• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jurassic Park Philippines Map Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, can you help me here? The current version for this map is attached below.
I need more ideas about what I can add in the map. Like more units or modes or terrains or anything. That would really help me. Thanks :)

Download Here!

The terrain screenshots are from v 2d

Introduction
You and other explorers went to the first jurassic park in the Philippines!
You were riding your airplane to go there but, it exploded and crash landed!
So, now you need to wait for the rescue to come!
(The park is on palawan)
Commands
-alivedinosaurs
shows how many dinosaurs are currently alive in the map.
-selectme
selects for you your explorer.
-killeddinosaurs
-shows how many dinosaurs have died in the game.

Credits
Special thanks to the following:
olofmoleman for all the custom dinosaur models and a house icon! (They're great)
Domokun for turret gun model and icon!
Frankster for all the tank models! (They're great)
My friends who helped me in testing the map! (We had fun :))
Youtube for some of the sounds i used in the map.
eubz for the mansion model.
Stanakin for the house model.

Units and Towers
At the beginning, you are given an explorer
It can build the following:

Tent - You can return gold and lumber here. You could also go in. Can be upgraded.

Camp Fire - Provides you a fire damage to dinosaurs who come closer, and gives you large vision of the area that you placed it in. Can be upgraded.

Wood Wall - A weak defense. Can be upgraded until platinum wall.

Excavation Site - You can get money from here, because you sell the fossils to someone in the tent.

Energy Supplier - Provides you with energy (food) to make other buildings. Can be upgraded.

Basic Defense Tower - Can be upgraded to Missile Towers, Turret Towers and the basic Arrow Tower.

Basic Building Tower - Can be upgraded to a factory.

Basic Research Tower - Allows you to research different kinds to make better units.

Tips
You should focus on making robotic harvesters, first upgrade a factory from the basic building tower then, a robot research tower from the basic research tower then, collect money until you can buy. It helps you to harvest more and it will make the game easier.

Stay at the sides of the map, dinosaurs are more likely to roam in the middle parts.

Other Information
When the timer reaches 5 minutes left, there will be an earthquake, that will make the dinosaurs angry thats why they will be more aggresive. They will all be targetting you.
Watch Out!

Old Screenshots
Clash with the dinosaurs!

205436-albums4770-picture54935.jpeg

205436-albums4770-picture54934.jpeg

205436-albums4770-picture54933.jpeg

Tanks

205436-albums4770-picture54936.jpeg

We survived!

205436-albums4770-picture54937.jpeg

New Screenshots
Airplane cinematic
205436-albums4770-picture56364.jpeg

Plane Crash Effect
205436-albums4770-picture56365.jpeg

New terrain and damage system

205436-albums4770-picture56366.jpeg

205436-albums4770-picture56387.jpeg

205436-albums4770-picture56389.jpeg

205436-albums4770-picture56388.jpeg

I just added a few things to the terrain. I also fixed the descriptions for buildings and units. Made them with more info like DPS, HP, Armor and etc. I also added a sound effect for the part that the plane will crash land. Also added some new commands. :) I also changed the energy cap (maximum) to 200 so that players can build more towers and units. Added dialogs, for kicking, for modes, etc. Added some other things. Fixed some leaks. Added some units.

v3a beta:
Changed Cut tree to Burn tree, because it has more sense
Added Other Actions(includes Change Owner and Destroy)
Added Unit that gives of aura for dinosaurs when they get angry
Changed Some Icons
Added Commands -buildings, -dinosaurs
Made Tent, House, Mansion Larger. More to Scale. More realistic.
And some other minor differences :D

v3a
Made the environment more like in the morning.
Lowered the filesize by 200+kb
Protected the map
Less lag
Fixed leaks

Please Comment And Rate! And Also Give Suggestions Thanks :)
I have just updated the new version! The download is attached, version 3a! :D

