• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to create an illusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How to make an illusion ? I mean could it be possible in GUI/triggers ?

Edit: some spells like juxtapose (DotA's Phantom Lancer 3rd skill) or Reflection (Terrorblade's first skill) have illusions in their spells. These spells can't be made with wand of illusion and Mirror Images ability, right ? so what's the method ?
And another question is : is there a way to change the order ID of a spell to work in trigger's action (issue order a unit targeting ...) ? some spells like amulet of spell shield don't have any base order ID, and changing the order ID seemingly does not work in triggers and can't be recognized so is it possible ?
another question is about leaks, why are they bad ? i mean, what's wrong with them ? do they cause lag or something ?

Last edited:
How to make an illusion ? I mean could it be possible in GUI/triggers ?

Edit: some spells like juxtapose (DotA's Phantom Lancer 3rd skill) or Reflection (Terrorblade's first skill) have illusions in their spells. These spells can't be made with wand of illusion and Mirror Images ability, right ? so what's the method ?
I believe Juxtapose and Reflection are triggered wand of illusion, there's way to use Wand of Illusion via "Binary Value" (or whatever they call it to order unit based on number ID)

And another question is : is there a way to change the order ID of a spell to work in trigger's action (issue order a unit targeting ...) ? some spells like amulet of spell shield don't have any base order ID, and changing the order ID seemingly does not work in triggers and can't be recognized so is it possible ?
There's a way to call them with custom script, but I can't remember, similar to the first one.

another question is about leaks, why are they bad ? i mean, what's wrong with them ? do they cause lag or something ?
They can cause lags, Desynchronization, or worst, they can make maps unplayable due to immense lag.

Level 22

Because they use up your computer's memory to store useless data. It's hard for the computer to work when the system has inadequate free memory, that's why it lags a lot when there are lots of memory leaks. It's like force fitting 10 guys on the back seat of a car.

Level 6
I believe Juxtapose and Reflection are triggered wand of illusion, there's way to use Wand of Illusion via "Binary Value" (or whatever they call it to order unit based on number ID)
Show me exactly how plz.
There's a way to call them with custom script, but I can't remember, similar to the first one.
I want Da Script !!!! plz :(

They can cause lags, Desynchronization, or worst, they can make maps unplayable due to immense lag.
Thanks for reply.
also to you chobibo.

Level 22
call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_<caster_variable>,852274,udg_<target_variable>)
for example:
  • Actions
    • Set Spell_Caster=TriggeringUnit
    • Set Spell_Target=Target of Ability Being Cast
    • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_Spell_Caster,852274,udg_Spell_Target)

Level 23

leaks cant cause deync per se, but they will slowly lagg your map, the more leaks you have the more laggy the game becomes, until the point it is unplayable

Level 20

^Lol :DDD?, they use wand of Illusion and Illusion Systems!!!!
There are illusion systems and a Doppelwalk Spell ( DotA's Phantom Lancer 3rd skill ). The doppelwalk ability is simple ability than reflection.

Doppelwalk Method:

Make Custom Wind Walk Ability: make a 0 damage.

Triggered this: Unit is attacked, attacker has a doppelwalk buff then, remove doppelwalk buff to the attacker and order attacker to stop. Make the buff to be a doppelwalk buff. ( This will prevent the caster to show a backstab damage to the unit or somewhat. )

Make Item ( Wand of Illusion lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3 Levels ) and make sure the wand of illusion has a doppelwalk buff. Then set the castrange to 99999.

Make a DUMMY Unit: MUST HAVE LOCUST AND INVENTORY ( HERO ) and ofcourse fly movement type, 0.00 colision size.

Make a trigger, ( Begins casting ability, ability being cast equal to DoppelWalk ( Wind Walk ) because wind walk cannot be abusive in cast and in execution as it starts in 0.00 cast. Variable Caster ( Unit ), Variable CasterPosition ( Point ), Variable DummyUnit ( Unit ). Create 1 dummy unit ( Triggering Player ), CasterPosition, facing of caster angle degree. Hero - Create a Doppelwalk Item ( Wand Of Illusion ) and give it to a dummy. Set the level of the wand illusion to the level of the doppelwalk of the caster. Then Hero - Order a dummy to use Item Carried of Dummy of type ( Wand Of Illusion ) on Caster.

Level 33
^Lol :DDD?, they use wand of Illusion and Illusion Systems!!!!
There are illusion systems and a Doppelwalk Spell ( DotA's Phantom Lancer 3rd skill ). The doppelwalk ability is simple ability than reflection.

Doppelwalk Method:

Make Custom Wind Walk Ability: make a 0 damage.

Triggered this: Unit is attacked, attacker has a doppelwalk buff then, remove doppelwalk buff to the attacker and order attacker to stop. Make the buff to be a doppelwalk buff. ( This will prevent the caster to show a backstab damage to the unit or somewhat. )

Make Item ( Wand of Illusion lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3 Levels ) and make sure the wand of illusion has a doppelwalk buff. Then set the castrange to 99999.

Make a DUMMY Unit: MUST HAVE LOCUST AND INVENTORY ( HERO ) and ofcourse fly movement type, 0.00 colision size.

Make a trigger, ( Begins casting ability, ability being cast equal to DoppelWalk ( Wind Walk ) because wind walk cannot be abusive in cast and in execution as it starts in 0.00 cast. Variable Caster ( Unit ), Variable CasterPosition ( Point ), Variable DummyUnit ( Unit ). Create 1 dummy unit ( Triggering Player ), CasterPosition, facing of caster angle degree. Hero - Create a Doppelwalk Item ( Wand Of Illusion ) and give it to a dummy. Set the level of the wand illusion to the level of the doppelwalk of the caster. Then Hero - Order a dummy to use Item Carried of Dummy of type ( Wand Of Illusion ) on Caster.

You don't need to do extra work for this one, as others have mentioned, just use the JASS function for this to order a dummy to cast Wand Illusion-based order ID which is the 852274 Order ID.

Level 6
Thanks for replies.
and here is another question:
Do you recognize that you should use hashtables in a trigger before making the spell only with reading the description of the spell ?
the thing is I don't exactly know for which spells we can use hashtables...

Level 16
leaks cant cause deync per se, but they will slowly lagg your map, the more leaks you have the more laggy the game becomes, until the point it is unplayable

oh plz, my old crappy map (dotca :p) contained so much leaks .. i remember how the game went when leaks go to a huge amount... crappy memories

On-Topic:

amulet of spell shield
this thing fires when a spell is casted on the unit, so it is useless to activate it via triggers

Do you recognize that you should use hashtables in a trigger before making the spell only with reading the description of the spell ?
the thing is I don't exactly know for which spells we can use hashtables...
Any spell can use hashtables for MUI, some specific spells, that can be active more than once/unit makes it impossible to make it via GetHandleId() and will require a counter instead

Level 20
^ Yes it is from complex spells and anyway Indexer can't do such things like Unit -Groups. Indexing can only handle 1 unit because it will be overwritten if you do such like picked unit in the loop.

Level 20
^ No, I don't mean that lol.
Here is what i mean:
EXECUTION OF SPELL: ( Write it xD )
JASS:
if Index == 0 then
call TurnOff( Looping trigger )
endif
set index = index + 1
Pick every unit in Unit Group then loop through actions
set PickUnit[index] = Picked Unit or Enum, // The PickUnit will be overwritten to the last unit!
// so only 1 unit can get the index. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.