• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jurassic Park Philippines Map Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have updated the game now. Now, try it! :)
Sorry for the other problems that I haven't fixed, or the stuff you guys requested.
I will also post the change logs here after sometime. IF, I remember what I added

edit:
v 2e Changes:
Added a kill leaderboard
Added the change owner skill to units
Allowed you to remove the marine suit, and wear it again
Balanced the dinosaurs more and changed their icons
Changed some buildings armor, life and damage
Improved the fog effects
Changed the bounty for some units
Added some sound effects for the turret tower III when its attacking, but its poorly made haha

edit:
Already noticed some bugs, fuuuuuuu
I now know how to allow you to build tents near excavation sites! :)
Look at my tutorial Gold Distance Remover

Last edited:
Level 5
The terrain is a bit too bumpy, in the sense that whenever I build towers they stick out at odd angles and look blerghhh! Either add an ability or command than can flatten terrain, or make more 'flat' areas for building. The terrain is also very repetitive and needs more features: lakes, mountains, ravines, wide open fields, etc...

Keep up the good work :)

Lol nice jurrasic park here in the phillipines He He :D
:D

The terrain is a bit too bumpy, in the sense that whenever I build towers they stick out at odd angles and look blerghhh! Either add an ability or command than can flatten terrain, or make more 'flat' areas for building. The terrain is also very repetitive and needs more features: lakes, mountains, ravines, wide open fields, etc...

Keep up the good work :)
Yes, many players really want a better terrain, by the way the flatten idea was nice! I'll just make a trigger to make the terrain flat on the position of the building being constructed :D

The skills triggers wont work if this map is intended for multi-player game. You should learn how to use hastables or indexing, or much better learn vJass or Jass. I also see small amount of leaks in the triggers. Also, you have to look out for those things that needs to be cached. But, this is a good improvement in this map. Keep up the good work and don't stop. Tell me if there are changes.

The skills triggers wont work if this map is intended for multi-player game. You should learn how to use hastables or indexing, or much better learn vJass or Jass. I also see small amount of leaks in the triggers. Also, you have to look out for those things that needs to be cached. But, this is a good improvement in this map. Keep up the good work and don't stop. Tell me if there are changes.
What do you mean by not working? I've tried and they work just fine, but with very simple triggering, and unfortunately, i don't know how those work. But i'll try :D
yes, the leaks too, i'll fix them someday.

Thanks!

edit: Also fixing the hotkeys :)
I know some of you think that there's no originality in the map, but once i figure out how to add another batch of dialogs in the start, i will add different modes. Like what someone suggested, you become. The dinosaurs, then need to escape from the robots or some other stuff, :D

Last edited:
*Bump*

Current Work:
Fixing leaks, and made some triggers shorter to make the file size smaller.
Changed some triggers, to work better.
Fixed some other bugs too.
Trying to lessen lag when the dinosaurs get angry.
Removed unnecessary variables and triggers.

Note: The next versions that I will be uploading will be protected due to some people editting my map, specifically "Proteam"

:D

I'll just attach a replay of me playing solo. (Easy, 30 Minutes)
Watch it if you would like to know how I play my own game lol.

Version 3a is out!
Lower file size, less lag, less leaks and a better environment!

Please suggest stuff, that I could add. So that it would become more fun and cool :)

Attachments

• jurassicparkphilippinessoloeasy.w3g
    156.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.