• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kathmaral Saga, The Journey

217842-085c96c4e2c95d35d074b57a6e7503c5.png

Created by Trycex and Nubelial

BACKGROUND
Despite a century of peace, the conflict rise again in the continent on Nimaru, to prevent bloodshed and destroy their beloved lands,
the orc go to self-exile, guide by the Sage Mogul and his champions.The Orcs from the Forest of Garabolg and from the Kingdom of
Valorian must overcome their difference and work together to find a new land that could call home,
but what could be a simple task maybe decide the fate of everything.

FEATURES
  • Play through the first story arc of Kathmaral, 5 Chapters and 2 cinematics.
  • Use the new heroes of the orc race to overcome many challenge.
  • Choose your faction! After chapter 1 you will decide to play with the powerful and mystic orcs from Garabolg or the brave and discipline orcs from Valorian.
  • Pick your difficulty, normal to experience the story with moderate challenge or hard to test your skills.
  • Item system! Find the loot from Kathmaral and combine them to create even more powerful items to your heroes!
CHAMPIONS OF THE ORCS

1630968806373-png.386697

Marak, The Stone Warden
The strongest Spirit caller from his generation and one of the disciple of the Sage Mognul, Marak is a powerful warrior who command the earth and spirit magic to support his allies or destroy his enemies. Despite his recently stubbornness and reckless Marak assure that he will help his people... No matter the cost.

1625066529330-png.382544

Sahrena, The Chieftain
The chieftain of the Goldenbreeze clan, one of the clans from the Garabolg Forest who joined to the Sage, Sahrena is a powerful sorceress who command the sand and wind. By her perseverance and her willingness to cooperate with the valorian orcs, the High chieftain give her the authority to represent the Garabolg orcs with their alliance with the Valorian cousins in the seek of a new land for her people.

1625067981285-png.382550

Kajiro, The Lord
The adopted son of the Valorian King, Kajiro trained since young age, to learned about the art of war, duty and swordsmanship from the best of the kingdom, skills that allowed him to become in a leader. After help to defeat a dangerous clan of renegade orcs, was name by the Sage himself as "Friend of temple”. He was the natural choice by Valorian leaders to support their allies in the self exile. Despite his best intentions a few orcs mistrust of him do his pass with the humans.

1626022506191-png.383557

Nezli, The Engineer
The eccentric leader of a small goblin fleet and captain of the Wavecrusher a massive capital ship a renowned inventor do the creation of new technology and improve the old ones. By chance of fate he ended with problems with the human kingdom of Occenaris and was captured but later was saved by a powerful orc champion. Since that day Nezli join to the orc's cause, allow them aboard their capital ship and travel to the dangerous sea of the north. Despite that many considered this a madness, others see this as an opportunity, to Nezli is both.

SCREENSHOTS AND MEDIA

ABOUT ITEMS TIER 3
Finding any of the basic objects and combining them will depend on the luck in obtaining an item "tier 2"
Tier 2 items are found on the diagonals of the heptagon, making a total of 21 without repetition.
Only 7 of those 21 items can be used for the ceremonial scroll, thus fulfilling the instructions of the natives.
1651282495693-png.398866

1651282600608-png.398867

To obtain a powerful mystical item from the natives, it is enough to have:
-1 of the 7 tier 2 items
-wendigo skin or wendigo horn
-ceremonial scroll

1651282844326-png.398869

Due to the randomness in obtaining skin or horn, there is a combination for each.
There are a total of 14 mystical objects, each with supernatural powers used by the natives for generations. I will not detail the effects or descriptions because each story is different, I wish you luck adventurers.

1651282969293-png.398870

1651283045257-png.398871

CHANGELOG
Initial Release
Fixed campaign buttons
Fixed hero duplication in chapter 2
Change the victory condition to phase 1 of chapter 2(Destroy everything in the cave)
Fixed some minor stuff
Fixed the bugs with the scroll and shops in chapter 3 and 4
Fixed capital letters in the name of units
Fixed some text
Added small hints
Added new special effect with auras
Rebalanced some units and spells
Fix the food cost of Sahrena
Add a better description ingame of How create tier3 items.
Increased slightly the time when the AI start to attack in chapter 4.
Moved some complemends in the allied base in chapter 4.
Eliminated some data from really old versions of the campaign.

KNOWN ISSUES
-After load the game in chapter 4 there is a small bug that put the screen dark, but it fix itself after a few seconds.

