19. draist

draist

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, the model is looking awesome and all that, but I can't get it to work in my map...

I entered "units\demon\Felgaurd\Felgaurd" without the "" and I tried several spelling options since I thought that it might be wrong (felgAUrd) but it just won't work. It really sucks because I want that model in my map!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.