• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Keyboard manual attack (and defense) system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, i'm working on a map where you only control one unit, it will have a third person camera and arrow key movement, there are a lot of systems like these ready to download and implement, so far so good, but when it comes to a keyboard combat system, i haven't been able to find anything, i did however play Rufus' "Warden" custom campaign, and it has exactly what i need, you press a key, the character plays it's attack animation, and damage is dealt within a short range in front of the character, then there's also a map i played which i cant remember the name, where you controlled a footman in third person, and one key allowed you to defend with your shield, making you invulnerable to attacks coming from the front, but it also made you walk slower and unable to attack.

If there is already a system like this somewhere, i'd appreciate a link, otherwise i could use some instructions to create one, but please bear in mind that i am a rookie map maker with only basic GUI triggering knowledge.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.