• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0

I'm very happy to show all of you my Kindergarten TD!

For people who want to know something about this map before playing it, there's a small FAQ here:

What did you change?

This TD bases on the old Wintermaul maps but there's nearly nothing i didn't change:
°All towers (123) and races (10) etc.
°I remade the terrain and did heavy changes to the landscape.
°All special levels (11) were made by me.
°All map specials (e.g. builder teleport) were made by me.
°I improved the unit pathing and added a stuck-teleport.
°I added an XP system based on save/load codes.

What do i have to do?

°The sense of the map is to defend the kinna treehouse from the adults who want to know all your 40 secrets (lives).
°It's your mission to choose one of 10 unique races and beat the adults that try to reach the treehouse.
°Save your amount of XP and enable many features for you to play!

Who helped you to create this map?

°Basically this map is made by me, Dinah.
°Ap0calypse helped me translating the map.
°Some people of this map forum (and some friends of mine) who helped me improving the map and finding bugs.

What makes this map unique and a must have?

°Better looking terrain (Green flower style).
°A bank (or better comic) system with variable interest.
°Many special rounds like Invulnerable or Healer.
°Fixed unit stuck.
°2 Languages (German/English).
°Sounds.
°Funny descriptions of every tower.
°An XP system.
°A Money Devide Mode (for better Teamplay).
°Many other features.

Is this map protected?

Yes this map is protected and can't be opened in WE.

What is the sense of the XP system?

The XP system should motivate skilled players to play Kindergarten TD multiple times to earn advanced revards offering new strategies.

Which features can be enabled with higher XP amounts?

°100 XP -> Pro Races
°200 XP -> Instant Builder-Teleport
°300 XP -> Random Tower
°400 XP -> Book of Capers
And much more!

Changelog
Kiga now requires Warcraft 1.24 version.
Added new Game Mode "Perfection" (only 1 Secret; 125% XP).
Added new tower for Anime (Yu-Gi-Oh).
Added new upgrade for Electric Carusel (Murderous Carusel).
Added new tower for Gang (Assassin).
Added new tower for Library (Edward Cullen).
Added new XP tower to Cuddle Corner (Cuddle Den).
Added Waypoints to the positions of Red, Blue and Teal.
Added upgrade for Random Tower for 600 XP.
Added "-host x" command for Host to determine a new Host.
Added Random Race ability to the start kid (Choosing random race gives 15% extra startup gold).
Added "Adults Left" Bar to the multiboard.
Added new spell to "Book of Capers" (Emergency Landing; 1200 XP).
Rebalanced Bedwetting ability (Increased damage and AOE).
Rebalanced "Stuffed Mythological Creature's" anti air upgrade.
Replaced some tips.
Replaced loading screen image.
Reduced cooldown of "Catch" ability.
Removed Caster levels due to bugs (might be readded in future versions).
Improved "Move your ass"-Ability.
Improved unit pathing.
Fixed bug making the game stuck when Host leaves before Game options are choosen.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from slowing mechanically levels.
Fixed Whirlwind ability from Cyclone Bonus rounds.
Fixed "Stuffed Alpine Bear"-Upgrade and "Detective Conan" from not slowing as shown in tooltip.
Fixed rare bug showing up the wrong level in defeat dialog.
Fixed "-nameall" command.
Fixed wrong sell values on upgraded towers.
Fixed some memory leaks.
It's not possible to attack adults at greys spawn from yellow position anymore.
Sell ability now also can sell car workshop items.
"-sell"-command now will sell items, too.
When amount of adults is below 10% the remaining mobs will be marked on the minimap.
Bonus Rounds now have a 10% chance to spawn as red ones additionally offering an extra secret.
Library Autocast can now be set to "only Bonus".
Minor Changes.
Minor Bugfixes.

Please report bugs\etc. to me.

- Dinah -

Keywords:
td, tower defense, defense, maul, Kindergarten, tower, wintermaul, maul, Dinah, Kiga
Contents

Kindergarten TD! v.3.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:22, 14th June 2009, by Rui(#101): A tower defense translated in two languages. There is little else to distinguish it from other maps of the same type. Approved with a 2,5 out of 5 rating, 3 (Useful) approximately.
Level 28
Who would've thought this newb-TD could've ended up so big?
I really like the map and I'm glad you didn't give up after my first rating ;) (4/10, though it deserved a 3/10 and rejection back then :p).

First of all: congratulations on this map, it's certainly a great maul, it contains some really good ideas and I can see your triggering has been improved greatly since you started making this.

The quality of this map (in almost every aspect) is above avarage, though the terrain might still need some work.
I'm not going to review this now, because I usualy only review maps that haven't been approved, but I will give this map a 4/5.

Level 8
Who would've thought this newb-TD could've ended up so big?
I really like the map and I'm glad you didn't give up after my first rating ;) (4/10, though it deserved a 3/10 and rejection back then :p).

It this place I'd thank you for your constantly given criticism!
I think I wont stop working on Kiga because there will be always some changes that need to be done, or new stuff needing to be invented ;)

First of all: congratulations on this map, it's certainly a great maul, it contains some really good ideas and I can see your triggering has been improved greatly since you started making this.

The quality of this map (in almost every aspect) is above avarage, though the terrain might still need some work.

