• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Kingdom of Lordaeron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
hi guys,
i just finished my first map 'Kingdom of Lordaeron'. Please leave some feedback or replays if you want.

General Information:
- 2 Player Map
- 86x86 Playable Area
- 6 green, 10 orange, 2 red creepspots
- 4 Expansions with 10000 Gold each
- 1 Tavern, 2 Merchs, 2 Gobos, 2 Shops

For my first map i tried to stay basic and balanced, same goes for the aesthetics. Lordaeron Summer Tileset is overused but its still the most enjoyable for competitiv Warcraft because its easy on the eyes.

The Map has all the usuall things like tavern, merchs, gobos and shops. It has a very close expansion for Human, enough creepspots for undead, aow creepspots for Elf and space for orcs.

The only thing i dont like its the size, could be a little bit bigger. Its equal to Secret Valley, which is really small aswell.

Have Fun.

Screenshots:
Unbenannt-1.jpg Unbenannt-2.jpg Unbenannt-3.jpg Unbenannt-4.jpg Unbenannt-5.jpg Unbenannt-6.jpg Unbenannt-7.jpg

Overview:
fgdfgdgft-1.jpg

Creeps:
overview-1.jpg

Attachments

• (2)Kingdom of Lordaeron.w3x
    138.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Level 11
Good melee map.
Mafe says the true. Upload it.
If you want feedback, maybe you can change the gold in the goldmines from 10000 to 15000. In a 1v1, the players want a long and balanced fight. The gold is crucial for maps of 1 hour and a half

Level 1
Hi,
i just tried your map for the 1st time and for some reason the clearity potion is missing in the orc shop - not sure if that is the case for other races, too. Also the placement of the merc camps need some work since units that travel past them aggro the creeps. Apart from that it plays really well so far :)

EDIT: the creeps guarding the 4 goldmines have a insane aggro range, especially the bottom right and top left mines are problematic since u cant cross the bridge without pulling them.

Last edited:
Level 11
I like that detail, personally. One can go through the center and, if one wants to attack by surprise from the flanks (what you were probably looking for), you should first lose time and units in freeing the road.

Level 12
so i made some changes after getting some feedback. i will upload it in the Maps section later mafe.

Changelist:
- improved creeping with different spots and item drops. Should be easier to get lvl 3
- removed the bridge and give that area a little more space
- updated the download in the starting post

Unbenannt-1.jpg Unbenannt-2.jpg Unbenannt-3.jpgUnbenannt-5.jpg Unbenannt-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.