205436-albums4770-picture56383.jpeg

Attachments

• Jurassic Park Philippines v 2c.w3x
    2.2 MB · Views: 156
  • Jurassic Park Philippines v 2d.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 110
  • Jurassic Park Philippines v 2e.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
  • Jurassic Park Philippines v 3a beta.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
  • Jurassic Park Philippines v 3a (P).w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Level 2
i've played it 4 times. (i have never made an map my self)

Once i started in the middle of he forest and couldnt move so u should fill the gaps in the forest or fix the starting locations. I must say i enjoyed the map. But you CANT win by your self. I took 40min game play and my resorses where flooding only thing keeping me from wining where the limited food

i've played it 4 times. (i have never made an map my self)

Once i started in the middle of he forest and couldnt move so u should fill the gaps in the forest or fix the starting locations. I must say i enjoyed the map. But you CANT win by your self. I took 40min game play and my resorses where flooding only thing keeping me from wining where the limited food
Thanks for playing :) When your explorer is stuck in trees you can use your ability "cut tree" to cut trees haha. I tried solo once for 30 mins I won :). I'll try balancing the game more.

Hey. :D
Anyway, I also think that your terrain could use a bit of variation; not just the Grassy Dirt tile. :)
You could try to save the Object Editor data (.w3o) and the Trigger Editor trigger data (.wtg) and reselect the tileset into something more convenient for the terrain.

Also, if you need some help (not suggestions), I could lend you some trigger advice; only if I know how or remember how. :)

Anyway, I can see this game has great potential. :D

I'm adding some new things for the next version:
Items
Heroes
Dinosaur Taming (making dinos your ally)
Changed music (because some people say its very annoying and creepy)
Maybe fix terrain? haha

edit:
Hey, can anyone help me make triggers for the camera?
I'm not very good at it, i want to make a 1st person
view camera, for a mode in the game.

edit:
I'm currently working on the terrain and it looks kinda great! :)
New tree model and New Tile
Gonna post the version maybe tonight :)

Last edited:
It's now getting better dude. Getting better. Also, thanks to Kobas for posting comments here. He really is a helpful moderator.
I'll now start improving the game.

Guys, do you know which world editor I could use that doesn't have a limit for doodads? because I wanted to put more but it said that i already reached the maximum. I think it was 8192? Thanks :)

Level 1
Looking to join the Team! ^^If Possible^^

Hiya,
I am looking into joining the risen team and have been going through the posts and watched your video on youtube about a month ago...

Anyway, my username is Grappemaker and I am a trustworthy and ready to work/learn for the team.

About this time your probably saying, what skills does "he" have to help us in our 'project'...

<----------WE SKILLS = 4---------->

Well,
I do good mapping of the terrains/doodads and "storylines" and have 'in my opinion' a descent amount of triggering.

When I mean "triggers" I'm talking about cinematics, animation, special effects, and quests/regions...

I would say cinematics, and special effects/animation, and sounds are my best... yet, I am not an idiot when it comes to quests and whatnot.

However,
My weakness' with WE are two things, clearing cache and tech trees...

Those two types of things I haven't put to much effort into learning yet if you and your team needs/wants me to I can, and do a damn good job at it if needed once you give me around a full day or two to learn it.

Im pretty sociable with 'teams' have done LOTS of betas and alphas for other games before, 'so I know what issues to look for...'

For Example: If you want me to test a level that you think is perfect but you just want to make sure because "we all have bugs/issues" then Im the person who can spot a spelling error/grammer and timing error...

The current project im working on is called "Teyiena's Journey - Part 1" and currently just started the campaign and would like helpers myself. lol

So if you would like to work on that too together I would be overly happy too.

Otherwise too that I think I could be a great help to the team and would love to join and meet the other members/become part of the team!

<-------------- RESPONSE PLEASE ------------->

If you could respond back ASAP and tell me how I could help "if I am accepted that is" than please feel free to get back ASAP and ill responed back in the matter of 30 minutes to a couple hours "depending on when I check for a response...

I hope I meet what you and the team are looking for. :)

[Note:] I also know a bit of html coding if need at all to add... just if need....
if im accepted than tell me how I can help the team and ill get right to work! I am able to work on WE for around 3 to 6 hours a day.