One of my main aims is to make this map as unique as possible and let it look smart or something like that ;)
I guess this means I have archiefed my aim? :p

Great to hear that my skills in triggering has been improved :)
I'd like to have new challenges in Kiga mapping so it would be great if somebody could tell me his ideas about the future of Kiga ;)

I'm not going to review this now, because I usualy only review maps that haven't been approved, but I will give this map a 4/5.

As you may know this map became rejected because of Problems in the map administration ...
Nobody was able to approve it so finaly it ended up there -.-
Now since I've uploaded this brand new version it is in review status again so now it's time that somebody approves this map!

This map is not approved yet so it wont interfere with you habit ;)

I like Feedback :D

Level 28
Ohh, I saw some review at the front page, so I assumed it was approved ^^

Allright, here is my review:

General

General:
  • There could be more info in the description (level types, game modes).
  • The multiboard was too short, increase the player name size (my name didn't fit :p)
  • Set a maximum amount of characters to the name-command.
  • Change the loading screen, you can get the map at the hive now :D (and epicwar isn't really a good map-site anyway).
  • I really like how the in-game description looks, by the way :p (but I think I've made that partially... xD)

Gameplay:
  • Create custom armor/attack-types.
  • You can create awards or something... (+XP if the award is completed, e.g.: get to level 10/15/... without losing a life).
  • Change the gold/lumber/food tooltips.
  • Maybe make some invis-towers? It's useful from time to time :)
  • The bank-system is actually just free gold, if you want to keep it like that, no problem, but you can make it possible to get negative interest.
Terrain/Objects

Terrain:
  • As said before: the terrain could really use some improvements
  • In general, I didn't like the tileset
  • The flowers on the edge aren't looking really good (in my opinion).
  • I like the idea of the terrain at red, blue and teal's spawn, try basing the rest of that (but change the tilesets a little bit :s)

Objects:
  • Towers and descriptions are all right.
  • Not a lot of custom spells...
  • Races are good
  • Most towers can't upgrade (if that was ment to be, it's no problem).
Overall

This certainly is a good maul, I've already made my point in the previous post, so I won't waste too much time on this.
Just make sure you improve the terrain, increase the multiboard and some other things I've mentionned.

If you like the award-thing, I can give you some ideas for awards, but make sure it doesn't get imba because of them.

Rating: 4/5
Vote for Approval

That's it, good luck ;)

Edit:
I've tried the "-nameall" command, but it didn't work for me:
I've set my name to "Hay" (random name), I've typed "-nameall" and then it spammed the message "nobody has changed his name".
Fix that as well.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review on "Kindergarten TD!" (Tower Defense by Dinah)

~23 comments deleted

This map is a tower defense. As such, I don't think I need to explain much about its gameplay: you build towers to stop waves of creeps that constantly spawn.
I found it interesting that you have the map in two languages. However, this only adds to the map size and loading time, by creating high amounts of objects that are the same, just with different names and tooltips. Fortunately, this is not noticeable.
With the high amount of main buildings, there is always a doubt about whether all races are equal. In this particular map, I didn't notice it. Truth be said, we didn't play for long, but I found only minor differences: it's not only the balance that counts, but also the originality.
The terrain was alright, I liked the way you used the ground tiles. Drawing arrows with them was something I hadn't seen in any tower defense, and personally I find it a good idea.
Your map was first reviewed by Septimus, who reported hotkey malfunctions. I tested the hotkeys and they all seemed to be working.
Like I said in the third paragraph, I don't think the map is very original. It's a full-working tower defense map with two languages, apparently some gameplay modes, but with little else to distinguish it from the other maps of the same type.Perhaps I should also note that the number of players isn't taken into account, so you either play with full house or you don't.My rating is a 2,5 out of 5, rounded up to a 3 (Useful). The map is Approved.

Level 28
I didn't get verry long when playing this. I picked street gang and was stupid enough to build the most expensive tower first wich made it impossible for me to get back up. I noticed that one of my peon towers stopped attacking when I upgraded it. I never found out why cause attack range and attack speed where quite fine.
I'd like to point out the ending where the treehouse died. You might wanna cut down on the duration of that cause I almost fell asleep. 10-15 seconds would be fine imo.

Reactions: Rui
Level 8
Okay Thank you for your feedback :)
I'm going to fix the issues and improve the originality if this map in next version. ;)

There could be more info in the description (level types, game modes).

Yes, maybe ;)
But there is not much space so is descided to leave out that information.

The multiboard was too short, increase the player name size (my name didn't fit :p)

Oh, your name is very important of course :D
I'll do something with the multyboard ;)

Set a maximum amount of characters to the name-command.

There is allready a maximun of 20 characters.

Change the loading screen, you can get the map at the hive now :D (and epicwar isn't really a good map-site anyway).

Youre right. It's just because Kiga was rejected on Hive ....

Sry, Im lack of time at the moment ;)
I'll think about changing the terrain!

The map is Approved.

"This map has not been approved in the resource section and is not guaranteed to be working."
It seems the map is still in Pending status -.-

I noticed that one of my peon towers stopped attacking when I upgraded it. I never found out why cause attack range and attack speed where quite fine.

While upgrading the tower is not able to attack. I guess this is what you noticed.

I'd like to point out the ending where the treehouse died. You might wanna cut down on the duration of that cause I almost fell asleep. 10-15 seconds would be fine imo.

