• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Keeping Aggro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
My Question is simple. How do I, a Crusader, hold aggro when this berserker is doing more than 400dps on the boss? And hes not using his skills... also hes only a one handed berserker...

Level 3
u can use your mad skillz xD
also cruz have leadership talents(epic taunt)
also u can be cheater xD and do 400dps too xD

Level 3
My Question is simple. How do I, a Crusader, hold aggro when this berserker is doing more than 400dps on the boss? And hes not using his skills... also hes only a one handed berserker...

it's easy ~using super spell - Guardian Angel on him......:ogre_haosis:

Level 1
Most of the time (with a couple exceptions) a crusader wants to charge the boss first and build up agro before other melee attackers join. Guardian Angel further helps with that but the timing differs depending on the boss.

Level 2
1h zerk doing over 400dps? Please, let's be serious.

As for keeping aggro, heroic presence + crucify + guardian angel will do the job.

Level 5
Ok lets be more specific. One handed zerk with a shield (cause he was dying too fast), doing an average 450dps (cause he know what he was doing). I was at the time a full leadership crusader with guardian angel, taunt, heroic presence and crucify. Doing an average 100dps... not counting abilites. When taunt and gaurdian angel were on cd for those seconds, he easily pulled off me. Even when i engaged first and got a good combo of skills off before he finally engaged. The fact that he was able to pull off of me so easily is what im questioning. And after doing all the number crunching, i concluded one thing. He as a berserker actually did dmg. he actually was fullfilling his role and did dps. the mere fact that everyone else hardly does dmg, makes crusader abilities legit in action. but compared to that of high dps (constant high dps not just ability burst dmg), he was able to pull aggro because of that.
And since crusaders cant do much dps cause they need more tanking capability. Makes crusaders very well useless in holding aggro compared to high dps sustainers.
So, seeing your guys' replies. I must say, you dont know what you are talking about.

Level 3
So. You have 6 sec taunt with 10 sec cd, u have GA, u have heroic.
Whats wrong?) and 2nd question^ on which boss 1h zerk does 450 dps O_O???
or mb he cheater?)

Level 3
Ok lets be more specific. One handed zerk with a shield (cause he was dying too fast), doing an average 450dps (cause he know what he was doing)

1.png <---click it for hero and boss data

I did some tests , the results as below :
if any wrong , please correct me

A.
My one-hand zerk (with talent Vigor)
Attack power (with full berserker Rage) => 62+114= 176
Str = 59 + 34 = 93
Critical Damage (attack) =176%

B.
Revenge(physical)= atp*5 =176*5=880
Cirt => 880*176%=1549
Hateful Stike(physical)= atp*1.5=176*1.5 =264
Crit => 264*176%= 465
Shield Slam(physical)=str*2 = 93*2 =186
Crit => 186*176% =327
Gaping wound(physical)= atp*(0.5+2) = 176*2.5 =440
Crit=> 440*176%=774

C.
my dps on HG::ogre_rage:
Normal attack:176 - 75(hg's armor) +51(arp) =152
Cirt: 152*176%=275

my dps on Gazrow::ogre_icwydt:
Normal attack: 176 - 65(gaz's armor) +51(arp) =162
Cirt: 162*176% =285

D.
let me calculate :
Critical Damage (attack)
= 1.5 +[ Str / (base str) - 1 ]*0.15
= 1.5 + [93/(59) - 1 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + [1.57 - 1 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + [0.57 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + 0.085
= 1.585 (what ? do i calculate wrong!?)

OR

= 1.5 + [93/(59 - 1) ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + [ 1.6 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + 0.24
= 1.74 ( still not the answer 1.76)

Last edited:
Level 1
Ok lets be more specific. One handed zerk with a shield (cause he was dying too fast), doing an average 450dps (cause he know what he was doing). I was at the time a full leadership crusader with guardian angel, taunt, heroic presence and crucify. Doing an average 100dps... not counting abilites. When taunt and gaurdian angel were on cd for those seconds, he easily pulled off me. Even when i engaged first and got a good combo of skills off before he finally engaged. The fact that he was able to pull off of me so easily is what im questioning. And after doing all the number crunching, i concluded one thing. He as a berserker actually did dmg. he actually was fullfilling his role and did dps. the mere fact that everyone else hardly does dmg, makes crusader abilities legit in action. but compared to that of high dps (constant high dps not just ability burst dmg), he was able to pull aggro because of that.
And since crusaders cant do much dps cause they need more tanking capability. Makes crusaders very well useless in holding aggro compared to high dps sustainers.
So, seeing your guys' replies. I must say, you dont know what you are talking about.