CREDITS
(MODELS, SKINS, ICONS, ETC)

Tarrasque
Rizz_Boomer
Alok
The Weird Human
Ujimasa Hojo
skymarshall
Rondo
Tranquil
GrimShaman
Forgotten_Warlord
Mr. Bob
Mister_Haudrauf
supertoinkz
HerrDave
by Ket
JetFangInferno
kellym0
Ergius
Syroco
Vinz
PROXY
Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)
Blizzard

Everything else Nubelial or Trycex

If I forget give credit to someone else please forgive me and contact me to add you.

SPECIAL THANKS TO
To Blizzard to create one of my favorite games.
To most of the campaign creators who inspired me to create one.
To anyone who plays and enjoy our work.
To the the old and small hispanic community of World Of Editors where I learned most of my knowledge in Worldedit.
To everyone who tested the campaign and give us feedback.
To the the user Cleavinghammer who help us alot in the translation.
To my good and loyal friend Nubelial, without him create this campaign won't be possible.

AUTHOR 'S WORDS
I don't gonna lie, despite our year of experience in the war3 worldedit this is the first time that we focus in create something important (or at least interesting) to the war3 community, I really hope that you enjoy the first arc of "Kathmaral Saga, The Journey", We has some many ideas but we couldn't make them(for now). Maybe in the future we will end this story after all, there is some many to tell. But now, we will focus in a new project with the experience gained doing this campaign. -Trycex

Capturing the imagination, the stories, the images, the characters that one creates in their free time just for fun is incredible, but when you do it with a friend in a video game like warcraft 3, the possibilities become so great that they became overwhelming, this first arch, although short, was made with much appreciation and affection.
there were many discussions and changes, we decided to start with the orcs in the far cold lands of the north because they are the least inhabited and the mission is quite simple for the old Mognul, but the more we explored the more we realized that we were really accompanying the old orc in his mission. The first arc pretty much reflects how "our characters" would have actually acted on the epic quest to the north.
I hope you enjoy playing it the same way we enjoyed recreating it in wc3, one of many stories - Nube

Do not hesitate to report any bug, observations, etc.
Please do not edit or do anything else with the campaign unless we tell you otherwise.
Contents

Kathmaral Saga, The Journey (Campaign)

Reviews
Finally made it work out. :D I like the slightly modified UI. The race overall has nice units and each cool abilities. Took me some minutes to actually spot the entrance of that cave in the first chapter xD. I love how you combined doodads and made...

What is your favorite faction?

• Garabolg

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Valorian

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Level 12
Starting chapter 2 I have control of all 3 heroes and marak
Can you explain more? Can you control 4 heroes?
When quitting to mission select only prologue and chapter 1 where only available
Fixed!

My sincere apologies to anybody who played and that bug was there.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hi Trycex, I've also played and yeah that is exactly the case. During starting cinematic it looks like hereos spawn twice? and our main guys go run and talk while other trio of duplicates just wait there.

Map looks good tho so please fix it because I'd love to finish it :D <3
:O
That never happen before, which version do you use?

Sadly I can't fix it ATM, but I will check it and try to guess was happen. :con:

Level 8
Welcome fighters, here Nubelial co-author of The Journey
My unconscious partner buffed the garabolg faction :thumbs_down:, at the beginning of chapter 2 there will be duplicate heroes and chapter 2 will be blocked.

I just uploaded version 1.2 with the bug fixed, you can now continue with your adventure
Sometimes you just notice which faction is the favorite of each author haha.
Keep fighting!

Last edited:
Level 3
Hey and congrats ! I just started it but it seems very nice.
I'm stuck at chapter 2 though. I picked the valorians, explored what I could, went into the cave and killed the big golem at the end of it but nothing happened.
I assume some kind of trigger should have occured right ?
As we're "investigating odd energies" as a quest and Marak says that golem is the cause of it ?
I resorted to ISEEDEADPEOPLE but nothing else seems to be needed in the area I'm stuck in.

Edit : Well I restarted with the other faction and it worked this time

Last edited:
Level 5
Just completed the campaign.
To be honest I LOVED IT and really look forward to the next parts of this saga.
I encountered no bug whatsoever (played on 1.31), of course there were some grammatical errors and I suggest changing some of dialogue's vocabulary.
The only problem I have with this interesting story is that it was far too short for my taste.
Again thank you both Nubelial and Trycex for all the time and effort you have put in this work.
(Favorite Faction = Garabolg, of course)

Edit : I forgot to mention :
In the chapter where Nezli and Marak defend the native's village, during the opening cut scene there is a moment where someone named urasmas(I'm not sure if this is the exact name) says sth but the icon is Salrin's.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey and congrats ! I just started it but it seems very nice.
I'm stuck at chapter 2 though. I picked the valorians, explored what I could, went into the cave and killed the big golem at the end of it but nothing happened.
I assume some kind of trigger should have occured right ?
As we're "investigating odd energies" as a quest and Marak says that golem is the cause of it ?
I resorted to ISEEDEADPEOPLE but nothing else seems to be needed in the area I'm stuck in.

