• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle/forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So... This is supposed to look like mangrove forest or something like that. What do you think about it?
wc3junglewip2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
I'm all critical today, so... I noticed how you rotated the trees. That was not a good thing to do cause trees tend to grow towards the light(up), they don't want do be perpendicular to the ground, they just want some sunshine. There. I said it all. Don't get offended, it still looks great!

Level 7
I'm all critical today, so... I noticed how you rotated the trees. That was not a good thing to do cause trees tend to grow towards the light(up), they don't want do be perpendicular to the ground, they just want some sunshine. There. I said it all. Don't get offended, it still looks great!
These trees hate sunlight :p

But anyway... I'll check what it could look like with a river... Though I'm not good with rivers. I'll update it with river if it looks good.

EDIT: Well... can't make it look very good:p

Level 34
I'm guessing that kind of tree sticks out of the ground by its roots? It look slike they would snap.

The doodad placement is decent, but it could use work. It's just spread out evenly. Try grouping things a little more. Make a couple rocks touching and add plants in between and all around.

A river would look nice. Do you know how to make rolling shores? Here is a good tutorial just in case.

Level 6
Looks good, although you should change the plant coloring to more fit with the whole environment, like make it more dark green. Also, you should add more doodads, at least more shrubs, grass, flowers and such to make it look more like a jungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.