The duration is as long as it is because players should be given enough time to save their XP codes. How could you not see the explanation shown at that time?! :D

However, thanks. ;)

Last edited:
Level 28
While upgrading the tower is not able to attack. I guess this is what you noticed.

I might not be a TD pro but I'm not stupid. The tower had finished upgrading. It attacked like every 15th second. For some reason I don't belive that you set the attack cooldown to 15 seconds.

The duration is as long as it is because players should be given enough time to save their XP codes. How could you not see the explanation shown at that time?! :D

Writing -save wouldn't take longer than 3 seconds. I say this cause there where a few complains about that when I played it.

Level 8
I might not be a TD pro but I'm not stupid. The tower had finished upgrading. It attacked like every 15th second. For some reason I don't belive that you set the attack cooldown to 15 seconds.

Okay sry but actually this tower has neither special abilities nor is triggered so it's very unlikely that there is a bug with it's attack. It's a meele tower therefore it's range is quite short of course.
This is all mentioned in it's tooltip and the non-upgraded tower has the same range and there is no problem as well so i guess you noticed that the tower is a meele one.
If the problem is annother one then I could need a replay or an declaration how to reproduce the bug.

Name: Strong Gang Member
Cooldown: 0.70
Base Damage: 34
Range: 150
Weapon: Normal
Targets: Ground, Enemy

Writing -save wouldn't take longer than 3 seconds. I say this cause there where a few complains about that when I played it.

Typing it wouldn't take longer than 3 seconds but you need to write down the code somewhere if you don't want to loose it. Of course you can do a sreenshot but I personally prefer it that way.
Additionally at that time the players have time to discuss about the game or blame the guy beeing responsible for the defeat.
Nobody is forced to stay ingame after the treehouse is down.

Last edited:
Level 3
:D (HEY Dinah bin wieder da XD)

I'll test your map now and after that i will post my opinion (if i think it's important)(ich finde immer noch wir sollten deutsch sprechen dürfen XD!!)

Level 1
Sadly, this map doesn't work on WC3 OSX. I tested 2.7 through 2.9 - the game crashes on 2/5 of the loading screen, without an error message (just freezes).

I'm happy to assist in any bug-fixing, maybe the protection doesn't work properly in OSX.

Level 8
Sry for late reply ;)

I'm using Vexorians Map Optimizer (Latest version of course) for protecting Kiga and I don't think it causes this problem.
Never heard about this issue yet.

Unfortunately I even don't know about the differences between the Win and the OSX versions of Wc3.

Level 2
A tower defense translated in two languages. There is little else to distinguish it from other maps of the same type. Approved with a 2,5 out of 5 rating, 3 (Useful) approximately.

I for one am insulted by the moderator's description and rating of the map. It's as if the map weren't even played to determine the rating. The bilingual option is not even a highlight of the map.

Compared to other mauls, Kiga has superior pathing, a simple change that alleviates popular player concerns that mauls are too easy. Armor type and special abilities like divine shield keep players on their toes when choosing which tower to build and when. Along with that, wise spending and saving play an important role in determining how much money you'll have available throughout the course of the game. Fans of waypoint mazing as in Gem/Sprout/Eeve/Artifact will appreciate the added waypoints to all but three areas. Finally, the major reason I continue playing KigaTD is that it boasts an XP system with perks at various increments.

How did the moderator miss all that? Not even one of those was mentioned...

Well, aside from the innovations added to the maul infrastructure, the map has its share of bugs of course--namely crashes... that have happened to me in the players/game creation screen haha

Level 8
I for one am insulted by the moderator's description and rating of the map. It's as if the map weren't even played to determine the rating. The bilingual option is not even a highlight of the map.

Compared to other mauls, Kiga has superior pathing, a simple change that alleviates popular player concerns that mauls are too easy. Armor type and special abilities like divine shield keep players on their toes when choosing which tower to build and when. Along with that, wise spending and saving play an important role in determining how much money you'll have available throughout the course of the game. Fans of waypoint mazing as in Gem/Sprout/Eeve/Artifact will appreciate the added waypoints to all but three areas. Finally, the major reason I continue playing KigaTD is that it boasts an XP system with perks at various increments.

Well, aside from the innovations added to the maul infrastructure, the map has its share of bugs of course--namely crashes... that have happened to me in the players/game creation screen haha

Woah thanks for that :)
Unfortunately Rui wont care much about what you said I guess :/

I'm proud to say 3.0 will be out soon :)

Here an insight into the Changelog so far:
Added new Game Mode "Perfektion" (only 1 Secret; 125% XP).
Added new upgrade for Electric Carusel (Murderous Carusel).
Rebalanced Bedwetting ability (Increased damage and AOE).
Replaced some tips.
Reduced cooldown of "Catch" ability.
Fixed Caster levels from sometimes not casting their spells.
Fixed Caster levels from not appearing in lvl 10 and 25.
Fixed Whirlwind ability, wich could slow mechanically levels.
Fixed "Stuffed Alpine Bear"-Upgrade and "Detective Conan" from not slowing as shown in tooltip.
Fixed bug showing up the wrong level in defeat dialog.
Minor Changes.
Minor Bugfixes.

Level 1

LOL Mazemauler what an odd name . I finally registered. I think we two are two of the few who really can give any insight on this map for we are masters of it .

