• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Karate Kid (2010) Trailer, it's bullcrap.

Rating

• 5/5

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 4/5

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 3/5

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • So crap I can't even give a rating

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
The Karate Kid (2010) trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY8amUImEu0
Even though I find the name a 99999999999999999999999999999999999% fail, I'm going to watch it for the sake of seeing Wushu in a movie.

What rating would you give this trailer?
Heres what I give it..
0/5 For the name (It's WUSHU [Chinese] and not Karate [Jap, the ones who INVADED CHINA AND GOT THEIR ASSES KICKED.]

5/5 For the wushu
2/5 For the black kid acting

Level 7
Well... Will Smith is the producer and and his son is the actor that plays the karate kid. This Will fail.

Damn I didn't know it was will smith, since when did he do fighting movies?!
Haha I'm watching this because it's WUSHU
I wish will smith would be a little bit smarter and understand its WUSHU/Modern Kung Fu and not karate.. -.-

Level 7
Either way Will Smith's son or not I'm watching it for the Wushu.
Never seen a black kid in a wushu film before and Will Smith is a good actor, maybe his son has some of his father's traits so.. Who knows.
But I'm watching it for the Wushu.. the name turns me right off still.

You have a problem with black people?
Nope, I love everybody but I hate people who call Kung fu/wushu karate or taekwondo because kung fu and wushu aren't karate or taekwondo.
EDIT: Ok maybe I'm a little racist to muslims, only because they are racist to asians though. And because they love to call their cousins to fights because they know they can't 1v1.

Level 25
Ok maybe I'm a little racist to muslims, only because they are racist to asians though. And because they love to call their cousins to fights because they know they can't 1v1.

The heck!?
stay on topic please
and no need to share such things here because this community have Muslim users also that might get annoyed with your strange opinion.

Edit: And you guys can just say "Wushu and That Kid" it's shorter, easier, and we are not morons

Level 14
What a lucky fuckin' kid, he's taught kung fu by Jackie Chan! What a lucky little kid :/

Anyways the movie looks pretty ghey, and i would not be caught dead in the movie theatre watching that, but i will watch it at mah house :I

Level 7
What a lucky fuckin' kid, he's taught kung fu by Jackie Chan! What a lucky little kid :/

Anyways the movie looks pretty ghey, and i would not be caught dead in the movie theatre watching that, but i will watch it at mah house :I

Apparently he is will smith's son so that makes him even more lucky..

Level 7
The black kid is a tool so that american people relate
It is indeed a bit out of place since he will probably become the champion of China.
Just like The last Samurai with Tom Cruise in wich the last samurai is an american...

If you mean he will probably become the wushu champion of china in his age group, you are dead wrong I'm sorry.

Children start at the age of 6 and under, train 6-10 hours a day every day (living at the school), for 20+ years and do nothing but their homework and training until they are taken out of the school, or if they have the power, until they remove themself from the school.

They are others far better than .. Smith Junior. The chances of Smith Junior becoming a wushu champion in china is very, very low.

Level 16
EDIT: Ok maybe I'm a little racist to muslims, only because they are racist to asians though. And because they love to call their cousins to fights because they know they can't 1v1.
Racist to Asians? Then why do Saudi Arabia are considered as a part of Asia?

Actually, I would like to bring Genghis Khan to this matter, but, since it will cause a tense Off-Topic Discussion, I'll keep it to myself.

Aaanyway, Jackie Chan said "Kung Fu" while the movie's name is "Karate Kid". Total Bullshit.

Last edited:
Level 7
Aaanyway, Jackie Chan said "Kung Fu" while the movie's name is "Karate Kid". Total Bullshit.
It's Kung Fu/Wushu indeed, a movie directed by a non Asian so it's obvious why it's called Karate kid.. Most white/black people say Karate or Taekwondo because they have no knowledge of other Martial arts.

The ones who named the movie failed, Jackie did it right :D

Indeed :thumbs_up:

Level 12
I'm a Japanese-American who does Tae Kwon Do, and likes Kung Fu movies (no really, I am).

To be fair to this movie, I bet that they started out wanting to make a genuine remake of the classic (I don't see the point, but okay), however, since they wanted to have Jackie Chan in it, they had to make it Kung Fu, but the title "The Karate Kid" resonates so much more than "The Kung Fu Kid." Alternatively, perhaps they wanted to rip off the story of The Karate Kid, and simply set it in China, but in order to do so legally, had to claim that it was a "Remake."

Whatever the case, this movie looks dumb. I can already tell how the plot is going to go, but, let's face it, in a Kung Fu movie, it's not so much about how creative the plot it, it's more about how creative and dynamic the fight sequences are.

1/5.

If you mean he will probably become the wushu champion of china in his age group, you are dead wrong I'm sorry.

Children start at the age of 6 and under, train 6-10 hours a day every day (living at the school), for 20+ years and do nothing but their homework and training until they are taken out of the school, or if they have the power, until they remove themself from the school.

They are others far better than .. Smith Junior. The chances of Smith Junior becoming a wushu champion in china is very, very low.
Are you stupid?
I'm talking about the movie.
And I doubt it's a story of a kind failing and going back home.

Level 7
Are you stupid?
I'm talking about the movie.
And I doubt it's a story of a kind failing and going back home.

Uhuh, ok. Well in that case, isn't it fucking obvious he's going to be the victor in this movie? It's kinda obvious. We all know that he's going to win so why bother saying it anyway?

Level 7
We all knew that Pandora in avatar was going to get destroyed, the hero get killed, and the entire race get extinct.

Remember that the director is the father of the main character, I'm sure every father wants their child to win, and remember who the trainer is, I'm sure Jackie Chan wouldn't sign up to be the "Trainer" if his student lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.