-Grappemaker

Nice but make the terrain not so flat. And damn.. Yeah you're so Asian lol. GU/JASS/vJASS got nothing on you and your calculator brain. :p

Good luck with the project.

might upload the v2d now!
Just gonna try it one last time :)

edit: Just uploaded v2d pls try it guys :)

TRY THE NEW VERSION!
TRY THE NEW VERSION!
TRY THE NEW VERSION!

Last edited:
Level 4
I'd never thought that the someone like me would create a great map....
Great job man although I'm kinda bored about Jurrasics maps right now,
well what's the difference about this and the other jurassic maps??

I'd never thought that the someone like me would create a great map....
Great job man although I'm kinda bored about Jurrasics maps right now,
well what's the difference about this and the other jurassic maps??
as for now, nothing much, but better graphics lol. That's why i need more suggestions from people in what to add or change in the game :)

Level 4
How bout a mode called, The Jurrasic attacks!

In this mode instead of being a survivor you would become one of the dinosaur hero you can choose. Each one of them has special techniques.

There are no survivors, instead a base (with robots) you must destroy (Repair robots with some tanks or just something) to free yourself from Jurrasic park.

Well it's just a small idea though and might be hard to implement well good luck on this project!

How bout a mode called, The Jurrasic attacks!

In this mode instead of being a survivor you would become one of the dinosaur hero you can choose. Each one of them has special techniques.

There are no survivors, instead a base (with robots) you must destroy (Repair robots with some tanks or just something) to free yourself from Jurrasic park.

Well it's just a small idea though and might be hard to implement well good luck on this project!
hmmm, good idea, but its kinda hard :) i'll try

Level 14
Survivors buffed every JP game. Now they build high tech tanks and missle platforms ^^

Good map, but I also got stuck between trees a few times on spawn. Perhaps put diffrent ground tile under the trees and set a trigger when survivors are spawned a condition would be the ground to be dirt, while the trees are on some other tile.

Level 4
Never knew there was a lot of Filipino's here until, well today :goblin_yeah:

Well good luck on your project man!!

Survivors buffed every JP game. Now they build high tech tanks and missle platforms ^^

Good map, but I also got stuck between trees a few times on spawn. Perhaps put diffrent ground tile under the trees and set a trigger when survivors are spawned a condition would be the ground to be dirt, while the trees are on some other tile.
Good idea, but im not in the mood to make maps right now haha

Might update v2e today, but not much change. Mostly prices, bounty, health, balances, fog effects, triggers. Also changed the icon of dinosaurs to something more appropriate. :)

