• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingpin - Life of Crime1.1

Kingpin - Life of Crime

Forword: Kingpin - Life of Crime is a Map based on a Shooter Game. It has many Cusses and disturbing Sound effects and harsh Language, also lots of Violence. Before you ask Yes i have read the Rules and yes i understand them all. If this is against them feel free to delete this Map, but give it a chance first please, this was so much work. The Soundeffects belongs in the Map just like in the Game. The Map would not be itself without them. Maybe you could make an Exception? If not i am not angry at all only desolated then and i can understand why it has been deleted.

Features
1.0 Story
1.1 World
1.2 Sounds
1.3 Characters
1.4 Weapons and Items
1.5 Abilitys
1.6 Systems
1.7 Data
1.8 Things you should know
1.9 Endword

1.1 Story
Set in a city, the world of Kingpin revolves around crime and criminals. The game begins in the most desolate and deprived area of the city, Skidrow, a dystopia where the population consists entirely of criminal elements, prostitutes, and
transients. It is here that the player character has been left, after being beaten up by some thugs under the employ of Nikki Blanco, one of the Kingpin's lieutenants. For some reason not explained within the game, Nikki Blanco wants the player out of his territory for good, and the beating is a warning that should he ever return, he can expect much worse.

Kingpin is a game about revenge. Picking up a piece of lead piping as a makeshift weapon, the player plots against Nikki and the Kingpin himself. The player's rise to prominence, and his lust for revenge will take him through various areas of the city.

1.1 World
The World of Kingpin is an Violent Urban Terrain, with Gangsta atmosphere and very dark derilicted Environments.
The most time you will spend on Citystreets, backstreets, depots, floors, sewers, clubs and other.
However there is lots of difference between the Terrain and all Places look different.
Lots of Terrainsounds and Backgroundsounds are shared around the Map, and there is also a bit to explore not only on the Mainpath, but on Sideways which leads into Rooms and Sidestreets. If you explore everything you can find lots of Items and Ammo or Cash which is needed greatly.

1.2 Sounds
There are over 380 custom Sound effects added into the Map:
- Background Soundeffects which play constantly at all Places.
- Terrain Soundeffects on lot of Places of the Terrain, if you enter the specific Terrainplace the Sound will be played.
- Weapon and Items sounds, if you pickup, use, fire, reload or do anything else there are a lot of sounds for that.
-Character sounds, yes there is very many of them. Player, Enemy, Neutral.Attacking, Fighting, Dying, Taking Damage, Talking, Insulting, Dialogue and much more.
-Mercenarie and Special Character sounds as well, if you talk to QuestCharacters or special ones.
-At last there are whole Cutscene sounds which play as Conversations in the Mapcutscenes.

1.3 Characters
Neutral Characters and Enemies:
You will find lots of neutral Characters which you can talk too. They will respond with lots of Dialogue sounds or random Conversations between them if you are nearby. They will only attack if you do.
Enemies are the most common Units in the Map, there are a lot of different ones.
Most of them called "Strangers" and they will have meele Weapons or some ranged Weapons like Pistols, Shotguns Tommyguns or something else.
There are also "Gangs" in the City just like the Scorpions or the Poisonville Gangmembers. As you progress trough the Game the Enemies gets stronger and harder to kill.Non Human Characters are the "Straying Dogs", you will meet a lot of them in open Areas just like the Scrapyard

Special Characters, Npc's and the Player
You will find some Special Chracters too troughout the Game.
All of them have different things to say if you talk to them. Some of them might even attack you if you insulting them. There are the Ones that give you usefull Informations about how to going on or what to do, and there are the QuestCharacters which gives you some Optional Quests if you talk to them. There might even be some Reward for you if you accept to help them.
NPc's are Special Characters too just like the "WeaponShop" or the Nightclub Guards which sells you items. The Mercenaries are Special Characters which you can Hire and then they will follow you until they or you die.
The Player Character is a "Nameless Thug" which is under you Controll. He can't level up or anything. But he has Abiblity to Talk to people, use environment Stuff, or he can just fight in meele or with Ranged Weapons. He also can revive fallen Players in "Coop Mode".

