• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[On The Eastern Front]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
On The Eastern Front
"My love, I am writing this to you during an hour of need, an hour of my need. This may be my last letter to you dear Aleksandra, but know, no matter the debt I owe to you, the times I have missed to be with you have long been paid by the horrors I have experienced in this bloody struggle against invading Germans. I will never forget you my darling. Sincerely Dimitry Lien 8\07\1941." Dimitry was sitting on the icy ground inside his tent, writing with pencil nearly used down to the eraser. His eyes flooded with tears, as he wrote this letter. His hands quivered, and his skin was cold to the touch. Dressed like all Soviet military men, upon his head rested a rusty, decayed metal helmet, and his chest was covered by a heavy grayish jacket covered in fur. The star-lit sky illuminated this frozen wonderland, and sparkles covered the landscape of snow in a tsunami of bright beautiful white. Snow drifted from place to place, and curled in the wind, but this beautiful sight would soon die out, and be overwhelmed by combat, death, and decay. Across from Dimitry's camp his allies sighted a Nazi command center on the other side of a plain of snow. It was an open easily defended location. To cross this plain of snow the Soviets would need more than a few good men. When morning struck, the Soviet soldiers awoke to hear gunshots.... "The Germans are attacking!" Screamed a Soviet soldier. Dimitry quickly grabbed his rifle, and ran outside. Snow sprayed into his face from the impact of light machine gun bullets, imparing his sight. "Get down you idiot!" His superior exclaimed. Dimitry was confused, and dazed by the flurry of snow that hit him. He dropped to the ground, and rubbed his eyes with his icy gloves, while his allies were being dropped like flies by enemy light machine gun fire, and sniper shots. He lifted his head from the ground to look up ahead of him. He saw a Soviet soldier running ahead toward the gunshots, shortly-there-after a sniper shot hit the snow next to Dimitry's left arm. Jolting from his position on the ground ahead into a small trench infront of him, he fell into the trench ontop of an ally. "The hell is wrong with you!?" Said his ally... "I'm sorry I just trying to-" *BOOM!* He became cut off by an explosion. Hearing became slightly impared to everyone in the area. "The Soviet bombers are here retreat! Retreat!" A German yelled into the brisk air. Soviet bombers unleashed a hail storm of machine gun fire, and small explosives on approaching Germans. Dimitry crawled out of the trench with his allies, and began running into the plains in a berzerker's rage. The Germans at the command center began mounting MG-42's emplaced inside windows, and behind sandbags. Dimitry cried out "MG-42's get down!" He, and nearby conscripts began taking cover behind debris, sandbags, and tank traps. He looked over his right shoulder to see a fellow soldier firing a scoped Mosin_Nagant. MG-42 fire ripped into his flesh, blood spraying from his lifeless corpse as he fell to the ground. "We need more snipers" Said Dimitry... "I'll get his." His comrade the the left replied. His comrade crawled out from the sandbags they were entrenched behind, and made way towards the dead soldier's scoped Mosin_Nagant. He was invisible to German machine gunners from that distance, and he was covered in snow. While he was grabbing the sniper Dimitry opened fire on approaching Germans attempting to regain ground. "Get back here." He yelled... "I can't hit them from over there." His comrade replied. The approaching Germans were getting picked off by Soviet fire, but were still advancing. "If we can hold them off there won't be anyone left to advance." Said Dimitry's comrade... "What's your name?" Said Dimitry... "Yuri, Yuri Reska." Replied the allied conscript... "Well Yuri I like the way you think. Now get over here!" Yuri jumped out from behind the tank trap, and ran to Dimitry's right side behind the sandbags. A German soldier through a grenade up into the air, which landed beside Dimitry "Run!" He howled... They sprung from the sandbags like bullets streaming through the sky, quickly sprinting to the cover of a nearby statue to their left.The explosion lifted the snow up from the ground, and rained it down over their heads. "The Germans are retreating! They're retreating!" Shrieked another conscript. All of the Soviet soldiers lifted up from their cover, and began raining death on the enemy command center, and retreating soldiers. The MG-42 gunners were easily cut down by the surge of Soviet gun fire, and any retreating soldiers were even more easily killed. The Soviet soldiers began crushing down on the command center like a tide of water crushing down on a shore. The building sitting over the front of the German entrenchment, and was supported by four columns holding the front end afloat, and it was drenched in Nazi emblems engraved in red flags, and small group of Soviet soldiers began lighting Molotov Cocktails, and launching them at the Nazi flags. "Alright, come with me soldiers." Said a Soviet officer. They creeped through the three doorways, and into the once Nazi occupied rooms. "All clear." Whispered the officer. Yuri, and Dimitry were right behind him, and were slowly walking up a stairway. At the top of the stairs was a wooden door. The officer tried opening it, but it seemed to be locked. "Everyone behind me step down a few stairs, and get ready to run in." He unvoiced. He lifted his rifle, and aimed at the left top corner of the door, and opened fire. Then he quickly fired at the bottom left corner... Causing the door to fall off of it's hinges. On the other side of the door sat a German, perched in a chair behind a wooden desk. Atop the desk sat a Luger handgun, close within reach of the German, and a tactical knife lodged into the top of the desk, piercing a piece of paper. "You fucking Russians... *Cough*... Always so quick to claim victory." Said the German. He appeared to be bleeding from a bullet wound in his leg, and as the blood slowly poured onto the floor, Soviets began advancing into the room suspiciously. The Soviet officer befuddled by the German's easy surrender, reach his arm over the desk to grab the Luger... "I'll take that" He said "Go right ahead. You won't be needing it where you're going, ha- *Cough* *Cough*" Replied the German. "Comrade Comissar! Comrade Comissar! It's a trap!" A voice cried out from behind the Soviet officer. It was coming from a back room to the left of the desk, and up against the wall the Soviets entered from. "Stay here, and watch this fascist piece of shit" Said the Comissar, as he walked toward the room. He stood on the left side of the doorway prepared to lunge into the room with his weapon drawn. Like a bolt of lightning he struck into the room. His mind did not believe what his eyes beholded. "Get out of the building!" Dimitry, and Yuri stared into each others eyes for a short second, until the Comissar screamed "It's a damned bomb run!" Everyone quickly tried to clear out of the room piling into the stairway... The bomb was set to detonate in one minute, and thirty seconds. Escaping the blast radius in that amount of time would be a tall order. Dimitry was leading the way of the group attempting to escape. He, and the rest of his squad including Yuri had arrived at the bottom floor, as they rushed to the doorway they heard gunshots, and screaming. Dimitry had been shot by Germans hiding in trenches sitting afront the enterance, and they began mowing down the escaping Soviets... The Soviets were perplexed, and unable to escape their inevitable deaths. The Comissar ran out in a blitzkrieg of his own firing the Luger he had obtained early in a furious rage. "You bastards!" He screamed as he fell to the ground from enemy gun fire. Soon after that an explosion erupted from the bomb inside of the Nazi Headquarters shaking the earth while it slowly fell to the earth covering the area in a fog of smoke ash, and flame, killing everything within 30 yards of the HQ. These are only small streches of the imagination as to the pain, and suffering endured by people of all cultures at the hand of war.

"There is no evil, but that which man creates." -xRiotZx

Status
Not open for further replies.