• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Disfiguration Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I am now having a couple problems. One of my units has a Jump ability and a trap ability which seem to effect each other.
Here is the jump code.
  • Jump Activate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Jump
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Trap
    • Actions
      • Set Jumpto[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Casting unit)
      • Trigger - Run Jump <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Jump
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Unit - Make Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face Jumpto[(Player number of (Triggering player))] over 0.01 seconds
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Unit - Turn collision for Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Off
      • Unit - Make Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Invulnerable
      • Animation - Change Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] flying height to 300.00 at 900.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Jump Movement <gen>
      • Wait 0.20 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Jump Movement <gen>
      • Unit - Make Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face Jumpto[(Player number of (Triggering player))] over 0.01 seconds
      • Animation - Change Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] flying height to 0.00 at 1500.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Jump Movement <gen>
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Jump Movement <gen>
      • Animation - Change Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))]'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Unit - Turn collision for Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] On
      • Unit - Make Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] Vulnerable
      • Unit - Unpause Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
      • Set Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = No unit
  • Jump Movement
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))] instantly to ((Position of Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) offset by 3.00 towards (Facing of Jumper[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) degrees), facing 0.00 degrees
here is trap code..

• Trap
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Trap
      • (Ability being cast) Not equal to Jump
    • Actions
      • Set Trap[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Environment - Create a 0.10 second Permanent crater deformation at Trap[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with radius 200.00 and depth 350.00
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 180.00 at Trap[(Player number of (Triggering player))], dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Environment - Create a 5.00 second Permanent crater deformation at Trap[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with radius 200.00 and depth -350.00
When I use Trap on a unit without jump they teleport into the spot they put the trap and when I use Trap with the unit that has both Trap and Jump he can only Jump even if I click Trap.

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks for tip I will try it!

If I have alot of players trapping at the same time do I need to arry the variable?
Thanks for your help PurplePoot.

Now when the unit casts the spell they are transported into the center of the terrain deformation.

Another unit I have has a jump ability and the trap spell does jump for him but for all the others trap works as trap.

Last edited:
Level 40
Would you like me to rename your thread to Multiple Spells with Problems - Help! or something of the like?

And you can remove the Ability Being Cast not equal to xxx. If they're interfering, that means that they're based off the same ability, which is an object data problem. You cannot have 2 spells work correctly if they have the same base orderid, which means if they're based off the same spell except with channel or spellbook; you can change the base orderid of those spells.

Level 3
Your my hero PurplePoot!! No need to change anything becuase it is solved! Look for you name in special thanks!!

By the way how do you change the Base Order ID?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.