Leadership Crusader? Tell me you at least re-stat to full int + celestial zeal. 2 hand berserk will generate more threat than any crusader true, but if 1 hand one did that... you don't know what you're doing, sorry. Leadership talent is trash compared to Virtue and it's not a matter of opinion.

While we're at it, let's talk about how bad 1 hand Berserkers are. Sure you can play your characters however you want, more power to you if you want to be special, but you won't be able to use 2 of your best spells. Assuming they went Vigor talent, they will get some bonuses to tanking and damage. In comparison at the start of the fight a Virtue Crusader will have more damage, more hit points and skill cooldown reset while berserker will have... more evasion. Lol. Sure Berseker Rage will eventually make him deal more pure damage, but it's not enough to generate more threat than 2 consecutive Crucify/Revenge/Guardian Angel.

Nice troll though. ^_^

Level 2

My sader holds aggro at bosses just fine. Maybe you should use your spells properly and tell that zerk not to activate heroic presence.

And if he wasn't using heroic presence... that means you lost aggro to a 1h zerk with a shield. Queue the laughter.

Level 3
My sader holds aggro at bosses just fine. Maybe you should use your spells properly and tell that zerk not to activate heroic presence.

And if he wasn't using heroic presence... that means you lost aggro to a 1h zerk with a shield. Queue the laughter.

If i were a dps , doing dps w/o getting aggro is the best situation for me,
w/o enduring dmg from boss~
doing dps happily~

In in the same case,
Assassin has 'into the shade' 'blurrded motion'
Hunter has 'barded arrow'
Bishop has 'Plane shift'
to avoid aggro.

So, it is stupid a zerk using heroic presence with a super crusader :ogre_icwydt:

Level 5
View attachment 130517 <---click it for hero and boss data

I did some tests , the results as below :
if any wrong , please correct me

A.
My one-hand zerk (with talent Vigor)
Attack power (with full berserker Rage) => 62+114= 176
Str = 59 + 34 = 93
Critical Damage (attack) =176%

B.
Revenge(physical)= atp*5 =176*5=880
Cirt => 880*176%=1549
Hateful Stike(physical)= atp*1.5=176*1.5 =264
Crit => 264*176%= 465
Shield Slam(physical)=str*2 = 93*2 =186
Crit => 186*176% =327
Gaping wound(physical)= atp*(0.5+2) = 176*2.5 =440
Crit=> 440*176%=774

C.
my dps on HG::ogre_rage:
Normal attack:176 - 75(hg's armor) +51(arp) =152
Cirt: 152*176%=275

my dps on Gazrow::ogre_icwydt:
Normal attack: 176 - 65(gaz's armor) +51(arp) =162
Cirt: 162*176% =285

D.
let me calculate :
Critical Damage (attack)
= 1.5 + [93/(59) - 1 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + [1.57 - 1 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + [0.57 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + 0.085
= 1.585 (what ? do i calculate wrong!?)

OR

= 1.5 + [93/(59 - 1) ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + [ 1.6 ] * 0.15
= 1.5 + 0.24
= 1.74 ( still not the answer 1.76)

you have too much stats in strength. this serker was more agility. had faster attack speed. more hits in the sec so dps was naturally higher. oh and your math is wrong. the base stat strength is not 59. it is another calculated number that scales(increases) off of your lvl. thats why it is wrong. thats the main problem if anything.

Level 5
Leadership Crusader? Tell me you at least re-stat to full int + celestial zeal. 2 hand berserk will generate more threat than any crusader true, but if 1 hand one did that... you don't know what you're doing, sorry. Leadership talent is trash compared to Virtue and it's not a matter of opinion.

