• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How to make a Trigger that when a unit stands at the Circle of Power it will jump towards its facing with the unit's current speed?

Level 29
I don't know the math formula for a arc, but basicly its done with giveng the unit the Crow Form ability which automaticly makes him a flying unit, and then you can change his height.

Another really easy way is to use Cluster Rockets by making the hero invisible and the cluster rocket (use only 1 rocket) would look like the hero, then the timing would be ClusterRocketSpeed/Range (for example if its speed is 1000 and the range is 500, it will do it in 1/2 sec).
At the end you would move the hero instantly to that point and make him visible.
It looks pretty bad so I don't really suggest it.

• Unknown
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Current camera bounds)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • Set Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Point[1] = (Point[0] offset by 500.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to (Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) at ((Distance between Point[0] and Point[1]) / 2.00)
      • Wait until (((Region centered at Point[1] with size (100.00, 100.00)) contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True), checking every 0.20 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at ((Distance between Point[0] and Point[1]) / 2.00)
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)

[Notice] This won't be a arc at all, it will be a triangle jump.

You could also try to adept this system (no I didn't make it) to your map.

Ok seems I can't add it here since this is a edit, look next comment

Level 4
Sorry i forgot to add this...

What i want is only heroes can jump when standing in the circle of power.

Level 4
Sorry i forgot to add this... I have a unit that has an ability to create as many Circle of Powers as he want so that means Regions will not work. And also I don't want the unit (Hero) not to lose his Level , Experience , Stats , and Items.

I always forget things lol xD

Level 29
First of all, what the hell does changing level/items or whatever have to do with this ?

And back to your question, you could either making the event "a unit comes at 10 range from bla bla", but im not sure if the unit will need to actualy enter the circle to jump.

A second way is to change the terrain type on the circles locations and then check if a unit is on that certain terrain type.

Level 4
I'm sorry beacuse my friend borrowed my Laptop for a week so I can't test what all you are saying.

Level 4
I don't know the math formula for a arc, but basicly its done with giveng the unit the Crow Form ability which automaticly makes him a flying unit, and then you can change his height.

Another really easy way is to use Cluster Rockets by making the hero invisible and the cluster rocket (use only 1 rocket) would look like the hero, then the timing would be ClusterRocketSpeed/Range (for example if its speed is 1000 and the range is 500, it will do it in 1/2 sec).
At the end you would move the hero instantly to that point and make him visible.
It looks pretty bad so I don't really suggest it.

• Unknown
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point[0] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Point[1] = (Point[0] offset by 500.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to (Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) at ((Distance between Point[0] and Point[1]) / 2.00)
      • Wait until (((Region centered at Point[1] with size (100.00, 100.00)) contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True), checking every 0.20 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at ((Distance between Point[0] and Point[1]) / 2.00)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[0])
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point[1])

[Notice] This won't be a arc at all, it will be a triangle jump.

You could also try to adept this system (no I didn't make it) to your map.

Ok seems I can't add it here since this is a edit, look next comment

OK I already tried this and it didn't work :wsad:

Level 4
This is the trigger

• JP1
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TrigUnit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set JPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set JPoint2 = (JPoint offset by 500.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to (Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) at ((Distance between JPoint and JPoint2) / 2.00)
      • Wait until (((Region centered at JPoint2 with size (100.00, 100.00)) contains (Position of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True), checking every 0.20 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at ((Distance between JPoint and JPoint2) / 2.00)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_JPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_JPoint2)

Level 29
It does work, it just that it works when a unit enters the camera bounds.

You should (DUH) change the event to what fits you.

And why did you set that unit variable if you don't use it ?

Oh and by the way I spotted a mistake in my wait.
You should make the region centerd at "distance beetwin (Point_var1 and Point_var2 / 2)".

Level 4
And why did you set that unit variable if you don't use it ?
Oh. sorry i just forgot to delete that variable.

And oh... I think your trigger is not quite useful to me because I have a unit that has an ability to create as many Circle of Power as he wants. So how will I make it if the circle of power has no definite place/region or whatsoever?

