• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Johanson Chronicles based on the lightning brigade maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales of Johanson
by mouse

I was bored so I started writing a story based on my game Road to Honolix, this is the first installment of the story which tells the beggining of the story before the point in which the map starts at. For those of you who have never played my maps the reason I am named lightning brigade is because I created a map series starring Captain Johanson who is the lead mercenary of the lightning brigade.

Johanson had been on the road for many days now, looking for a job. Surely now that he had killed the Dume worm he would be hired by anyone. No one had ever defeated the giant worm that plagued the short, quick, dune men in their desert land, much less subdued it and killed it without it's devastating poison touching him and his men and killing them within forty-eight hours. No...no one had ever done that. Dume Worms were rare, as they only breed once every 500 years. That meant they bred twice before they died, not nearly enough to populate heavily. Even so, they were very hard to kill, and this one was particularly nasty. He walked with his troops behind him, as one of the Mercenary Lords, through a dank cave that led into the Hunhun Valley. Mercenary Lords were mercenaries who rank and file would allow to be led by, they often had a mercenary troops as large as small armies. Johanson often had 12-16 troops near him at a time and he was proud of it. “Sir” said a footman “We are approaching the Hunhun Valley, since we are in the area we should look a job at the palace” Johanson replied “Agreed, we will head for the palace immediately.” The troop headed towards the palace, which was relatively near the entrance to the valley. They approached the gates as night fell.
Johanson approached to the guard and spoke to them with an air of confidence “I am a mercenary my good sir, I am here to offer the king my services” the guardsman replied “Of course, the king has a rather... difficult... job to ask of you” Johanson thought it over “I can do most anything he offer” the guard spoke again “Of course, then I shall lead you inside” he offered “Leave your mercenaries out here.” “Of course” said Johanson “Take me to his majesty.” As Johanson approached the throne room, he wondered what job the king might offer him. Should he not have heard of Johanson's impressive reputation he might not offer him such a great job. He would rather not perform another job of killing some bandits that plague the area... Ya... No more of those.... Being a mercenary wasn't all it was cut out to be, in fact sometimes he hated it. It often depended on how weird things got, because sometimes, with the world he lived in, things got pretty weird. It was a weird world... He looked up, they had finally arrived at the throne room. The king looked at him inquiringly and asked “What is yure name my goot sirrrrr” Johanson replied “My name is Johanson” he said a surprised by the king's accent, usually only the humans who lived on the other side of the ocean spoke like that. He could tell by the texture of his voice that this man hailed from Western Curmua. “Yue are sureprised by my acsent, no?” said the king “All oof the naetive Hunhuronian's hail from Curmua soomwhere in thee anshient passsst” he then addded “The guards from the palace moostly coem froom a place like were yue war raissed.” “So, what would you have me do?” said Johanson “I hear you have a major job, and I'd rather not have another 'bandit' mission” “Marshinnwann will fill yue inn on thiss mishin” Marshinnwann entered the room “Helo cap'n I'm ere to fill yue inn” said General Marshinnwann “We wish you to clear the wayy to honoleexss, once you clear the way all the way up to the island caffe our dear General Grenndal will meett yue therr, but eenuff of thzat be off” “Of course, I must be off then how much are we talking in pay anyway?” said Johanson “20 million estaths, and sence Hunhuron has ae viry prooportionate exchange rate, thzat iss a loot of monee.” Johanson headed back outside and spoke once again to his men “Men we have our job!” A Dorfish Dwarven Gunman replied “what it be then boy?” “Get ready to ready to place our over that cliff ye over there, we're heading to Honolix...”