Woah thanks for that :)
Unfortunately Rui wont care much about what you said I guess :/

I'm proud to say 3.0 will be out soon :)

Here an insight into the Changelog so far:
Added new Game Mode "Perfektion" (only 1 Secret; 125% XP). Wait ... Kinna is 140 xp this should be a 160xp% value for the difficulty of it. to be in sequence with the 20% additional xp% per difficulty level.
Added new upgrade for Electric Carusel (Murderous Carusel). :) good
Rebalanced Bedwetting ability (Increased damage and AOE).- hopefully 50%
Replaced some tips.
Reduced cooldown of "Catch" ability. - well done for users under 600XP
Fixed Caster levels from sometimes not casting their spells.
Fixed Caster levels from not appearing in lvl 10 and 25.
Fixed Whirlwind ability, wich could slow mechanically levels. - so I assume it won't slow them now?
Fixed "Stuffed Alpine Bear"-Upgrade and "Detective Conan" from not slowing as shown in tooltip. - good cause I never built conan for that reason lol
Fixed bug showing up the wrong level in defeat dialog.
Minor Changes.
Minor Bugfixes.

This game crashes very often. It is very difficult to get a full game in this way - maze and I almost beat it again last night but it died on lvl 29... I am not sure why this happens.

You mention to me a while ago about more auras? IS this still in your plans?

and no mention of the 1200xp spell. :) the chainlightning spell I talked about in e-mail would be nice :). Your Veteran players want to keep having something to go for :p

Other than that I'm glad you're taking inititive in getting 3.0 out soon. gl

crap I replied in that change log :p

IDea - since gang memeber and the siege tower of it have so many upgrades that cost a ton. - add one more for the rifle line - from killer to ASSASIN tower! with a even shorter cool down and mild damage increase! what an idea - since you have 4 upgrades on the other tower and onle 2 on the rifle

I just added more thought Via an e-mail, Dinah; I'll post it here also.

My Idea for a 3rd upgrade on the Rifle line of tower in the Gang member race, would even out gold spent on towers. At the moment, the melee, seige towers cost much more.

I suggested for a 3rd upgrade titled Assasin which would cost 200 more gold and naturally have stats increased to say a .2 cool down and 100 more damage. and here's the beauty idea of it all: Headshot. Naturally an assasin can snipe it's enemies! a 2% chance to instantly kill ay creep would be a great addition to this game. I'd say 1% but you want it to occur enough to make people interested, and it's low enough not to be abused.

Who thinks this isn't a great idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
First, don't double post! There is a Edit button for a reason!

Added new Game Mode "Perfektion" (only 1 Secret; 125% XP). Wait ... Kinna is 140 xp this should be a 160xp% value for the difficulty of it. to be in sequence with the 20% additional xp% per difficulty level.

No its calculated this way:

Code:
[COLOR=DarkOrange]XP gained[/COLOR] * [COLOR=Red]Difficulty modifier[/COLOR] * [COLOR=Lime]Extra  modifier[/COLOR] = [COLOR=Yellow]Total XP[/COLOR] [COLOR=Yellow]gained[/COLOR]
Example for a 0 XP Player on lvl 1 on Kinna and Perfection:

Code:
[COLOR=DarkOrange]0.300[/COLOR] * [COLOR=Red]1.40[/COLOR] * [COLOR=Lime]1.25[/COLOR] = [COLOR=Yellow]0.525[/COLOR]
Rebalanced Bedwetting ability (Increased damage and AOE).- hopefully 50%

No, now it's 30% in 700 AOE. Strong enough I guess.

Fixed Whirlwind ability, wich could slow mechanically levels. - so I assume it won't slow them now?

Yes, mechanically levels should not be able to be slowed.

This game crashes very often. It is very difficult to get a full game in this way - maze and I almost beat it again last night but it died on lvl 29... I am not sure why this happens.

I know this issue but unfortunately these crashes seem occour arbitrary (they happen at any time or level and they are not triggered by a certain spell or something) so I just don't know where I can fix them or if it's maybe an issue of the warcraft engine.

IDea - since gang memeber and the siege tower of it have so many upgrades that cost a ton. - add one more for the rifle line - from killer to ASSASIN tower! with a even shorter cool down and mild damage increase! what an idea - since you have 4 upgrades on the other tower and onle 2 on the rifle

I was planning to add a new tower to gang instead of annother upgrade.

At the moment, the melee, seige towers cost much more.

Not right. The meele total cost is cheaper than the killers.

I suggested for a 3rd upgrade titled Assasin which would cost 200 more gold and naturally have stats increased to say a .2 cool down and 100 more damage. and here's the beauty idea of it all: Headshot. Naturally an assasin can snipe it's enemies! a 2% chance to instantly kill ay creep would be a great addition to this game. I'd say 1% but you want it to occur enough to make people interested, and it's low enough not to be abused

The stats are calculated based on the gold cost when I add a tower.
Hmm, the headshot thing is an interesting idea but this is not easy to balance because a high amount of this assassin-tower would kill every wave regardless of hp, armor and specials so it's either overpowered or useless. A high damage e.g. 1000 on 1% of the attacks would be ok.

Thanks for Feedback :)

Level 1
The stats are calculated based on the gold cost when I add a tower.
Hmm, the headshot thing is an interesting idea but this is not easy to balance because a high amount of this assassin-tower would kill every wave regardless of hp, armor and specials so it's either overpowered or useless. A high damage e.g. 1000 on 1% of the attacks would be ok.