Edit : Well I restarted with the other faction and it worked this time
Hi Nabab! I test it myself and it works, maybe happen that some how you pulled one of the enemies of the final group early and unintentional you break the victory condition (there is a small chance that happen). So... is just bad luck, but I will try to change the victory condition that never happen again.

Just completed the campaign.
To be honest I LOVED IT and really look forward to the next parts of this saga.
I encountered no bug whatsoever (played on 1.31), of course there were some grammatical errors and I suggest changing some of dialogue's vocabulary.
The only problem I have with this interesting story is that it was far too short for my taste.
Again thank you both Nubelial and Trycex for all the time and effort you have put in this work.
(Favorite Faction = Garabolg, of course)

Edit : I forgot to mention :
In the chapter where Nezli and Marak defend the native's village, during the opening cut scene there is a moment where someone named urasmas(I'm not sure if this is the exact name) says sth but the icon is Salrin's.

Hi viper! Thanks for comment.
Yeah the story is short because is the first arc of four, but many things happened and we couldn't create more chapter :(

I will fix the name later(that was her alpha name LOL)

Level 8
We just update a new version campaign with some fixed
version 1.3

thank you all for taking your time to play this campaign
My partner and I will answer any questions or comments you have
also we create a poll of "What is your favorite faction?"

Level 12
some of the items that said to use with the ceremonial scroll did not want to combine
Hi shadowhog, I glad that you like it.

Can you tell me which item cannot combine with the ceremonial scroll and in which level?

Is it possible to add the combinations in the quest menu?
Maybe in the future we could add that.

Level 20
Finished playing through the campaign on hard difficulty on 1.29.2. Here are the issues I found :

General :
  • Kajiro's Shout of Order is called "battle orders" in the skill upgrade menu. The description in the upgrade menu also states that it improves mana regeneration instead of health regen.
  • Nezli's Static Laser Charge doesn't advertise what the ability does at level 4.
  • Some combinations of items for the ceremonial scroll do not do anything (There were several but I only noted the Breastplate + pendant of dauntless)
  • When it is possible to get units in limited numbers (wolves in chapter 3, elementals in chapter 4) it would be nice to have optional quests stating how many are left.

Chapter 1 :
  • It would be nice if there was a message to tell that Marak's Spirit Grace also does damage to magical creature (not just summoned ones) when you first encounter golems (otherwise it is easy to miss).
Chapter 2 :
  • In Marak's section, the dialogue for the final golem triggers too early (just before we reach the second wellspring guardian) and the golem leaves the final area to attack Marak.
  • In the ending cinematic, Marak turns to look at Kajiro and Sahrenna leave before they are both past him.
Chapter 4 :
  • The start of the level is a little overwhelming. I think it would be better if we started with only the goblins and there was an optional quest to reach the orc encampment for help. It would allow the player to get acquainted with the goblin tech-tree without worrying of protecting the orc base.
  • The Howling Forest's name if Garabolg is chosen is "howlingforest" without a space.
  • If the ceremonial scroll in the base of the corrupted natives is retrieved by a hero, the merchant in Sarlin's camp no longer sells a scroll (even if you haven't bought one from them).
  • It would be nice if the guardians had different models for their structures (maybe something more crystal-like instead of using the wendigos buildings)
Chapter 5 :
  • It would be nice if Argorok was mentionned before this level (maybe when Marak is alone against golems in chapter 2).

Overall the campaign is really cool. I have followed the developement for a long time. I really like the more fleshed-out orc factions. I can't wait for the natives to get a little more gameplay and to see the results of Barst's expedition in the new version.

Level 12
General :
  • Kajiro's Shout of Order is called "battle orders" in the skill upgrade menu. The description in the upgrade menu also states that it improves mana regeneration instead of health regen.
  • Nezli's Static Laser Charge doesn't advertise what the ability does at level 4.
  • Some combinations of items for the ceremonial scroll do not do anything (There were several but I only noted the Breastplate + pendant of dauntless)
  • When it is possible to get units in limited numbers (wolves in chapter 3, elementals in chapter 4) it would be nice to have optional quests stating how many are left.