While we're at it, let's talk about how bad 1 hand Berserkers are. Sure you can play your characters however you want, more power to you if you want to be special, but you won't be able to use 2 of your best spells. Assuming they went Vigor talent, they will get some bonuses to tanking and damage. In comparison at the start of the fight a Virtue Crusader will have more damage, more hit points and skill cooldown reset while berserker will have... more evasion. Lol. Sure Berseker Rage will eventually make him deal more pure damage, but it's not enough to generate more threat than 2 consecutive Crucify/Revenge/Guardian Angel.

Nice troll though. ^_^

And you sir are stupid. I respec into a leadership sader for the sole purpose of holding aggro for this guy but to no avail. he was just doing alot of dmg, and since he was attacking faster and stronger than i ever could he will pull off of me. and im talking about every boss. with the exceptions of the ones where he took out the mobs and he was mainly aoeing.

Level 5

and maybe you should realise how dumb you are if you havent already. queue the laughter.

Level 1
And you sir are stupid. I respec into a leadership sader for the sole purpose of holding aggro for this guy but to no avail. he was just doing alot of dmg, and since he was attacking faster and stronger than i ever could he will pull off of me. and im talking about every boss. with the exceptions of the ones where he took out the mobs and he was mainly aoeing.

And it doesn't work, what a shocker. That's why leadership talent is shit and you experienced it yourself first-hand. Perhaps you should just make a different char, like a monk who can generate more threat than any berserker though knowing how incompetent you are he might "steal" it as well. But please by all means insist it is us who are wrong and provide us with a replay of this 1 hand berserker. No? Thought so.

Level 2
with the exceptions of the ones where he took out the mobs and he was mainly aoeing.

1h zerk doesn't do any aoe damage. Contradict yourself much?

All I'm seeing here is you disregarding everyone's points and just calling them "dumb" or "stupid". If you're such a know-it-all, why even ask for advice in the first place? Just keep on playing your leadership sader that loses aggro to every dps class in the game. Rock on!

Level 3
its really one hand with a trophy doing 400 dps (basic attack ) no skill used what so ever I have 2 hand with needed. I don't think anyone would be able to hold agro when im around. tomuch and I 2 man shades /D3 / HG / Gasrow. 1 hand plus trophy 400 dps with basic attacks and when using skill I shoot up to 800-900 depending on crit spells. with my 2 hand spec aoe damge not single target i can get up to 600 dps and with heaven skill i don't have lighting blade i can hit up to 2000dps but that's a skill. so its pretty hard to be a tank when i am attacking. we 2 man every boss but garg and brood dude to the fact its a 2 man. as seeing how exoe says leader ship talent sucks we imagine virtue talent. now noobcakes if you know how agro works ok. by doing damage you can see at the top right corner your threat generation ok.

and the replay must be made

Level 5
And it doesn't work, what a shocker. That's why leadership talent is shit and you experienced it yourself first-hand. Perhaps you should just make a different char, like a monk who can generate more threat than any berserker though knowing how incompetent you are he might "steal" it as well. But please by all means insist it is us who are wrong and provide us with a replay of this 1 hand berserker. No? Thought so.

You truly are stupid. Why say No and believe that i wont? Dont beleive your own lies. I tested it out dude. i respeced multiple times, and virtue is the best spec to go. and im not lying about his dps and his aggro. how bout you read more about game mechanics and then come back with the knowledge that you need before you say anything else.

And my bad noobcake for forgetting about that detail. But noobs like you dont realise that there are guys that can switch weps in battle and do other abilities for the sake of aoe. And i disregard your guys points because i know what im talking about, but yet you dont.

Level 2
I am truly sorry for ever going against TooMuch's word. He is clearly a God at Gaia's Retaliation. He duos Shade, D3, HG and Alch with his zerk friend! That's like, unbelievable! Let's all bow down to the best player Gaia has ever seen. TooMuch, we salute you. You are our inspiration.

PS: This post was clearly not sarcasm.
PPS: Not like it's possible to solo Shade, HG and Alch. Or duo BM.