edit:
will test it with other people in garena now. Pictures of the game attached.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_072112_110913_07.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072112_110913_07.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 2,927
  • WC3ScrnShot_072112_110852_05 (1).jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072112_110852_05 (1).jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 677
  • WC3ScrnShot_072112_110841_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_072112_110841_04.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 2,547
Last edited:
Hey, there are so many things you will need to do for your map.
1. The marine suit - The unit should only use a suit. It is not good to replace the unit with a marine model, else you might want to give him the ability to change into just a simple unit. But, as for me, you should only give him the attachment for marine suit and give him some abilities. The ability that a marine has. If the suit is taken out, remove the abilities you have given.
2. Leaks - I found many unit group leaks and location leaks in your map. Try to fix them. Mods will not accept a map having many leaks. I know that you already know how to fix these things.
3. Terrain - For the terrain, you need to polish it. There is already a great change on the terrain since the first upload. Make the terrain more smoother.
4. Map Initialization - There is a trigger that says "Elapsed Time 0.00 sec". This can just be changed to "Map Initialization.
5. Fuse Three triggers to One - Study the trigger below:
  • modes
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for lengthandhardness
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to easy
        • Then - Actions
          • Set limitforsomeunits = 5
          • Trigger - Run limits <gen> (ignoring conditions)
          • Dialog - Clear lengthandhardness
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cff0000ffEasy Game...
          • Dialog - Change the title of lengthandhardness to |cff0000ffLength Of...
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for lengthandhardness labelled Thirty Minutes
          • Set thirtyminsdialog = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for lengthandhardness labelled Thirty-Five Minutes
          • Set thirtyfiveminsdialog = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for lengthandhardness labelled Forty Minutes
          • Set fortyminsdialog = (Last created dialog Button)
          • Dialog - Show lengthandhardness for Player 1 (Red)
          • Wait (60.00 - (Real(secondstime))) seconds
          • Trigger - Turn on baby dinosaurs easy <gen>
          • Wait 90.00 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn on regular dinosaurs easy <gen>
          • Wait 180.00 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn on adult dinosaurs easy <gen>
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to average
        • Then - Actions
          • Set limitforsomeunits = 4
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cff0000ffNormal Ga...
          • Dialog - Create a dialog button for lengthandhardness labelled Thirty-Five Minutes
          • Trigger - Turn on baby dinosaurs Normal <gen>
          • Wait 80.00 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn on regular dinosaurs Normal <gen>
          • Wait 160.00 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn on adult dinosaurs Normal <gen>
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to hard
        • Then - Actions
          • Set limitforsomeunits = 3
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cff0000ffHard Game...
          • Trigger - Turn on baby dinosaurs Hard <gen>
          • Wait 70.00 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn on regular dinosaurs Hard <gen>
          • Wait 140.00 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn on adult dinosaurs Hard <gen>
        • Else - Actions
6. Moving your Dinos - Note that this trigger will leak if you don't store the area into a variable and the unit group also. Destroy it afterwards. The event is happening every 45 sec so there is no problem about it. Your notion is not correct "I didn't use a variable for the random location because it becomes only 1 place in the whole map." Please study the trigger below:
  • move dino
    • Events
      • Time - Every 45.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set RandomAllArea = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Set DinoUnits = (Units owned by dinoplayer)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in DinoUnits and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To RandomAllArea)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_RandomAllArea)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_DinoUnits)
I really love to see this map approved in the map section

1. The marine suit - The unit should only use a suit. It is not good to replace the unit with a marine model, else you might want to give him the ability to change into just a simple unit. But, as for me, you should only give him the attachment for marine suit and give him some abilities. The ability that a marine has. If the suit is taken out, remove the abilities you have given.

I will try to make a trigger to turn him back, i'm not quite good at these stuff, sorry lol

2. Leaks - I found many unit group leaks and location leaks in your map. Try to fix them. Mods will not accept a map having many leaks. I know that you already know how to fix these things.
Yes, i'll try, i can't finish it, because to much class and lazyness :)

3. Terrain - For the terrain, you need to polish it. There is already a great change on the terrain since the first upload. Make the terrain more smoother.
I'll think about it, i might ask the suggestion of others too, if it is better smoother or like this :)

4. Map Initialization - There is a trigger that says "Elapsed Time 0.00 sec". This can just be changed to "Map Initialization.
Well, some triggers say that they won't work on map initialization that's why to make sure, i use the elapsed time lol

5. Fuse Three triggers to One
I'll try to do this, but i kinda don't want to because it looks more understandable and arranged.

6. Moving your Dinos - Note that this trigger will leak if you don't store the area into a variable and the unit group also. Destroy it afterwards. The event is happening every 45 sec so there is no problem about it. Your notion is not correct "I didn't use a variable for the random location because it becomes only 1 place in the whole map." Please study the trigger below:
leaks destroyed
move dino
Events
Time - Every 45.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Set RandomAllArea = (Random point in (Playable map area))
Set DinoUnits = (Units owned by dinoplayer)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in DinoUnits and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Patrol To RandomAllArea)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_RandomAllArea)
Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_DinoUnits)

This is what i did. I meant that all of them patrol on a single place, the place only changes every 45 seconds. That's why i used my trigger because for a specific unit they have their own location to go to, that will kinda have equally spread out dinosaurs and less traffic. :)

Level 7
I like the idea and you've clearly put alot of work in it but I don't think I can bear to play a map with terrain like that, it just looks a mess!

