• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

killer game (how to block maphack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Well, I thought of making a killer game.
However, things such as maphacker will spoil the game.

I spent days experimenting the maphacking tool (well, for advanced mapping purpose) and I concluded with these.
Maphackers can click on other people's unit to see their skill and easily know who is the killer. Even if I lock on camera onto the player's unit, he can simply zoom out his camera (hack feature) and click, or walk near the player's unit.

I know there's a way to prevent zooming out, there's one in Green TD Wipeout. But I would require a specific one.
Also, how do I prevent people from viewing other's skills?

Any expert? Thanks in advanced.

Level 19
you could test if the event "unit is selected by player" (or however it was called) is triggered when using maphack and then check if the unit should be visible or not
the boolean comparison if a unit is visible might return a wrong value but you can also check if there is a unit within viewing distance

also you can annoy maphackers by placing a very big model on the map which is only visible with maphack so every maphacker can't see anything as long as he's using a maphack

Level 5
you could test if the event "unit is selected by player" (or however it was called) is triggered when using maphack and then check if the unit should be visible or not
the boolean comparison if a unit is visible might return a wrong value but you can also check if there is a unit within viewing distance

also you can annoy maphackers by placing a very big model on the map which is only visible with maphack so every maphacker can't see anything as long as he's using a maphack

For the big model, I think it's a bad method. If this is the case, then the host would have to make a room full of legit players, else if everyone is a maphacker, the game would end within seconds after starting it

I don't get the first part, I'm trying to say that a hacker has an additional feature that can see other player's skill, whether it's cooldown-ed or not, etc... Playing a killer game, usually the killer would have a killing skill, so a hacker would know who's the killer easily. I want to block that out. Possible?

Level 7
But if there's a lot of maphacker in the game, the host would need to rehost again and again :vw_sad:

I think your over estimating the amount of people on battle.net that use Map Hack, i've been playing wc3 since it came out and never used a single hack, I also know alot of other people dont as I've seen them using vision based spells during a game, they wouldnt do this if they had map hack.

But anyway, I wouldnt worry about map hackers not being able to play, maybe it will discourage the minority of cheaters from using this hack.

Level 5
I think your over estimating the amount of people on battle.net that use Map Hack, i've been playing wc3 since it came out and never used a single hack, I also know alot of other people dont as I've seen them using vision based spells during a game, they wouldnt do this if they had map hack.

But anyway, I wouldnt worry about map hackers not being able to play, maybe it will discourage the minority of cheaters from using this hack.

Sorry, in case if we're in different worlds, I'm talking about Garena. Battle.net has better security, for Garena, there's a lot of maphackers everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.