Level 3
I am truly sorry for ever going against TooMuch's word. He is clearly a God at Gaia's Retaliation. He duos Shade, D3, HG and Alch with his zerk friend! That's like, unbelievable! Let's all bow down to the best player Gaia has ever seen. TooMuch, we salute you. You are our inspiration.

PS: This post was clearly not sarcasm.
PPS: Not like it's possible to solo Shade, HG and Alch. Or duo BM.
PS: This post was clearly not sarcasm . lmfao

im glad you understand you feeble position. your name also explains the rest.

PPS: Not like it's possible to solo Shade, HG and Alch. Or duo BM. ??????? does this even make since?

Level 5
For Christ's sake, someone please close this gonna-be endless thread. I myself play a Virtue Crusader, and have no problem in tanking and holding aggro against Berserkers, Assassins, etc. Game mechanics work perfectly well.

TooMuch, it's your word against the whole community's opinion as regards aggro holding and spell CD management. There is obviously something you're doing wrong. I would be pleased if this thread could at least see a replay in which you can't hold aggro on a boss fight, and consecuently, bring this thread to an end.

Level 5
For Christ's sake, someone please close this gonna-be endless thread. I myself play a Virtue Crusader, and have no problem in tanking and holding aggro against Berserkers, Assassins, etc. Game mechanics work perfectly well.

TooMuch, it's your word against the whole community's opinion as regards aggro holding and spell CD management. There is obviously something you're doing wrong. I would be pleased if this thread could at least see a replay in which you can't hold aggro on a boss fight, and consecuently, bring this thread to an end.

Im not doing anything wrong. I see the cds and spell combo involved. my main point im trying to make is why is it harder to hold aggro against some damage dealer that is actually doing alot of dmg? i mean, whats the point of the leadership spec anyways if everyone thinks it sucks?

why not incraese threat generation on damage dealers, so that the leaderships spec will actually be worthwhile. if in those other guys words, "the leadership talent is shit"

come on, you guys think you know what you are doing. but you all think one way about build and specs. So whats the point of variety if the other selections suck overall? thats what i call patheticness. im done now with this thread, but be warned. im not done proving you guys wrong, and showing you your stupidity. :D

Level 1
Im not doing anything wrong. I see the cds and spell combo involved. my main point im trying to make is why is it harder to hold aggro against some damage dealer that is actually doing alot of dmg? i mean, whats the point of the leadership spec anyways if everyone thinks it sucks?

why not incraese threat generation on damage dealers, so that the leaderships spec will actually be worthwhile. if in those other guys words, "the leadership talent is shit"

come on, you guys think you know what you are doing. but you all think one way about build and specs. So whats the point of variety if the other selections suck overall? thats what i call patheticness. im done now with this thread, but be warned. im not done proving you guys wrong, and showing you your stupidity. :D

You haven't shown us anything yet. I'm not impressed that you managed to solo shade or hg or duod alch and bm (oh please show me how you duod bm with 1hand zerk), plenty of other people have done it before and were far more efficient. As far as talent builds go, there are other choices, always: lorekeeper vs minstrel on bard, preservation vs growth on druid etc. Point is you went a "unique" build and are arguing that it's somehow superior to others (lol@switching weapons midway combat) cause the guy is both tanking and dealing damage. You do know that a 2hand zerk can also tank, right?

And again, give us a replay or do you want someone else load their char, respec into vigor and prove that what you're saying is bullshit. Like what unifreshman just did lmao. Sure his math isn't flawless but it still shows that 400-450 is pretty far-fetched.

Level 3
its really one hand with a trophy doing 400 dps (basic attack ) no skill used what so ever I have 2 hand with needed.