I don't think it would be overpowered, hence the 1-2% chance to headshot. I think It wouldn't be usless due to the fact it's a bit faster and stronger than a killer( even if it rarely headshot's a unit). But, if you want to go for an absolute damage route, thought you hated that way:) , then you should up the % for the tower to do the 1k extra damage to 10%-15%. both are still good ideas. Why not do both ; the extra upgrade for killer, and a new tower. I see no harm in doing that. I really don't know what you'd make unless it's maybe a multishot peircing tower that could be some sort of mob assault crowd with knives , shrugs, . hehe Brain storming is how you get great things done.

Not right. The meele total cost is cheaper than the killers.

I forgot the Last upgrade for the melee/doorkeeper was only 160 gold. The siege tower is very pricey then. Do you think it should cost 320 for it's final upgrade? maybe if it were faster, shrugs.
Originally Posted by RichardSharpe

No its calculated this way:

Code:
XP gained * Difficulty modifier * Extra modifier = Total XP gainedExample for a 0 XP Player on lvl 1 on Kinna and Perfection:

Code:
0.300 * 1.40 * 1.25 = 0.525

Well when you put in the works for a perfection setting, normally it would continue along the line of difficulty as you have been. You weren't clear about it. So you're just tacking it on the hard setting's XP % with a minor bonus and having it as another setting, ok. I still think you should have it set to 160% of the level's xp base code. It is very hard to do this with out losing any lives- even with good players.

and just noticed you expect us to pay 345 gold for a aa tower on playground that is not even nearly as good as the 75 gold tower on giant flatscreen, outrageous!

BTW i don't really care about how many times I post. possibly it is to different users? hmm! really if you're that anal , apoc get a life.

Last edited:
Level 1
just to steam your clams- apoc. and i'm done supporting this map. I find someone to be a bit arrogent . I will remind him that this is less popular than wintermaul's original map.. No one hosts it and to get such rude feedback is amazing. do whatever you want i don't care.

Level 28
BTW i don't really care about how many times I post. possibly it is to different users? hmm! really if you're that anal , apoc get a life.
Ohh, yeah... that really matters... (no, it doesn't).
-rep is nothing to be angry about, it happens a lot, follow the rules (perhaps read them first) and it doesn't happen.

I am not arrogant, I'm doing my job: I merged the posts for you and gave you -2 rep, which is really not much, most people would get -4 (for each post).
Well, whatever... you've just earned another -3 rep for these completely futile posts.

Level 1
hey, i have a question. my brother and me are playing Kiga TD very often...now we heard that after the 30 rounds 3 bonusrounds can be played...we played the map in normal difficult and we lost no secrets...but there were no bonusrounds
do we have to play in hard mode for the bonusrounds?

keep up the good work..this map rulz!

Level 1
Any Luck debugging the map?

Hi, I've noticed this map crashes an awful lot. Any hopes that this might fix? Could it be from the protection program you use? Maybe use another?

Are you willing to take ideas for the upcoming version :) :) I wish to offer some.

I dislike gamershed. could you make a new upgrade? faster speed by40%? maybe name it overclocking . but not too exensive :(

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey
the Bonus Rounds were removed in 2.9 because they were neither funny, interesting nor had any difficulty so I descided to do so. There is still a tooltip in 2.9 that says kiga contains these Bonus Rounds which ich simply wrong; already fixed in next version ;)

Level 2
Sandbox and unterwasser station has deutch description in english game and I saw more towers but I dont remember them. Lego knight costs 17 but you can sell it for 75.

Level 2
a few comments on v3.0:
  • the pinging @ 10% mobs left: this is both annoying and does not seem to work consistently (doesnt work some rounds). also, the last 10% of mobs are usually in one person's area so the pinging is very condensed=eyesore. if the concept behind it is to help reveal stuck mobs, then 5% remaining is okay
  • mobs from red and teal do not path properly towards orange and purple. instead, they walk towards yellow and get stuck in the waterway (no players in my game were blocking). we temporarily solved this by sticking a tower near the mobs to lure them away--it worked as they teleported right away to green/pink. however, they would destroy the luring tower or even ALL towers in oj/purple's area. very inconvenient. this may be related to the addition of the new waypoints at the top.

things i like:
  • random tower upgrade - 300g
  • red bonuses - +1 life
  • fewer crashes
  • 'adults left' counter on scoreboard

overall, once you can fix all the memory leaks, it might be possible to beat the game with more than 3 players. dropping players is what makes round 27 and 28 so hard--we're just fighting against crashes xD keep up the good work though, there's a noticeable difference in how often/many crashes happen now :)

Level 8
Hey thanks for your feedback C=

the pinging @ 10% mobs left: this is both annoying and does not seem to work consistently (doesnt work some rounds). also, the last 10% of mobs are usually in one person's area so the pinging is very condensed=eyesore. if the concept behind it is to help reveal stuck mobs, then 5% remaining is okay

Hmm, your right concerning my concept i'll think about it ;)

mobs from red and teal do not path properly towards orange and purple. instead, they walk towards yellow and get stuck in the waterway (no players in my game were blocking). we temporarily solved this by sticking a tower near the mobs to lure them away--it worked as they teleported right away to green/pink. however, they would destroy the luring tower or even ALL towers in oj/purple's area. very inconvenient. this may be related to the addition of the new waypoints at the top.