End of Chapter one

Johanson woke up at 3:00 in the morning... very early... too early... He tried going back to sleep but found he could not. So he went out of his tent and sat with the watch. “Hello boys, I've been thinking we should head off in the next hour” said Johanson “I'll get the packs sir” said one of the watch, a footman. “Hmmph, I left the military to be a mercenary just so I could sleep in” said another footman “Oh come now boy, we are running a tight operation, and if you don't want to die at this very point by something that may not want us doing just what we're doing, then we'll wait till sunrise” proclaimed Johanson “Hrrrmmmbbblllph” grumbled the footman. They set off towards the path and discovered what seemed to be large wells. “Hmmmm, interesting” said a Gray Elven priest “What is it?” said Johanson also wondering, the Gray Elves were experts of magic and magistry which means that the priest most likely sensed something related to magic. “These pools will restore life and mana, their very essence will empower us if we stand near them, if we drink from them we will be able to travel for miles without any effort whatsoever” exclaimed the elf “Very interesting” said Johanson “Let us all drink from the fountain, we will make more progress with helping magic in our bodies” They continued on through the grassy plains, but as they approached the route into the desert, they found that the path had been blocked with a ravenous landslide that had engulfed the entire area and made it impossible to pass through without some heavy duty climbing. “Looks like this way is blocked...” said johanson “So much for the designated path...”
Luckily, there was a level path in the immediate vicinity, several yards back from the landslide. They headed forward on the thick brush, and traveled into a small wood. Suddenly, they saw a campfire in the distance in a small clearing, and as they approached they saw several Soldiers. They were dressed in strange turquoise armor with a symbol of an off-silver hand holding a fire in it's palm with red cross over the picture. Johanson knew that symbol by reputation, they were the slightly off-silver hand and they were the most powerful army of fanatics on the northern continents, although they were fanatics by reputation, not all were fanatics, most of the real ones existed on the upper echelons. There might be a chance to reason with the rank and file. The troop stepped towards the scruffy soldiers, Johanson stepped forward and greeted them “Hi there, we are just passing by, we have no need of any trouble good sirs.” one of the men, obviously the leader stepped forward and replied “We have no need for people 'just passing through' how do we know of your intentions?” “I am just a mercenary leader, my troop and I must get to Honolix quickly” said Johanson, he stepped forward to go past but the soldiers stopped him “You'll be going no where, if you're supposed to be a mercenary then you'll do us a job!” one of the soldiers added under his breath “make him jump in a lake boss, heh heh, heh heh” the lead soldier ignored him “We want you to kill an orc leader several miles east of our position, however it's not a straight shot, more of a twisting road that goes kinda up and down and...well...you get the picture, it should take a week to get there and back” Johanson replied “How's the pay?” The man twitched a little “We'll pay you in weed, and we'll let you live” he said “WHAT!!!??” screamed one Johanson's mercenaries “I'm sorry sir, but I believe that the answer that's on all my mercenary's mind is that we cannot promise that we will get this done, I'm sorry sir, we are forerunners to war, not high soldiers” said Johanson. The soldiers suddenly looked appalled “You think you're so smart, eh mercanry?” said the leader “Well we'll show you who calls the shots around here, to arms men we will kill these stragglers!”
The soldiers attacked, but Johanson found that they were well trained. They were outnumbered but they were holding out. Johanson managed to stab a hole in one's arm but he fought on. The priests did a good job with their healing magix healing the mercenary wounds. Finally, one of the knights jumped off his horse and landed on one of soldiers, knocking him to the ground and immobilizing him. Johanson used his trusty hammer to smash open his helmet, then stabbed the screaming soldier between the eyes. This inspired the mercenaries to fight harder. They finally forced each and every one of the remaining eight soldiers to ground as johanson smashed their helmets open and stabbing them between the eyes. Johanson did not feel remorse for these fools and finally, the battle was over, Johanson remarked “So falls the idiots who dare cross us” said Johanson “A true soldier would keep fighting even while facing death, not pleading for mercy in the face of inevitable death” then he added “Come boys we must continue on.” Suddenly, several women came out of the trees “Hey boys, we saw what happened and we are impressed” then another said “we think we'd like to join you...”

End of Chapter 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.