Excuse me , i cant still find out how to do basic attack 400 +

1.png

1-hand zerk with Harpy Head :ogre_rage:
Crit damage (attack) =174%
ATP (with full berserker rage) = 62+ 108 = 170
Crit = ATP * 174% = 170 * 174% = 296

dps on HG
ATP - HG's armor + My ARP = 170 - 75 + 60 = 155
Crit - HG's armor + My ARP = 296 - 75 + 60 = 281

1-hand zerk with Alpha Wolf :ogre_icwydt:
Crti damage (attack) = 177%
ATP (with full berserker rage) = 62+116 = 178
Crit = ATP * 174% = 178 * 174% = 315

dps on HG
ATP - HG's armor + My ARP = 178 - 75 + 52 = 155
Crit - HG's armor + My ARP = 315 - 75 + 52 = 292

Level 5
Please, before you take leave, would you be so kind of handing us a replay where this Berserker is able to right-click 400dps? That'll make sense and would close unifreshman's equation.

Level 5
here is just basic attack no skills used

This is hilarious. Why can't you just upload a replay so we can truly see that dps you just posted on a pic (which incidentally has all the Berserker's stats covered in red). Plus it's from Dungeon 3 waves, a single AoE on those creeps will boost your dps like hell for the sole reason you're dps-ing more than one unit. Let us see a boss fight replay where that Berserker can do more than 400 dps just by right clicking the boss.

Level 3
dps

does it look like I was aoeing eh? I don't want to show you my stats because I don't want you to see them and you are pretty stupid you stupidity is above normal that bad!

Level 5
Berserker's rage isn't even activated? Lmao. You're either delusional or think the rest of us are as stupid as that poor soul who made this thread.

You poor delusional fool. Stop decieving yourself. you beleive that only your way works. He obviuosly redded out his stats so that you cant copy them. He wants his unique build to himself. also, none of his abilites have been used. So how could he aoe when he never used it? he doesnt even have lightning blade? and if this dps was on d3 heroic creeps. than how much of a difference would it be on a world boss? minusing 50 or more dmg because of armor, prolly down to 350-400 dps.

The real trick is that more dmg, hence berserkers rage, doesnt necesarily mean more dps. you need fast attack as well. and well, this guy pretty much has a fast attack to accomadate his base dmg. have you ever thought of that? or have you liked a dumb fool i know that you are, just looked at the dmg and considered nothing else.

im surprised at how stupid you are. so very stupid...

Level 1
You poor delusional fool. Stop decieving yourself. you beleive that only your way works. He obviuosly redded out his stats so that you cant copy them. He wants his unique build to himself. also, none of his abilites have been used. So how could he aoe when he never used it? he doesnt even have lightning blade? and if this dps was on d3 heroic creeps. than how much of a difference would it be on a world boss? minusing 50 or more dmg because of armor, prolly down to 350-400 dps.

The real trick is that more dmg, hence berserkers rage, doesnt necesarily mean more dps. you need fast attack as well. and well, this guy pretty much has a fast attack to accomadate his base dmg. have you ever thought of that? or have you liked a dumb fool i know that you are, just looked at the dmg and considered nothing else.

im surprised at how stupid you are. so very stupid...

Oh you're a special snowflake, I see.

1. You have yet to provide a replay.
2. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and hiding your stats further lowers your credibility.
3. You won't magically gain 100-150 more dps just by putting a few more points into agility.

1 agility point equals to 2% attack speed increase from base att.sp.. Seeing as this zerk only has ~400 hp (bullshit that you tank with this) we can safely assume you put shitload of points into agility, if not all of them and spare to str. Dps means damage per second, you understand that much right? And you do know that berserker's rage also increases attack speed not just damage? You would need >190 damage and 0.4s attack speed to reach 400dps on hg and in his picture he has nearly 600dps without rage? l o l.

Hey, maybe you're not lying! Maybe you're exploiting some obscure bug that enhances your attack speed/damage in some weird way, wouldn't be the first time.

Level 5
Oh you're a special snowflake, I see.

1. You have yet to provide a replay.
2. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and hiding your stats further lowers your credibility.
3. You won't magically gain 100-150 more dps just by putting a few more points into agility.

1 agility point equals to 2% attack speed increase from base att.sp.. Seeing as this zerk only has ~400 hp (bullshit that you tank with this) we can safely assume you put shitload of points into agility, if not all of them and spare to str. Dps means damage per second, you understand that much right? And you do know that berserker's rage also increases attack speed not just damage? You would need >190 damage and 0.4s attack speed to reach 400dps on hg and in his picture he has nearly 600dps without rage? l o l.

