• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Juxtapose: How Do You Create Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What up, dudes? 8) So, I was playing DotA yesterday with Phantom Lancer, and I got interested in the Juxtapose skill. For those of you who don't know how it works, I'll describe it to ya:

Gives a % chance that the Phantom Lancer will create an illusion of himself while attacking. (3%/6%/9%/12% chance)

Can someone give me some tips how to make this spell, cuz I already tried to do something with Order dummy to Human Priest - Inner Fire Attacking Unit, but it didn't work.
( I set the Illusion string to Inner Fire :? .)

:eek: Weird... I never thought of that before... anyway, thanks! :D I'll check it out...

There is another thing I have to ask: When I chance the Caster Animation Art of Thunder Clap, it shows nothing. I mean, it shows the original animation, if unchanged, but when I replace it with Special - Naga Building death art, it doesn't appear! Why does that happen? Is it a bug of some sorts?

(Anyway, I found a way to replace this, but I'm still only asking. :oops: )

Level 4
Actualy dota took much spells from wc3sear, or used idea's. (The only thing he forgot was to give the people credits :roll: ).

Well the spell u are searching for is based on this Night slayer

hehe.

Level 16
Man i was pritty suprised when i saw how simple that is. They made an intem with no model that has same attributes as powerups and it creates an illusion. U set event to if unit is attacked, cond. to u know... and finally u set action to create item for attacking unit (item type of illusion summoning power up). It would have much better effect if u would make it create illusions from hero ability than from item ability (though item ability is used in DotA). Simple as that :p

Level 2
How can i limit those images?
Make it so that you only run the actions if a condition is satisfied. You'll probably want a Condition like "If Math - Random Number from 1 to 10 = 1", then do actions. In this case, your actions will have a 10% chance of occuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.