I know about this bug and I'm working on the upcoming version to fix that. ;)

overall, once you can fix all the memory leaks, it might be possible to beat the game with more than 3 players. dropping players is what makes round 27 and 28 so hard--we're just fighting against crashes xD keep up the good work though, there's a noticeable difference in how often/many crashes happen now :)

Yeah thanks. I'm happy that the new version is so much better :)
I try to continue this development :)

Last edited:
Level 1
Buggy still - lego knight exploit sells for 75/100 gold- turns out you just got the sell values backwards for officer and knight. officer sells for 12 lol
. and creeps often get stuck between red/orange and teal/purp. I'll assume you input the wrong way point past the top players spot and thus you have no pathing towards yellow; naturally, they will get stuck.
- Random 600 was good idea. although I think you should just have the original randoms just upgrade into that final "random ii" tower. I think that would better serve because 75 gold is fine to waste on random towers but 300 is a bit much for something you may not want at all.

( I figured you'd say that but I mentioned it anyway )

I'm still playing; hoping you made some changes to the gamer shed.

( an additional upgrade for 40% more attackspeed. the immolation is cool but not as effective even in a well designed maze to bunch, maybe a large aoe or dps would make it much more effective. the cheater with fire only does 228 damage at the same cost of the tower - kinda pricey for the low dps. another idea was just making it a splash upgrade instead of immolation. multi shot I think you should add an additonal attack to make it 4. the rest seems fine to me unless you want to add/change the ice upgrade to a slow aura/freeze instead of single shot slow that proves not so useful. just some ideas of mine. )

Host designation seems to work even worse than last version. over all a good update .
i'll assume the last spell is 1200 xp idk i'm well over it but looked pretty cool though tornado still is your best on massive leaks of air--Unless the aoe on that air net spell was enormous then it might prove more effective than tornado.

( lower cool down it may be but still not as effective for a massive leak on gray :p again a bigger aoe would prove it to be better. as of now I'd still save up for tornado for any air level - very useful :D)

I think the damage aura upgrade doesn't upgrade the radius like it says. In fact I know it doesn't. Maxed upgrade is still 300 radius after adding "300" suposedly.
Does random race choice option include unlocked races?

Another caper idea. *L* "bouncing on the bed" Annoy the adults to the extent that they race up the stairs to stop you. the spell would relocate targeted adults in aoe to their spawn point.

So... what does sprint do? i don't know if my assumption of speeding up creeps is a good thing . heh

Last edited:
Level 8
Buggy still - lego knight exploit sells for 75/100 gold- turns out you just got the sell values backwards for officer and knight. officer sells for 12 lol
. and creeps often get stuck between red/orange and teal/purp. I'll assume you input the wrong way point past the top players spot and thus you have no pathing towards yellow; naturally, they will get stuck.

This was already mentioned few posts before ;)
However, thanks ;)

Random 600 was good idea. although I think you should just have the original randoms just upgrade into that final "random ii" tower. I think that would better serve because 75 gold is fine to waste on random towers but 300 is a bit much for something you may not want at all.

The second random tower should be random, too in order to fit the random tower concept. There need to be a risk when choosing a random tower but it is stronger than comparable towers of the same price. 300 Gold is not that much in later game and thats what the tower is designed for.

I'm still playing; hoping you made some changes to the gamer shed.

Some suggestions?

Host designation seems to work even worse than last version. over all a good update .

Wich kind o Host designation are you talking about?
The command wich I added in this version?

It's important to say the Host in a Kiga game doesn't depend on the actual person that hosts the game! The main reason for this is that there is no save way to detect the game host ingame.

i'll assume the last spell is 1200 xp idk i'm well over it but looked pretty cool though tornado still is your best on massive leaks of air--Unless the aoe on that air net spell was enormous then it might prove more effective than tornado.

Yeah you forgot about the lower Cooldown of the new spell compared to the tornado ;)

I think the damage aura upgrade doesn't upgrade the radius like it says. In fact I know it doesn't. Maxed upgrade is still 300 radius after adding "300" suposedly.

I will have a look at it ;)

Does random race choice option include unlocked races?

It includes all races you would normaly be able to choose from.

Another caper idea. *L* "bouncing on the bed" Annoy the adults to the extent that they race up the stairs to stop you. the spell would relocate targeted adults in aoe to their spawn point.

Hmm good idea ;)

Unfortunately I got problems with my PC that prevent me from working on kiga at the moment but they should be solved soon.

Added new spell for Book of Capers (Sprint; 1400 XP).
Increased the maximum movement speed (from 400 to 500).
Increased movement speed of lvl 7 and 8 a bit.
Fixed wrong amount of buildable Mopeds when Car Workshop Race is randomed.
Mopeds are now able to sell items.
Minor Changes.
Minor Bugfixes.

Dinah

Level 2
I may have to rescind my previous comment about how the map has improved its reputation for crashes. My initial impression was from playing multiple games without crashing MYSELF, however, I could not say the same for other players. It was only after playing a few more games that I became the victim (I mostly played as grey).

I recommend rebuilding the code from the ground up. It's a lot of work, though I've seen it vastly improve other maps. Monopoly TD mapmakers recently rebuilt their game code in full for version 1.1. That map had no problems to begin with, but after the fix, it seems much faster in the loadup screen and much faster between rounds as well. It has become not only more efficient in game, but the filesize has been reduced as well, helping to distribute the map more easily.

