• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Just Started] Barrens Village Terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hello And welcome to my Barrens Village Terrain, im on Ultimate terraining map and im going to make a large village. :thumbs_up: Any suggestions how to make it better?
This is how i got so Far:

Update 1 - - - - - Update 2
Picture 1
Pic 1.png - - - pic 4.png
Picture 2
Pic 2.png - - - pic 5.png
Picture 3
Pic 3.png - - - pic 6.png

~Slaydon

Last edited:
Level 10
so you say this is your first map? if so its quite a good start, the way i wortk when making a village like that (not saying its the best way or the way others work) but i will get teh terrian done that it will fit around that means things like cliff faces rock formations and the like, also suggest not useing grass. . . .
then i would of already started with a picture of a bit of it in my mind i'd biuld that bit then keeping the same theme id biuld the out line to a small village then id go over it adding the smaller parts and more detailed bits and just expand till i decided its big enouth.

have fun. . . . thats whats terrianings all about . . . . if your not having fun then its not a good map . . . xD

EDIT: also try not to streach dodas noticable if you do it do it subtly its just when textures get streatched its easy to see and dont look that good

Status
Not open for further replies.