• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gold Mines and the Minimap......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok in my jurassic park map I have gold mines buildable for various reasons. In the beginning of the game its alright to build mines for there is a 5 minute antirush for humans to establish some defense/offense against dinosaurs.

Problem is once the rush is over and a lot or people scatter across the map in hiding places, if they build a mine the dinosaurs see the Yellow Dot on the mini map, obviously revealing himself.

Is there any way in the triggers or even simply in the object editor how I can remove that yellow dot from the mini map?

Also one thing, this isn't as important but how do I add a quest menu?

Thanks in advance :)

Level 4
Under object editor I do not see it but under Game Interface theres one Im guessing is the right one.

Icon - Minimap Resource?

Theres two more under that with (Entangled) and (Haunted) that im guessing is Entangled and Haunted mines, so the normal one is a normal gold mine.

What do I name the file path? Default is

UI\Minimap\minimap-gold.blp

Guessing with importing expereience I rename the filepath to minimap-gold.blp? or possibly delete it altogether?

EDIT: Also 2 more problems I ran into.

I need to set a Dinosaur win condition. I have right now a human team, raptor/dilophosaur team and a rex/allosaur team. I want it so if any of the dino teams manage to kill all of the humans(or Survivors as the game calls it; peasents) when I looked in triggers I found a way,

put the events as a unit owned by player 1 through 8 dies dinos win. But then realized, I also have a Love interest(Mine Slave) unit you can train. Making that trigger would make it if everyones love interest unit dies dinos would win regardless if humans are alive also. So how would I set up the dino win condition?

Last but not least, Player leaves notice. Whats the trigger that says to all players when someone leaves the game? A simply one where so and so has left the game is good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.