Maul structured maps have a history of crashing/splitting and it's a pity that a well made map like Kiga does too--so perhaps reworking everything away from that origin may solve everything.

Level 8
I may have to rescind my previous comment about how the map has improved its reputation for crashes. My initial impression was from playing multiple games without crashing MYSELF, however, I could not say the same for other players. It was only after playing a few more games that I became the victim (I mostly played as grey).

I recommend rebuilding the code from the ground up. It's a lot of work, though I've seen it vastly improve other maps. Monopoly TD mapmakers recently rebuilt their game code in full for version 1.1. That map had no problems to begin with, but after the fix, it seems much faster in the loadup screen and much faster between rounds as well. It has become not only more efficient in game, but the filesize has been reduced as well, helping to distribute the map more easily.

Maul structured maps have a history of crashing/splitting and it's a pity that a well made map like Kiga does too--so perhaps reworking everything away from that origin may solve everything.

I guess it's clear to you how much code Kiga consists of!
Additionally rewriting all the code does not mean that it will be much better afterwards. I don't think that the crashes have their roots in the maul code Kiga bases on because actually I had replaced or deleted these old codes. Nevertheless, I'm sure there are some inefficient triggers and leaks. In my opinion the best way would be to detect those triggers and optimize them instead of rewriting everything.
The filesize of Kiga increased, yes. This is mainly because of the custom loading screen and some UI changes. Of course it is disputable if that is realy needed. At the momment the filesize is nothing we really have to worry about, I think.
Due to so many people asking me to remove these fatal crashes I descided to have a close look at every trigger to optimize them. This is one of my main aims for 3.1. Firstly I gonna release 3.0b soon in order to fix the very annoying bug at orange and purple's position.

Level 1
I guess it's clear to you how much code Kiga consists of!
Additionally rewriting all the code does not mean that it will be much better afterwards. I don't think that the crashes have their roots in the maul code Kiga bases on because actually I had replaced or deleted these old codes. Nevertheless, I'm sure there are some inefficient triggers and leaks. In my opinion the best way would be to detect those triggers and optimize them instead of rewriting everything.
The filesize of Kiga increased, yes. This is mainly because of the custom loading screen and some UI changes. Of course it is disputable if that is realy needed. At the momment the filesize is nothing we really have to worry about, I think.
Due to so many people asking me to remove these fatal crashes I descided to have a close look at every trigger to optimize them. This is one of my main aims for 3.1. Firstly I gonna release 3.0b soon in order to fix the very annoying bug at orange and purple's position.

I'd also like to recommend fixing the point value of the Lego knight and the Lego Officer. It's and exploit every Lego player at some point during the game takes advantage of. I also want to offer some more fixes

- I am not certain but take a look to see if yu-gi-ho tower slows mechanicals.
- Pirate ship on the playground. I think a 50 gold price reduction is in order to pair up with other ultimate DPS . ALSO - pls remove the burning oil affect on the mechanicals - they are suppose to be immune to fire and slow and all magics.

- I still believe gamer shed needs a lower cost for upgrades. I know your debate against it, however, the ability gained doesn't warrant the high cost.

- I am glad you installed the assasin tower on gang. I was wondering if you'd add another upgrade/tower to it. I have enjoyed a movie series: the Bourne trilogy. In those movies the hitmen are called Assets. Perhapes you could include such a tower in the game. The assest could either be a sniper type tower with a 1% chance to 1000k additional damage or it could be a upgrade to the melee tower for an extensive speed upgrade on the attack emulating the Asset's fighting ability- or it could be a melee tower/140 range and not an upgrade.

- I agree the game still crashes - BUT i crash less. 3 people typically endure the game. but I am sure some leave on their own.. I am in full support of this game as I look for fixes to send to you.

Level 8
I'd also like to recommend fixing the point value of the Lego knight and the Lego Officer. It's and exploit every Lego player at some point during the game takes advantage of. I also want to offer some more fixes

Yeah in upcoming version, just very busy at the moment because of school ;)

I am not certain but take a look to see if yu-gi-ho tower slows mechanicals.

Hmm is doesn't slow them exactly as it should.

Pirate ship on the playground. I think a 50 gold price reduction is in order to pair up with other ultimate DPS . ALSO - pls remove the burning oil affect on the mechanicals - they are suppose to be immune to fire and slow and all magics.

Ah fixed the oil effect on mechanicals. Immunity to magics is not correct since Car Workshop and Library race are based on magical damage.

I still believe gamer shed needs a lower cost for upgrades. I know your debate against it, however, the ability gained doesn't warrant the high cost.

I still don't see a real reason for this. Let me explain:

The grafic cards upgrade gives you a 5x 20% Critical wich effectively is equal to 100% damage increase. Now you have the option to build 2 towers or upgrade one of them. The damage of both towers would be the same BUT upgrading it only needs 83% of the Gold you would have to afford for a second tower.

The New Memory upgrade gives 3x multiple attack, same as 200% damage increase (ok eg. in bosslevels it's not that effective). Now you have to pay 141% of the towers price for this upgrade. Again in comparison to build 3 towers you save 29.5% of the money.

Still think the upgrades don't worth their price?