Hi Navy!
-Yeah, I forgot some stuff and never update the tooltip.
-We need to check those items and see what happen(you remember in which chapter happen that bug?)
-The idea is that is just a secret, but maybe I could add an alert saying that there is no more rescutable units around(and maybe give present after get all)

Chapter 1 > Nice advice, I will add one when your first meet the golems
Chapter 2 > This chapter always caused us troubles :mad: I will try to redesign where the final group lies to mare sure that doesn't happen again.
Chapter 4 >the idea of this chapter is serve to the players as a "tutorial" of double faction play(yes, this will repeat), and because the goblins are just a small faction they will be easier to manageable, but a few extra minutes before the first attack wave couldn't hurt.

If the ceremonial scroll in the base of the corrupted natives is retrieved by a hero, the merchant in Sarlin's camp no longer sells a scroll (even if you haven't bought one from them).
We never thought that could happen! Maybe that also happen in chapter 3!? We need to check these triggers.

Chapter 5 > I like that idea.
You can actually see Argorok in his normal golem form in the prologue, but sure, you will believe that is just a random golem.

Overall the campaign is really cool. I have followed the developement for a long time. I really like the more fleshed-out orc factions. I can't wait for the natives to get a little more gameplay and to see the results of Barst's expedition in the new version.
I glad that you enjoyed! I burned my brain to create these orcs, in the future you will know better the natives and what happened with Barst meanwhile our heroes save the valley.

i remember it was a demo long ago, and enjoyed it greatly . thats 1 heck of an update. woop. downloading and testing!
Nice! I hope that you comeback and tell us your opinion :D

We will work this weekend and fix the bugs that are still around, but maybe I will upload the new version on sunday.

Level 20
We need to check those items and see what happen(you remember in which chapter happen that bug?)
I had some combinations of items not working in both chapter 3 and 4 (I never had a scroll to combine in any other level). I don't know if they were the same in both chapter (The pendant of dauntless + breastplate was on chapter 4)

We never thought that could happen! Maybe that also happen in chapter 3!? We need to check these triggers.
I tried it on chapter 3 and it didn't happen but I wonder if it is because it didn't get combined (in chapter 4, the scroll was combined as soon as I picked it up)

Level 8
I had some combinations of items not working in both chapter 3 and 4 (I never had a scroll to combine in any other level). I don't know if they were the same in both chapter (The pendant of dauntless + breastplate was on chapter 4)

I tried it on chapter 3 and it didn't happen but I wonder if it is because it didn't get combined (in chapter 4, the scroll was combined as soon as I picked it up)

Greetings Navy45
I hope I can clarify your doubts because I was never clear about how the items work and I expected everyone to get their adventure completely randomly.

Our heroes arrived with little equipment on the northern continent, so they had to adapt.
1651282287246.png

The basic items, tier 1 items, are found on the edges of the heptagram
1651282495693.png

Finding any of the basic objects and combining them will depend on the luck in obtaining an item "tier 2"
Tier 2 items are found on the diagonals of the heptagon, making a total of 21 without repetition.
Only 7 of those 21 items can be used for the ceremonial scroll, thus fulfilling the instructions of the natives.
1651282600608.png

They will be marked with this green legend

1651282640999.png

-1 of the 7 tier 2 items
-ceremonial scroll
1651282844326.png

Due to the randomness in obtaining skin or horn, there is a combination for each.
There are a total of 14 mystical objects, each with supernatural powers used by the natives for generations. I will not detail the effects or descriptions because each story is different, I wish you luck adventurers.

1651282969293.png

1651283045257.png

You only need a tier2, skin or horn and the scroll
1651282844326.png

Good luck Fighters, i hope to see you in the battlefield.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Does this work on 1.31 as well ? I planned on trying it but it doesn't show up in the game...

Level 2
I am on mission 5 and I must say I am extremely impressed. Kathmaral Saga is a great experience so far. The thing that you have sold me on the most is story and thick atmosphere. I like that you haven't immediately bombarded us with names of characters and events from the past , yet still you established an interesting world with potential for great depth in it's past as well in the future as we will progress in these campaigns . The dialogue is good and you actually made me chuckle few times with some banters between characters. As far as mentioned atmosphere... the detail on the maps and overall let's call it visual theme of those islands is amazing. Gently falling snow , ice caverns and rivers, patches of snow mixed with natural autumn forest landscapes... this place is something that I want to explore. As far as action goes there is lots of interesting new skills and units but so far goblins from their segment in mission 4 as well those healing and entagling mages (which is sort of OP but I don't mind ;) ) are my favourites. I am hooked that's for sure I'm giving 5 stars.

