• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Just some Pictures in my progress of drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys since I'm on the Hive Im interested in Digital art and last month i finally got a tablet. Unfortunately I cant see Im getting better so maybe i thought you could give me some tips.

The things I just uploaded are just some sketchs and doodles but some serious works will be coming soon :)

Dont be nice. If its crap go ahead and say it!

Attachments

• Angel.png
    Angel.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Demon.png
    Demon.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 126
  • Tent int.png
    Tent int.png
    593.2 KB · Views: 172
  • TheTomato.png
    TheTomato.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 133
  • ArmoredZergling.png
    ArmoredZergling.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 117
Level 11
Sup.

I was looking through your posted images and wanted to say that you're making a good job with the shading and you're using help lines, which can make you go far, with some practicing :)

But I must notify you at some points.

First off; draw a stickman for your origin for your image. This will make it easier to manipulate a natural stance of the creature you're drawing.

Second, the second image character got some roughly shaded spikes (or is it spikes?). I mean that the shadows are gathering at the same side (which shouldn't be a problem if he held his arms straight horizontal). You should redo the shadows after where you've put the 'light source' of the image.

Third, the third image have a quite large resolution and makes it impossible to see what it is when you enlarge it from the forums.

fourth and last, try to reshape that dragons head. It looks quite round.

I apology if I was to harsh with this critique, but as I told you earlier; if you keep practicing, will you become something for sure.

I do also want to recommend you to check out this website, where the most famous artists of blizzard are uploading their artwork. Check the website for some insperation and how you could improve your drawstyle.

Last edited:
Level 7
First of all Thank you.
Your critique isnt harsh. Actually I never thought I would get such a nice and well explained critique. Ill look at the sons if the storm site this evening.

Btw you forgot to say something about the tomato :D
I'll kepp parcticing and mayb Ill even upload new things this evening.

And of course +rep :)

Level 11
Looks quite good :)

You should enlarge his right arm a bit. It looks too short (the left arm have a perfect length), and you should make the hands larger and add some holes to the helmet (so the knight can breath) as well.

But the stance looks really natural.

Good job!

Level 7
Well I tryed to improve what you said. Now I just coloured it. I know it looks plain but I dont want to shade/highlight it atm because I have one question. How can i make it look more like iron. I really dont know how to detail it or give it a "used" look. Maybe you could just give me a little hint :)

Attachments

• DarkKnight.png
    DarkKnight.png
    262.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Level 49
Hey, how can he improve if you're going to motivate him in that way? Try to be kind for Christ sake. If you can't be social so please hold your thoughts for your self.

U see in my tone any hope about that author? I think better for him (avoid timewasting) to try hisself in else artworks, for example - sound edition or recording, cuz his painting skills are realy useless and unimprovable. also after next quote:

Looks quite good :)

You should enlarge his right arm a bit. It looks too short (the left arm have a perfect length), and you should make the hands larger and add some holes to the helmet (so the knight can breath) as well.

But the stance looks really natural.

Good job!
You want say that stance its natural? u kiddin? it looks like invalid with some butthurt as well. Btw, u think that positive comments will improve his skills? NEVER, my dear. He will belive that his works are good enough and he just will post more and more crapworks, and u will joy his works each time. NO REASON IMPROVE UR SKILLS WHEN ALL PPL PRAISE CURRENT SKILLS.

I hope u will understand my position.

Level 49
Well, you can't always have that give negative critique. You must always notify at least one good thing the whole thing, in my opinion :)

If i see talented, but unskilled person, i dont make negative destructive criticism, but when i see newbie far from skilled and far from talented - i will make mostly hard criticism that i can generate, cuz it better for that newbie to find a new hobby, hobby, where he will be better.

Level 7
If i see talented, but unskilled person, i dont make negative destructive criticism, but when i see newbie far from skilled and far from talented - i will make mostly hard criticism that i can generate, cuz it better for that newbie to find a new hobby, hobby, where he will be better.

This is the worst attitude I have ever seen. You know that even non talented persons can get better?
I can handle critique. But there are often people that cant handle with people like you. I really like your drawing. I saw every single drawing you made here on the Hive and I love it.

But with such an attitude you wont get far. This isnt the right way to go on a forum like this.

And of course I wont stop drawing just because some ignorant wannabe pro-artist thinks he could destroy the fun of drawing because he doesnt like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.