1.4 Weapons and Items
There are 9 different Weapons each if them with a unique part:
-Lead Pipe, your standard start Meeleweapon
-Crowbar, stronger the the Lead Pipe goo to crush skulls or Crates
-Pistol, Weak in Damage and Speed with normal Attackrange but can be improved by several mods which you can buy for it
-Shotgun, Good spreading Damage but slow speed and not much Range
-Tommygun, Attacks as fast as you Finger can push the Hotkey has also higher Damage then the Pistol and a large Magazine
-Grenade Launcher, Fires Grenades with high Firerate which explodes after a few seconds and the Target Place and deals some splash Damage
-Flamethrower, Ver low Range even lower then the Shotgun but High bruning Damage which burns the Target for several Seconds
-Rocket Launcher, Very high Splash Damage and good Fire Rate the Rockets explodes just like the Grenades at the target Location after a few Seconds
-Heavy Machine Gun HMG, Fires 3 Shot Bursts with some Cooldown between them with High Damage and High Range also can be improved by a Mod

You can find/buy some different Items as well:
-Ammotypes, Each Weapon uses their own ammo except for Pistol and Tommygun which shares the same Ammo you can find or buy lots of these and you need them for good.
-Questitems, Some of them can be found and some you will aquire troughout the Game from Chracters.
-Medpaks, Are instant healing Packs which recovers your Health.
-Armors, Same as the Medpaks but recovers your Mana which is based on Armor Value.
-Cash$, This one is found in small amounts or big Bags from Safes You need this more then anyting else to buy Weapons, Items, QuestsItems and Mercs.

1.5 Abilitys
The Mainabilities explained you will use in the Game:
-Talk, Talk to Characters with this to accept Quests get Informations or just talk to them.
-Insult, The Opposite of Talk will make the Chracters angry and they will cuss on you or even attack you.
-Interact, Push Levers or Doors with this to Open them.
-Armor, This is just the Spell that gets activated when you get some Armor (it is based on Manashield).
-Revive (Coop), If you play wih multiple Players you can revive eachother with this Spell however you will not start with full Health again and loose some Gold.
-Fire, This fires your equipped Weapon all of them have different Cooldowns
-Reload, Reloads the equipped Weapon if you have Ammo left
-Open Safe/Doors (Mercenarie Spell), Your Mercenarie will open the Safe or Locked Door with this.

1.6 Systems
This Map features some cool Systems which are explained here:
-Talking/Insulting/Conversation Systems, I don't want to call it "Dialogue System" because it isn't, it is a System which plays lot of different Sounds on each Character if you talk to them or make them Angry or might even changes their Mood
-Mercenarie System, This System makes you have your Own Merc which will follow you anywhere and attack anythingh neraby, he will never let you down or will stuck somewhere, it makes sure that he will be moved to you if you are too far away. Mercenaries can go trough Door as well just like you.
-Weapon and Ammo System, It isn't a pro system but it has been imrpoved since my last Shooter Map, You can equip the Weapons by pushing on them, the ammo left is represented by the Charges remaining. If you reload you need the right Ammo in your Inventory. If you have for example 32 Rounds left in the Tommygun and you reload, it will just take the 18 rounds up to 50 from your Ammo stash and add them to the 32. So you never loose a whole Magazine and you can reload anytime you want. If you are full on charges it removes nothing from your Ammo stash.These are the complex Systems all other ones are smaller and not worth to be explained.s

1.7 Data
Here are the Mapdata at one Look
Size: 150x148
Cityscape: Dalaran-Ruins
Units on Map: ~1200
Doodats: ~9000
Rects: 208
Cameras: 29
Triggers: 233
Variables: 61
Sounds: 390

1.8 Things you should know
!Some usefull Hints for beginners here:
! Equip Weapons by pushing on them in the Inventory, the Charges left represents the Ammount of Ammo in the Magazine. You then can shoot with Hotkey "F".