I am glad you installed the assasin tower on gang. I was wondering if you'd add another upgrade/tower to it. I have enjoyed a movie series: the Bourne trilogy. In those movies the hitmen are called Assets. Perhapes you could include such a tower in the game. The assest could either be a sniper type tower with a 1% chance to 1000k additional damage or it could be a upgrade to the melee tower for an extensive speed upgrade on the attack emulating the Asset's fighting ability- or it could be a melee tower/140 range and not an upgrade.

Yes good idea it was planned that the tower gets an upgrade but till now I left it out. My translator doesn't give me a translation of 'Assets' that has any association with hitmen :D
Need a good name and a model (only ingame) for that tower.

I agree the game still crashes - BUT i crash less. 3 people typically endure the game. but I am sure some leave on their own.. I am in full support of this game as I look for fixes to send to you.

Very good :)
As I said: Tryin' to improve that.

Dinah

Level 1
Bugs playing with Library ?

Hi

Great work on this TD, one of the best ones out there for sure!

But I got a question - may be a bug?
Playing with the Library, where it states it requires manual casting, and they're default on Auto Cast: On (don't know what's right here?), they autocast fine for a while. But after like 20 levels, they stop autocasting, leaving me having to click the towers, click spell, and then click a mob. Autocasting works up to around lvl20 - gonna try some more to see exactly where it stops.

Is this known?

Level 8
Hi

Great work on this TD, one of the best ones out there for sure!

But I got a question - may be a bug?
Playing with the Library, where it states it requires manual casting, and they're default on Auto Cast: On (don't know what's right here?), they autocast fine for a while. But after like 20 levels, they stop autocasting, leaving me having to click the towers, click spell, and then click a mob. Autocasting works up to around lvl20 - gonna try some more to see exactly where it stops.

Is this known?

Thanks for positive feedback :)
Don't know about the bug you mentioned. Firstly let me explain why the Library description says it needs manual casting. Every Library tower has Auto cast enabled in the beginning and it will properly cast any spell but sometimes (especially with Gandalf) you can hit more adults when casting manually. Please try to reproduce that bug an send me replay and the map file if possible.

~Dinah

Level 1
gamer shed

Yeah in upcoming version, just very busy at the moment because of school ;)

Hmm is doesn't slow them exactly as it should.

Ah fixed the oil effect on mechanicals. Immunity to magics is not correct since Car Workshop and Library race are based on magical damage.

I still don't see a real reason for this. Let me explain:

The grafic cards upgrade gives you a 5x 20% Critical wich effectively is equal to 100% damage increase. Now you have the option to build 2 towers or upgrade one of them. The damage of both towers would be the same BUT upgrading it only needs 83% of the Gold you would have to afford for a second tower.

The New Memory upgrade gives 3x multiple attack, same as 200% damage increase (ok eg. in bosslevels it's not that effective). Now you have to pay 141% of the towers price for this upgrade. Again in comparison to build 3 towers you save 29.5% of the money.

Still think the upgrades don't worth their price?

I still don't believe it is. Compared to other races you don't get the same results. Example, your black windows costs 680 and does almost 1k damage a second. compared to a cheater with a tri attack upgrade you pay i'm sure arounud 1300. so do you think that's good? Two hannas cost 1400 but also she delivers a lot more dps . I feel it's way over priced regardless of your math you used to justify the cost. Maybe you could increase the speed by 10-15% or someting. It's just too expensive for the mediocre damage you get from it. i'd be happier with a attack speed upgrade on all the towers that might offset the pricetags, atm it's one of my least favorites to play - only other thing I can think of - maybe... is adding more to your current abilities, like - more crit , one more multi shot , a lil more dps on the fire upgrade, and maybe have the poison tower do a disease rather than a poison. the cold could use a small aoe. i'm just offering ideas. ATM it's too slow to be effective even wtih mixing up all the abilities.

Yes good idea it was planned that the tower gets an upgrade but till now I left it out. My translator doesn't give me a translation of 'Assets' that has any association with hitmen :D
Need a good name and a model (only ingame) for that tower.

Very good :)
As I said: Tryin' to improve that.

Dinah
good :)

Level 1
maybe a bug with car workshop and library

Hi
I don't know if these two bugs have already been mentioned, because i didn't read the whole thread.

The first thing are the non casting towers of the library, webola already complained about. I don't know since which lvl they stop to autocast, because i only have chosen the library as second race. I tested it two times and my friend also said, that they dont cast automaticly regardless of which tower and which casting option you chose.

The second bug is about the car workshop. I had it two times until now but I don't know how it is beeing activated so far. The explanation of it is really simple. If i buy a item at the workshop it doesen't come to my child but to one of my towers. If this happens, the items come to this tower until the end of the game. if the tower is full, i can't buy more items until i free a slot on it. So, it is really annoying if you want to buy and allocate weapons fast.

I dont't know much more about these bugs (if they really are bugs), but i will post again, if i have more information.

however, kindergarten is one of my favorite maps. thx for developing it ;-)

//EDIT
Sry sry... the second one i mentioned isn't really a bug. I was just to stupid to realize the Switch-Button of the workshop with wich you cam aim your child again as receiver of the items. Every time you sell an item directly from a mopped(or bigger tower), this moppet becomes the receiver of the item shop. Maybe you could improve this so that you child stays to be the receiver.

Last edited:
Level 1
I like this map

I finde 2 bug

1) If to play for Lego that it is possible cheat money on knights
To buy them for 16 and to sell for 75

2) On green and pink if to construct towers behind control points that creps will go there here

i am from Ukrain