• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Jobs that arent for LOAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want my game to have these job things werte you get paid per hour but you dont have to do anything. Its not a LOAP game its more of a hero areana but i want to make it so that the higher level you are the better job you can get and the more money ou can make to buy items. I want it so that if you have this job item you get payed every ten seconds. Example: If hero has item taxi driver in slot 1 and is level 10 give him 30 gold every 60 seconds. Can someone pls do a trigger that works that follow what i just said and then post the triggger.

Level 9
if you look at the code behind run kitty run. I believe it has somewhere in there something that says check every 30 seconds for conditions.

So what you want is a trigger that checks every hero in the game for a specific item like taxi driver and if the trigger is true then give him 30 gold.

I think looking at run kitty run code might help you figure out what to do.

Level 8
make a trigger that only allows job items to go into the first inventory slot

place all the job items’ types in an “item type” array and cross reference it with an “integer” array containing the gold per hour for each job

use a loop to run through the “item type” array and compare each item with the item in each hero's first inventory slot to get the amount to be paid

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Please DO NOT request triggers, if your to lazy to try other people will be to lazy to make it for you. . .

Well anyway, appon buying an item you need to run the hero level checks, if the hero is too low it removes the item.
Then you simply have a loop that adds X to the players gold every 10 seconds where X is a global variable that is set when you get the job and set to 0 when you leave the job.

Level 5
OK a really dont get any of this. The reason why i requested for someone to post a triiger was so that i could look at that and do it on my map. When you guys just talk about this I get confused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.