• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Katana

Katana
made From Scratch

Changelog: Rewrap and Edit the Blade
Improved Wrap (Or Worsen)

Be sure to Give Credit if you cut tomato with it

Keywords:
Sword, Bamboo, Japanese, Samurai, Katana, Japan, Ninja, Kodachi, Black, Shot, Cut, Slash, Cut
Contents

Katana (Model)

Reviews
03:49, 1st Feb 2015 MiniMage: What needs to be worked on has been mentioned below. Feel free to work on this more when you get more time. Setting it to needs fix in the meantime. 11:47, 3rd Apr 2015 MiniMage: Yeah, that looks better. Approved.

M

03:49, 1st Feb 2015
MiniMage: What needs to be worked on has been mentioned below. Feel free to work on this more when you get more time. Setting it to needs fix in the meantime.

11:47, 3rd Apr 2015
MiniMage: Yeah, that looks better. Approved.

Level 24
Looks really great though I think it would look better if the blade was a little longer. The blade is generally at least two times longer than the handle here it's more like 1,5. Looks really good though.

Level 24
Maybe I have got something wrong then but this is the image I got when I searched for kodachi.

kodachi.jpg

Level 26
The handle is fucking glorious, the blade.. Hm.
I'd suggest adding a few more polies to the blade and work on the subtle curve.

The wrapping of the blade could use some work also. The handle is still neat though, no work has to be done to that part.

As for the actual blade. Go for a wakizashi. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JsDvU-lPKI4/Ttuo2qs5bXI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/XpfsZDSQvkA/s1600/105.jpg
A lot of focus is on the blade portion here as well. But the length seem to be closer to your model.

Level 42
The handle is fucking glorious, the blade.. Hm.
I'd suggest adding a few more polies to the blade and work on the subtle curve.

The wrapping of the blade could use some work also. The handle is still neat though, no work has to be done to that part.

As for the actual blade. Go for a wakizashi. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JsDvU-lPKI4/Ttuo2qs5bXI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/XpfsZDSQvkA/s1600/105.jpg
A lot of focus is on the blade portion here as well. But the length seem to be closer to your model.

Will Work on that

I agree with Grendel that the wrap is really good! Only thing i noticed is that the blade is a bit thick, it almost looks more like a rod. Also, i personally mostly use 4-sided cylinders for my blades, and then add more segements to the length instead to give it a nicer curve. I think the curve is nice on this one though, just make the blade slightly thinner.