Level 20
-1 of the 7 tier 2 items
-ceremonial scroll
Ahh... I didn't understand that a wendigo part was required no matter what. Maybe it should be advertised in the scroll's description since, right now, wendigo horns and skin seem like just normal combinable items. The wendigo parts could also have a different text or color for the "material for the ceremonial scroll" text instead of being green like advanced items.
(I also replayed the beginning of chapter 2 and found the hint about combining but since you can't combine anything before chapter 3, I think a lot of people will not remember it)

By the way I really like that enemy and ally heroes have combined items. It really grounds the mechanic in the lore and it helps if you want to make a specific item.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Finally made it work out. :D

I like the slightly modified UI. The race overall has nice units and each cool abilities.
Took me some minutes to actually spot the entrance of that cave in the first chapter xD. I love how you combined doodads and made the terrain on the crystal golems hill, looks really nice even though only default models were used in the process. Marak's Fissure ability is nice but you should add the Locust ability on the dummy so that it cannot be selected. (just a suggestion); also describe in the tooltip that it deals damage per one individual after each hit because atm it says that it attacks enemies nearby. Indeed it does but not all in the same time.
The "You face Langosh" got me dead, boiled lobster on the way. What I really liked about the walkthrough, is that you never become bored as in regular campaigns. Good job on that! Combining various items will grant you cooler ones. Nice add-on for the campaign. The second chapter starts really nice. Love the environment here as well. More interesting items here and more to combine. As a side note, have you considered implementing a backpack system for the heroes ? It could help a lot throughout the chapters.
Overall, it has a really nice story, a cool custom race and the amount of work you've put into it is really obvious.

The Campaign is approved with a 4/5 rating! Congrats ! :D

Level 12
Ahh... I didn't understand
Yeah that was our fault, we though "We need to explain more? Naaaah It will be fine" :ugly:

By the way I really like that enemy and ally heroes have combined items. It really grounds the mechanic in the lore and it helps if you want to make a specific item.
Fun fact: I wanted to hide the inventory of the enemies to make it looks more "professional", but Nubelial convinced me otherwise.

Hi @Alexen ! Thank you for you review and approved, is good to know that all these years with the editor was rewarded :grin:
I hope that in the future you could tell us your thoughts about the rest of the campaign.

As a side note, have you considered implementing a backpack system for the heroes ? It could help a lot throughout the chapters.
Actually we receive this advice many times, but I have two problems with this:

1- Actually IDK how to doing it (LOLOLOLOL)
2- The campaign was designed with many hero's rotation is mind, so most of the time you will use others heroes here and there, so we invite to the players to trade the items more often.

Have a nice day.

Level 7
Version 1.4 has just been uploaded, it will be the definitive version unless there are heavy bugs.
I added a few last effects and my partner corrected some text. I hope you enjoy and come back to comment.

Never give up warrior.
i started playing yesterday
is there any thing major things ?
or i can continue on the older one

Level 12
ah okay

thanks for the help

also i noticed chieftan hero costs supply in my version

was that fixed in the new one?
Hi! Sorry for answer late

We never found that! Probably because Sahrena is a range hero and the only chapter where she is allow to die is in a melee chapter and rarely died in the test. Sorry but that bug hasn't been fixed and to tell the true is a minor one.

We Fixed a bug regarding the Ceremonial scroll and the merchant(you could loss 1 of the 2 ceremonial scrolls in chapter 3 and 4), some small grammar, and a minor balanced.

Level 7
finished the campaign

amaing work for the first campaign

Gameplay - 5/5

story - 5/5

terrain - 4/5

will be waiting for your future projects

Level 7
also forgot to mention a bug i found on my old version which i don't know if was caused or not basically screen temp goes half black or something when you load the save on misson 4

Attachments

• Screenshot (32).png
    Screenshot (32).png
    877.8 KB · Views: 42
Level 12
also forgot to mention a bug i found on my old version which i don't know if was caused or not basically screen temp goes half black or something when you load the save on misson 4
I spoke with Nubelial, He tell me that is a bug with the "Crusher" model AKA the Goblin Shredder, something about the lights of his model, but looks like the fix himself.

I will add a list of known bugs, hopefully in the future will be fix all.

Level 12
Hi!

We fix the food cost of Sahrena and improved the description of the "Ceremonial scroll" to be more easily to understand, everything else maybe was some really small bugs or typos that I forget.

With that, We will move to another project and with luck we will present it soon.

Have a nice day! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 7
Hi!

We fix the food cost of Sahrena and improved the descripcion of the "Ceremonial scroll" to be more easily to understand, everything else maybe was some really small bugs or typos that I forget.

With that, We will move to another project and with luck we will present it soon.

Have a nice day! :thumbs_up:
awesome! also i was wondering considering our spells can go really high level and they were 4 with 4 levels and you couldn't max them , will our hero data be transfered somehow from first campaign to the sequal?