! Each Weapon needs different Ammo so make sure you got the right one. Your inventory only has 6 slots (one of the always is reserved for the Meele Weapon), so i would take at max 2 Weapons with the right 2 Ammotypes with me. So you have one Slot left for Quest
Items.

! When you have a Mercenarie, you can use his "Oped Safe and Door Spell" on Safes you found or on Doors with a Red Rune in front of them. You have no other chance to open them by yourself.

! Your Mecenarie can be a good Meatshield. He can take a lot of Damage more then you.

! If you aquire Health or Armor Items, they will be used instantly adding Health or Mana to you and all your Coop Partners on the Map, even the Mercenaries are healed. That means this Items are shared for all.

! Cash$ is shared too but it depends on the Number of Players. If you pick up Cash$ it will be shared between you all as well.

! Cutscenes don't have the "Cinematic Mode" attached to them otherwise you could heard all soundeffects in the Map and see all Flooting Textes, because the Map has no fog then.

! Explore every bit of the Map to find Ammo and Stuff, even destroy all the Crates you find to gain Items, it will make your Life much easier.

! Watch out if you die in Singleplayer it over. You only have one Life so saving the Game often is an option here.

! If you want a stronger Mercenarie then yours you have to kill your old one are let him be killed by others. You only can have 1 Merc at a time.

! Make sure you always get strapped up good before going on. You can't Teleport back to Shops or Locations you have to walk all the Way back if you are to weak to going on.

! Weapons only can be bought, except for Pistol and Shotgun which you aquire at the start.

1.9 Endword
This is all you need to know by now, the rest you will experience yourselves in the Game. If you have any suggestions or find bugs plz say it to me then, or post comments here so i can fix it. This map realy took a lot of effort. You can visit my
YoutubeChannel for a full Playtroug trough the Map in Singleplayer. I don't post any Screenshots because the Videos says more then thousands of them. Thanks for reading and have fun playing.

Credits
Credits go to:
Mc ! for the GoblinCar (Motorcycle) Model, thanks man.
Xatrix for the great old Kingpin Game.
All the sounds taken from the Game.
Warcraft 3 and Blizzard for the Editor and my favorite Game Warcraft 3.
Ideas taken from the Game, and some things added additionaly.

Changelogs
v1.1
-Player 2-4's Characters are now hidden during the beginning Cinematic.
-Flooting Textes now gets hidden during Cinematics
-Ammo now wont vanish if dropped on the Ground
-The 2 Guards at the near of Yolanda are now much Stronger so you are nearly forced to pay her for Distraction
-Mercenaries Health lowered
-Bosses Health increased
-Health of Enemies now is increased in Multiplayer by 20%
-Cash and Cashbags$ are now shared between all Players
-Multiboard Space for Names is bigger now
-Some Minor Fixes and Things[/COLOR]

CLICK ME
http://www.youtube.com/user/Warcraft4Gamer?feature=mhee#p/c/E66D04DC6718E152
This Playtrough is not completed yet but it will all be uploaded within a few days.

Keywords:
Kingpin, Life of Crime, Shooter, Blood, Violence, Gangsta, Urban, Cusses, Third Person
Contents

Kingpin - Life of Crime1.1 (Map)

Reviews
23:05, 11th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected Post the credits in the description. Other than that the map is approvable. Oh and a preview image maybe? Contact Me Update: Status: Approved

M

23:05, 11th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

Post the credits in the description.
Other than that the map is approvable.
Oh and a preview image maybe?

Contact Me

Update: Status: Approved

Level 1
Poor terrain, sloppy, not that well executed, but this map is lols. That's all I can say. Pure lolz. It doesn't have much of a replay value, but it's great if you're bored of the average W3 map. Enjoy.

Level 2
Marvel? I watched the show Daredevil and kingpin was a character or something. The crime master or something. Anyway I have not try yet. Time to test it out.