• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kill Blinker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have made a map which is a normal ffa but there is a maze which you need to find the right spot to where you get ported into the enemies base and I want to kill heroes who attempt to Blink out of the maze and towards the enimies base. I am wondering how I kill units that try to Blink because blinking would deny the reason of the maze. :vw_wtf: (I will attach the Beta of my map when I'm finished. For now the attached is what I have done today).

Attachments

• Jeremy Map.w3n
    2.2 KB · Views: 46
Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 003
  • Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
      • Set PlayerGroup = (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))
      • Game - Display to PlayerGroup the text: |cffffcc00You can't blink here.|r
      • Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup)
Whis will prevent that.

Level 11
Are you sure with
  • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
is correct?
I thought it should be
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
?

No, because if the unit "starts the effect of an ability", it means that it has blinked already ;)

Level 2
Thank you very much.
I was surprised by how soon people have answered my question.
Btw. Would I just be able to just go: "Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)" and have the display?

Level 2
Wow. Other forums I've gone to take a while for someone to answer your question (most of these are WoW forums for private servers). Okok I get it now thanks Defskull for making that map.

I am wondering if anyone has the information for "Hero: Pimp Defence" because I am wanting to recreate the Pimp Defence using the same units, heroes, spells and items. Thank you very much.

And also I can't find: "SetPlayerGroup = (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))

Last edited:
Level 37
Zigzag said:
And also I can't find: "SetPlayerGroup = (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))

PlayerGroup is a player group variable, create it.

Then in actions, select "Set Variable". Then click on "Value", select "Convert Player to player group". Then click "Player 1(Red)" and select "owner of unit". Then select triggering unit.

But instead of that, you ould use this:
  • Set PlayerGroup = (Player group((Triggering player)))

I create this test map in a hurry, hope you test it !

You shouldn't use a variable in the kill trigger.

In the revive trigger, use triggering unit...and it leaks.

Last edited:
Level 2
Maker you are just full of information. How long have you been making maps for diferent games? I'm thinking about starting to try and make a game on Python.

Also when I press "Value" in the "Function" drop down bar there isn't a "Convert Player to Player group".
Sorry if this is very obvious.

Last edited:
Maker you are just full of information. How long have you been making maps for diferent games? I'm thinking about starting to try and make a game on Python.

Also when I press "Value" in the "Function" drop down bar there isn't a "Convert Player to Player group".
Sorry if this is very obvious.

Maker made a typo; it's not a unit group, it's a player group variable.

Level 2
Post #9
Well, I said I'm making that map in a hurry (got some urgent problems) so I DID NOT CHECK ANY leaks or whatsoever
I just want to present the triggers idea

I just coppied and pasted the actions of Defskull's map into the actions on my trigger. Is that okay or do I have to change anything in it?

Last edited:
Level 33
Just add this to Revive trigger

• Revive
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set RevivePosition = (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at RevivePosition, Show revival graphics
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_RevivePosition)
RevivePosition is Point-type variable.

Level 2
I didn't use the revive trigger because this map is a normal type but coppied the killing of the blinker, the text that appears and the unit group stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.