Level 12
awesome! also i was wondering considering our spells can go really high level and they were 4 with 4 levels and you couldn't max them , will our hero data be transfered somehow from first campaign to the sequal?
To tell the true, If we retake the project would be a massive rework of some chapters and add the next arc.

Also, Because we couldn't think in some ultimates, we decided to make that every hero has a 4 levels of spells, the last level "transform" the normal spell in an "ultimate" adding some bonus or additional effect, but your max level always be 10 so you must choose in what you want to specialized :mwahaha:

I din't change that in this version because it would be a massive rework in the balance of the first arc :ugly:

Level 5
wow i loved this campaign good work guys !!! i played with forest orcs and i will replay with Valorian orcs and try to forge good items :p

Level 7
adding my own. played i to the fullest. loved the various challenges and faction flavours. well done to you! looking foward to see where the saga continues ;)

Level 3
Let me give my honest thoughts on this campaign.

Pros: I like that you made all abilitys accessable to add bit more versatility when it comes to wich build you want to go, rather than giving ultimates at lvl 6.
The story itself isn't half bad i like how we're given the choice of choosing between two clans and them have it's own unique units.
The missions are on point when it comes to design and difficulty.

Cons: As much as i like the story the beginning was bit old dated. There are alot of campaigns out there that have same beginning with orcs having their homeland destroyed and them set sailing in search for a new one.

The rewarding system could be a bit better. One of the things that makes campaigns bit more interesting are those unique items that are obtained after completing a task. Altho we do have the system of combining items in order to make a powerful one, it's just not very impactful and the stats it gives are mediocre at best.

I wish the campaign lasted a bit longer. Seven missions is way too short for my taste.

But overall you guys did a good job. I hope to see more from you :)

Final Score: 3/5

Level 19
I know how important good feedback is, so I'm trying to give as much as possible (and hopefully useful advises as a fellow mapmaker) :
WALL OF TEXT & MAJOR NICKPICKING INCOMING !

-Played the 1,5 version on normal difficulty on my 1.27 game version-

-I love the terraining
-the use of custom skins instead of models is cool because you instantly know what the units do, but it's still new and fresh, but 3 different skins of shamans for 2 named characters and one unit is too repetitive IMO
-same with the terraining : mixing tilesets/tree types makes a good « different but familiar » feel
-the enemy factions could use some different models though, there is basically only variations of golems, giants, furbolgs, tuskars and wendigos with different skins so it's hard to quickly guess/remember which one is melee, range, spellcaster, or even siege weapon
-the « earthly force » buff icon is the autocast one
-the sand stream ability makes enemies drunk :xxd: (I mean the sound and visual effect from pandaren ability is still there)
-kael's voice on an orc is so weird, especially on a melee fighter :eekani:
-I love the level design that leaves little unreachable space since I love exploring every inch of a map
-the 2 different factions choice is great ! also thematically I like that 2 subfactions can get along for once, I think the fact that it was made by 2 people working together is maybe not a coincidence
-a lot of new spells seem to have a sound like an attack when the buff stops which is distracting/distressing when these sounds are burned into your memory like me
-I really like the banters that show the different personalities of the heroes and the fact that they know each other well
-all the english could really use some proofreading : it doesn't affect the understanding (I think) but there are A LOT of mistakes
-OTOH my spanish is rusty and reading backwards is hard to do fast, so I couldn't really get what the bad guys were saying, just a few words, but it sounded like bad news
-the cheese ability of the goblin makes weird flashes of lights on the screen when attacking enemies, I've never seen a glitch like that, presumably it's from the planes model ?
-I really like the intro cutscene : camera work, terraining, custom units etc. but the story is pretty vague since I don't understand who's fighting who and who are the protagonists at the start
-these dreadnought are huge ! Bigger than aircraft carriers even, next to the city (love the use of the model at a different scale than usual BTW)
-at the start if you follow the old shaman you hear trees grow but instead there is an invisible wall to stop you
-having all units selected after a cutscene is nice, it will be faster for a 2nd playthrough
-sharpshooter have mana but can't use it
-in the end cutscene one of the ships seems to really want to go inland
-when they talk about kajiro's sister and Iron mask at the end, I must say I had forgotten the end of the intro, maybe it's just me but I only understood on the 2nd viewing, this dialogue would be better at the start of the map instead of the end (or make it a banter when exploring since there is already a lot of dialogues in cutscenes)
-the map has a lot of unused space on both sides, you could crop the map (unless maybe it's used for cutscenes?)
-the flying monster model at the end looks awesome, it's a shame we never see this beast again
-at the start the golem animation when they become yours plays for each which looks weird, also reset the animation after, so they don't look stuck until you give them an order
-the natives running away is strange at first, but once you understand what's going on it's nice not slaughtering everyone in your path for once
-the enemies attacks are pretty big but the healing huts make defending easy, so it's not too grindy to advance while also defending the base at the same time
-I love the fact that you can make siege units less of a slow-ass pain to move around the map with an upgrade
-I don't know if we're supposed to get some random drops of wendigo parts for the crafting with scrolls but I had zero on this entire map so I made only 1 item with the part from an earlier map
- also it would be nice to know what each item does to be able to choose instead of it being automatic – to be clear : I like the automation, because I prefer minimal inventory management (played too many RPGs) but maybe make a list of what combination makes what result in the quest log
-a nice classic base building map : with 2 bases with different techtrees, at least one is new (both for me since I changed the faction choice) it can feel a bit overwhelming at first, but since one is protected by the AI ally and the attack waves start slow it's manageable : good balancing !
-is there a point to the group of elementals north of the enemy base outside of the items they drop ? I also found an potential allied one but I don't know if they're linked
-the enemy bases have a LOT of towers on high ground which are a pain (I guess that's the point of strategic defenses but still...). Fortunately they don't detect your invisible scout unit so it's not too bad combined with siege units
-the boss fight is pretty good, with one or 2 reloads necessary to understand how it works – players who didn't pick the rock throw ability will be in trouble though, I guess that's why you gave the tome of retraining just before
-in the epilogue the effect in the sky is supposed to be an aurora borealis I presume ?
-the cutscene is long and having only vanilla music gets old after the 3rd repeat (even if I like it), maybe a few choice custom tracks would help
-I normally like short and sweet campaigns rather than those who overstays their welcome, but here it's pretty frustrating to finish on what feels like the end of the prologue of the story : so much questions unanswered, heroes we didn't get to control, techtree limited to 2nd tier and lvl 6 heroes... you can't make something so engaging and leave me hanging :gg:

