• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kalecgos War3ModelEditor

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I continue work on my java-based model editor, the community will still want a working version of Magos War3ModelEditor. Although the name comes from the name of the author, many have confused it with Malygos, so I was thinking it would be funny to name a successor program "Kalecgos". Basically, my idea is to put together a remastered version of his tool using the portions of the original source code that Magos himself published combined with the CascLib code, since both of these two are C++ based.

I see this as a possible side project to keep the old thing running while I continue work on my Java based warcraft modding software, and not something I would want to spend more than maybe a week on.
But I didn't make it yet; this thread is to investigate support. Is the idea of the "Kalecgos War3ModelEditor" something the community would want?

Mostly it's reason for existence would be the MPQ->CASC fix.

Thanks.

Level 11
Meh. Ive decided to not do any modeling until your thing comes out anyway. I'm done working around those program's shortcomimgs xD (this doesn't mean i expect your thing to be perfect either- i don't- but it'll be different and more maintained so I'd rather learn on that then getting mired down with them)

Also my magos/mdlvis broke from last patch so I had copy and pasted the mpqs that you or someone had posted in a random thread. Which seems to be the perfect solution for now (just bundle the download with the old mpqs)
Dont get me wrong I'd love a working magos without randomly named geosets/everything, but don't really consider it a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.