Hey, maybe you're not lying! Maybe you're exploiting some obscure bug that enhances your attack speed/damage in some weird way, wouldn't be the first time.

oh i see now. you are very stupid. you have to remember a little thing called crit. but ofc you dont account that. but yet crit allows many things to be. like proving how stupid you are. also, remember this. "Assumption is the mother of all fuckups!" -Undersiege Dark Territory.

Level 1
oh i see now. you are very stupid. you have to remember a little thing called crit. but ofc you dont account that. but yet crit allows many things to be. like proving how stupid you are. also, remember this. "Assumption is the mother of all fuckups!" -Undersiege Dark Territory.

Disregard 90% of the post, nitpick 1 part lol. Even if you account for crits it still doesn't push you towards ~400 average dps much less to 600. Honestly cut your bullshit none of us are having it, go enjoy your special ed. classes.

Also shitty quote from a shitty movie. ^^

Level 5
Disregard 90% of the post, nitpick 1 part lol. Even if you account for crits it still doesn't push you towards ~400 average dps much less to 600. Honestly cut your bullshit none of us are having it, go enjoy your special ed. classes.

Also shitty quote from a shitty movie. ^^

LOL truly your stupidity is beyond average. You should go swim in your own bullshit for awhile. Oh wait you already do. Haha, your fucking stupidity is hilarious! reply with another post please. its funny as hell.

Managing threat when playing a berserker as a pure damage dealer is part of the class concept. This is why berserker is almost the only main damage dealer class that got no ability to control or reduce threat. This is also why berserker rage has the drawback of increasing damage received and why berserker armors (at least those that are clearly for the purpose of increasing the damage output like having Str and Agi and crit on a single piece) usually have no or low additional HP on them.

If you want to unleash the true potential DPS of the berserker class (which is probably the highest sustainable DPS of all available classes), you can have a much easier time with certain buff classes hanging around (did someone say song of peace?).

Level 4
i deleted it. invalid. commenting at incorrect ss.

sorry littletim =( i thought u doing 400 dps++ with a 700 hp zerk.
and when i come back here to view this thread, apparently its unifreshman's zerk >_<
i thought he was jst quoting ur ss.

and then i looked at ur ss, ur hp is 400.
guess i need to take my word back, thats jst like a typical frustated zerk experiment.

i havent log on and try it myself how good it is,
but i dont think u can manage to duo with that kinda low hp, even hill giant's boulder skill alrdy a big trouble. garg and brood surely untouchable. for gazrow, still able though if you do it very carefully. but then, the tank is on leadership talent, so i guess its still a no for gazrow.

Last edited:
Level 1
Ok, from what I got from this thread is that toomuch and littletim need to calm down a little bit and ask someone who knows how to play a crusader to demonstrate to them how to hold aggro with it. Now I only played a crusader in older versions (before even shade was added) till I lost my code (not unusual for me), so I can't tell you how to use a crusader now (including the new updates and stuff), so I would advise you listen to the people who know how to play it.

The reason I'm saying this is because you said a one handed berserker was dealing 400 dps on a boss. I have a berserker and I can tell you that I deal about 180 dps against gazrow with hand of doom, harpy head, Viking armor, that contestant helmet and golden band of slashing ring (i get about +38 agi) so you can tell I have pretty good attack speed and fair dps. Now with berserker's rage I deal around 215 dps to him. Now the only thing I can't understand is how you came up with 400 dps, even with vigor (plus if that zerk has heroic presence on i don't know why you even made this thread), even in the image you provided he's dealing 254 dps to d3 creeps! And correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure those are crits. So I really can't trust your words when evidence is clearly pointing the other way.

Also, with all my dps and attack speed (rage included) all the crusaders I've played with so far have been able to hold aggro. So I'd suggest you stop insulting people and try to find out what you could be doing wrong and ask someone who knows this stuff to help you.

P.S. Sorry I didn't include all the calculating stuff cause I have no idea how that works :p

Last edited:
Level 3
TooMuch - epic trolling gaias community xD
Already eat all popcorn
continue right there criminal scum

Status
Not open for further replies.