This short campaign is really well-designed and balanced, with great attention to details. It's not as « flashy » as most since it doesn't use many custom models (mostly skins) or music, or artworks on loading screens etc.
It's also not based on warcraft lore, and both of these choices probably hurt its potential popularity unfortunately.

But I really recommend anyone who likes blizzard-like campaigns and original settings to try this gem.
The only downside really is that it's too short and leaves you wanting to know more about the world and characters, and to play more of the new orc techtrees.

I hope this will be useful to the creators.

Level 12
Hello @Armelior_is_back ! Thanks for your extensive feedback, I couldn't responde soon.

There is so much to answer so I will pick only a few.
-the use of custom skins instead of models is cool because you instantly know what the units do, but it's still new and fresh, but 3 different skins of shamans for 2 named characters and one unit is too repetitive IMO
-the enemy factions could use some different models though, there is basically only variations of golems, giants, furbolgs, tuskars and wendigos with different skins so it's hard to quickly guess/remember which one is melee, range, spellcaster, or even siege weapon
-the « earthly force » buff icon is the autocast one
-kael's voice on an orc is so weird, especially on a melee fighter :eekani:
-the 2 different factions choice is great ! also thematically I like that 2 subfactions can get along for once, I think the fact that it was made by 2 people working together is maybe not a coincidence
-I really like the banters that show the different personalities of the heroes and the fact that they know each other well
-all the english could really use some proofreading : it doesn't affect the understanding (I think) but there are A LOT of mistakes
-OTOH my spanish is rusty and reading backwards is hard to do fast, so I couldn't really get what the bad guys were saying, just a few words, but it sounded like bad news
-the cheese ability of the goblin makes weird flashes of lights on the screen when attacking enemies, I've never seen a glitch like that, presumably it's from the planes model ?
-Yeah, that why the hero(Marak) has his portrait change of angle to feel different, but the reason why are so many it's because they are an "order" of mage hunter(like paladins)
-Most of them are just starter enemies that why. Actually the natives(tuskar and furbolg) got a visual update with the skins and small variations.
-That is the fault of my laziness.
-Well Kajiro is more or less a noble orc, I wouldn't want to speak like a blademaster LOL
-Yeah the main team are friends since young.
-Agree, despite the help of one member of hive, I still found some grammar mistake, fortunaly I'm improving my english.
-Totally bad news.
-IDK maybe something with the model + spell.

-I really like the intro cutscene : camera work, terraining, custom units etc. but the story is pretty vague since I don't understand who's fighting who and who are the protagonists at the start
Yeah, we deliberately made the intro the ambiguous as possible.

