• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KeyEvent during Cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone. You probably already figured out my question :D Is it possible to register a key event during cinematic? A pretty simple question, yet help would be much appreciated :)

Level 9
Well, as far as I know, the only key events that are registered are Esc (Player - Cinematic Skipped event) and arrow keys (Player - Keyboard Event). You could have a trigger for these events and then turn a boolean variable on, when they are pressed. Then you can check in another trigger if the variable is true or false.

Alternatively you could have a unit with a custom ability with a certain hotkey, but that will require the unit to be selected by the player.

Level 1
Thanks for the replies guys, as far as im aware the PTR editor could mess up the map, or at least the map made with PTR would be unplayable outside PTR. I will try the method mentioned by Sabe, if that doesn't work i guess i'll focus on terraining for a little while, until the patch is officially launched.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.