You need to work on it or get a dedicated terrainer to look at it, the unit scaling is all off, huge amounts of units practicaly walking over eachother, everything is clumped up, I cant tell where one unit ends and the other begins. I can see little tile variation and from what i can see on the screen shots you have random bumps in the landscape. It just dosnt look natural. At all. Despite those nice looking trees you've imported.

Sorry to be negative, Im sure the game plays great but visualy your map needs work.

Level 29
Ok I only play this for 5 mins, and here are few suggestions;
- The beginning cinematic is not so good, the plane is destroyed then it's somehow revived at the start of the map...
- Your have so many trees, make it less and build falls/valley/river/planes/mountains etc...put schrubs/flowers/rocks etc...
- Instead of killing the tree, why dont you just use the shredder ability to gather that tree to make fire...

Instead of this;

attachment.php

can be like this or can be improved a lot;

attachment.php

- I cant say much of the triggering except there are position leaks and most of them can be heavily optimized like this...

• tame one trigger only
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tame (Level 1)
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tame (Level 2)
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tame (Level 3)
    • Actions
      • Set Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Less than or equal to (Level x 5)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Triggering player) and Change color
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: |cffffcc00The targe...

Attachments

• Help1.jpg
    Help1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 692
  • Help2.jpg
    Help2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 594
Ok I only play this for 5 mins, and here are few suggestions;
- The beginning cinematic is not so good, the plane is destroyed then it's somehow revived at the start of the map...
- Your have so many trees, make it less and build falls/valley/river/planes/mountains etc...put schrubs/flowers/rocks etc...
- Instead of killing the tree, why dont you just use the shredder ability to gather that tree to make fire...

Instead of this;

attachment.php

can be like this or can be improved a lot;

attachment.php

- I cant say much of the triggering except there are position leaks and most of them can be heavily optimized like this...

• tame one trigger only
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tame (Level 1)
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tame (Level 2)
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tame (Level 3)
    • Actions
      • Set Level = (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit))
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Less than or equal to (Level x 5)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Target unit of ability being cast) to (Triggering player) and Change color
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: |cffffcc00The targe...
I don't quite understand what you said about the cinematic.What do you mean It revives at the start of the map?

I'll try to add more stuff ,but i am not quite good at making designs, like what you said. Falls, Rocks, Shrubs,I'll also try to add animals and allow the dinosaurs to eat them to regenerate health or something. :)

Well, for the terrain you suggested, is kinda not appropriate, because the forest is a rain forest, so it means it is very rainy there. That helps plants to grow better. That's why its full of grass and stuff, and there's no blank terrain or dirt. :)

Okay, ill shorten the triggers. But for me it kinda makes it more understandable in my style.

Thanks for the criticism/ suggestions :)

edit:
Sorry to everyone who's expecting for updates, because i am busy with my studies, I even have classes on saturday, and I was the 1st honor in our batch last year, that's why people are expecting me to defend my rank or something so, please be patient thanks :)

Last edited:
Level 29
Dont double post! use the edit button...

In the cinematic the airplane explodes, while in the gameplay, the airplane is there...

Dinosaurs don't go inside forest coz they're too big to fit between trees, I displayed the image to tell you
that your terrain has 'sharp' pathways or not smooth, you need to flatten them a bit...also rainforest contains the things I just said...

Originally posted by mckill2009
Dont double post! use the edit button...

In the cinematic the airplane explodes, while in the gameplay, the airplane is there...

Dinosaurs don't go inside forest coz they're too big to fit between trees, I displayed the image to tell you
that your terrain has 'sharp' pathways or not smooth, you need to flatten them a bit...also rainforest contains the things I just said...

I still don't understand, that the airplane's still there, can you please post a screenshot so that i could see the problem? Thanks :)

Okay, I'll try to flatten it :)

Currently adding some features to the game. Including a Leader board that shows the kills, and a new Change Owner System. :). Also trying to test them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.