-sharpshooter have mana but can't use it
-in the end cutscene one of the ships seems to really want to go inland
-when they talk about kajiro's sister and Iron mask at the end, I must say I had forgotten the end of the intro, maybe it's just me but I only understood on the 2nd viewing, this dialogue would be better at the start of the map instead of the end (or make it a banter when exploring since there is already a lot of dialogues in cutscenes)
-the map has a lot of unused space on both sides, you could crop the map (unless maybe it's used for cutscenes?)
-It's for her skill, but because I didn't want to revel anything so early and the limitation of mana for the units(or something like that), she lack of the fire arrows on that chapter.
-LoL
-A valid point, but the intro was so long that we actually reduce text wall(but too much text remains).
-Was a plan about reuse the chapter 1 with new zones(the time pass so many terrain changed)

-at the start the golem animation when they become yours plays for each which looks weird, also reset the animation after, so they don't look stuck until you give them an order
-the natives running away is strange at first, but once you understand what's going on it's nice not slaughtering everyone in your path for once
-Once again my laziness that didn't fix that.
-One of the advice of the sage is try to be nice, that's why the orcs don't kill other humanoids(after all they weill live there, probably)

-I don't know if we're supposed to get some random drops of wendigo parts for the crafting with scrolls but I had zero on this entire map so I made only 1 item with the part from an earlier map
- also it would be nice to know what each item does to be able to choose instead of it being automatic – to be clear : I like the automation, because I prefer minimal inventory management (played too many RPGs) but maybe make a list of what combination makes what result in the quest log
-You start to get wendigo loot(both horn and skin) at chapter 2, but you need to explorer more to get the 3(2 on the first phase and 1 in the later, so Marak can get two for him and Nezli(chapter 2) and in the second phase you get one + the one to get in chapter 3 to Kajiro and Sahrena.

-The reason why is automatic is because the space for the hero inventory(at the beginning we use the normal item + epic gear from optional quest or hidden/secret ) even the heroe get personal items, but we discard the idea. So most of the loot is random and the combination too, because of that way there is a little replayability also sometimes the people we will get items that they didn't see before and tell to others, etc.

-is there a point to the group of elementals north of the enemy base outside of the items they drop ? I also found an potential allied one but I don't know if they're linked
-the enemy bases have a LOT of towers on high ground which are a pain (I guess that's the point of strategic defenses but still...). Fortunately they don't detect your invisible scout unit so it's not too bad combined with siege units
-Just normal enemy to get items, after all Nezli need some items too.
-If you speak about the natives enemy base, yes, also there is some backdoor entrance.

-the boss fight is pretty good, with one or 2 reloads necessary to understand how it works – players who didn't pick the rock throw ability will be in trouble though, I guess that's why you gave the tome of retraining just before
-in the epilogue the effect in the sky is supposed to be an aurora borealis I presume ?
-the cutscene is long and having only vanilla music gets old after the 3rd repeat (even if I like it), maybe a few choice custom tracks would help
-I normally like short and sweet campaigns rather than those who overstays their welcome, but here it's pretty frustrating to finish on what feels like the end of the prologue of the story : so much questions unanswered, heroes we didn't get to control, techtree limited to 2nd tier and lvl 6 heroes... you can't make something so engaging and leave me hanging :gg:
-Yeah, we couldn't doom the player, that's why the tome of retraining. The boss was design with Marek's skillset to make sure that he can counter anything that the boss do.
-Yes, a mystical effect.
My most sincere apologies to anyone who want more about the story, because we failed to you, we removed 3 chapter(second arc) that tell the story about Ironmask(champion of garabolg) and Yazgrim(kajiro's sister) do conflic of ideas and in general because we were soo tired of barely advance the campaign(this project started around 2018, was killed and revived and reworked.
-Speaking of the tech tree, the factions had the 95% of the units and upgrades ready, but their units would be using in the second arc, sorry about that.

This short campaign is really well-designed and balanced, with great attention to details. It's not as « flashy » as most since it doesn't use many custom models (mostly skins) or music, or artworks on loading screens etc.
It's also not based on warcraft lore, and both of these choices probably hurt its potential popularity unfortunately.

Thanks! We made a big effort to created on our universe with characters and models(most of them are created by @Nubelial) this was our first seroius try, I hope that in the future we could finish the project and give it to the community.

Level 5
This was an awesome campaign that i have thoroughly enjoyed, the storyline was neat, the custom skins were amazing, and the level designs were awe-inspiring. Is there any plans to make a sequel?

Level 12
This was an awesome campaign that i have thoroughly enjoyed, the storyline was neat, the custom skins were amazing, and the level designs were awe-inspiring. Is there any plans to make a sequel?
Hello!

Yes, Kathmaral will get a sequel(or more or less a really big update) but no yet, we aren't ready. Meanwhile we are focus in other projects.

Have a good day.