Last edited:
Level 4
@Raft_pl
Well, how will I tell if it is in a range of circle of power? if there is no Circle of Power in the map? As I said before I have a unit that has the ability to create as many Circle of Powers as he wants. Meaning no Circle of Power in the Editor only in game.

@humpadumpa

what do you mean I can't understand you??

Level 6
the region is only at the position the unit is at the initialization.
you can do the event so that when a unit comes close to the circle, it will trigger.

• Unit - A unit comes within X of Your Unit

[Edit]: you can make the unit as a variable :)

Level 29
And back to your question, you could either making the event "a unit comes at 10 range from bla bla", but im not sure if the unit will need to actualy enter the circle to jump.

A second way is to change the terrain type on the circles locations and then check if a unit is on that certain terrain type.

Or you could first see what people wrote before you comment with questions already answerd.

Level 4
Why don't anyone understand what I am saying? I said there are no Circle of Power in the Editor Map only in the ingame when the owner of the unit that has an ability to create a Circle of Power creates a Circle of Power. So if I click the select unit there will be no Circle of Power 000 gen or whatsoever there.

Level 4
I tried that already and it didn't show up , i tried variable type Unit ,if it is wrong then What is the variable type?

Level 4
Hmmm... maybe I can set the AOE of a buff into 50 then when the unit has that buff it will Jump. But I don't have any idea how to do this.

Level 4
Rules in posting just like in other forums there are site rules.

That is the edited form and i also tried the not edited the one that you said to me.

Trigger:

• JP1
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • (Escaper 0020 <gen> has buff Jumper) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set escapers = Escaper 0020 <gen>
      • Set JPoint = (Position of escapers)
      • Set JPoint2 = (JPoint offset by 500.00 towards (Facing of escapers) degrees)
      • Unit - Pause escapers
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to escapers
      • Animation - Change escapers flying height to (Current movement speed of escapers) at ((Distance between JPoint and JPoint2) / 2.00)
      • Animation - Change escapers flying height to 0.00 at ((Distance between JPoint and JPoint2) / 2.00)
      • Unit - Order escapers to Move To JPoint2
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from escapers
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_JPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_JPoint2)
      • Unit - Unpause escapers

Level 4
yes the unit did get the aura , the unit that is displayed above which is already edited by me is working but the unit is seems to be not jumping and after it changed its form into a Crow it doesn't go back to its original form :wsad:

Level 4
Well I will send you the map and the reason for the variable is just for the shortcut because i will make all the units in the map like that , well you will understand that after you had opened my map.

Level 29
Ok I found the problem, you set the same variable (escapers) to 11 units every 0.01 seconds.

Dude, I don't know if you made that map and it doesn't matter, its coded like cr@p... REAL CR@P.
I could fix all this given time but im too lazy for it and I don't want to make your map for you ... lol.

Level 4
lol you have nothing to fix there only the waypoint and the jumper and that map is not originated by me i just continued it.

Level 4
Enough of my map I am not asking help for the leaks I have no time for that And I already checked them all using the tool Leak Check, I nid the fix for the Jumper.

Level 29
I already told you whats the problem >.<
You make the jump based on the unit variable called "escapers".
All the ice triggers (didn't check the other triggers, maybe there too lol) set "escapers" to 11 diffrent units every 0.01 seconds.

Who the hell made this map ? >.<

And don't trust your leak checker, all the ice triggers leak (again, didn't check the others).

Level 4
I already told you whats the problem >.<
You make the jump based on the unit variable called "escapers".
All the ice triggers (didn't check the other triggers, maybe there too lol) set "escapers" to 11 diffrent units every 0.01 seconds.

The problem is the unit is not like Jumping and after it turns into Crow Form and after that It doesn't go back to its original form which is a Hero.

Who the hell made this map ? >.<

And don't trust your leak checker, all the ice triggers leak (again, didn't check the others).

You can see it at the Map Loadingscreen.
and about the leaks PM me about them this is not the right topic to discuss with that. That is not included in the title i made for this Topic.

Level 29
You really don't like to listen to me, do you ?

You order escapers to do stuff, 0.01 seconds after you orderd, escapes becomes a diffrent unit, ta dam >.<

And its not as if we must post only stuff concerning the title lol.
What ever, if you don't want my help just ask somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.