• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

JNGP starts as normal WE? Wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
an already unpacked one I downloaded from the page of the server I'm using

You used the same download previously? Have you perhaps tried a different download? I'm not an expert on downloading it, since I still have my install CDs, but I had a buddy who was having issues after downloading it, and he tried a different torrent and it worked after that. Perhaps there is something wrong with the wc3 you downloaded. If there was, it could explain how, when you started up a new map with reg WE, it wouldn't work.

Level 12
Yes. Should. But I've seen weird things happen when downloading games. dll files don't work correctly or files are missing. Who knows. All I was saying is that perhaps a different source may yield positive results.

As I said, I don't have to worry about it, since I have my install cd's. But as with anything downloadable, anything can happen. For instance, my roommate had to manually patch his game (He also has cd's) after he reinstalled it, whereas I did not. Loose example is loose, but the point is made I believe.

BBQ

BBQ

Level 4
My War3 is an already unpacked one I downloaded from the page of the server I'm using. It worked before too and it has the latest patch. After that I just downloaded the JNGP an replaced the required files.
If your WC3 was "downloaded and already unpacked" (and most likely pirated, sorry), then you do not have the necessary registry entries.

There are many "registry fixers" available for WC3 (I've no idea if I'm allowed to link you to them—so I won't, but if you're able to call people idiots and jackasses, then surely you'd be able to find it yourself). When the "registry fixer" does its job, run the we.bat batch file. It should said that it has found the required stuff and start up the WE.

Level 16
If your WC3 was "downloaded and already unpacked" (and most likely pirated, sorry), then you do not have the necessary registry entries.

There are many "registry fixers" available for WC3 (I've no idea if I'm allowed to link you to them—so I won't, but if you're able to call people idiots and jackasses, then surely you'd be able to find it yourself). When the "registry fixer" does its job, run the we.bat batch file. It should said that it has found the required stuff and start up the WE.

It seems we have a winner. The we.bat says it couldn't open two registry keys. After the use of registry fixer the error disappeared. However, the JNGP itself still don't want to work.

If you read back I was only offensive with people who couldn't take the effort to read.

Level 12
Oh, right. the reg keys. I completely forgot about them. and yes, unpacked meant it was probably pirated, I was giving the benefit of the doubt, and didn't want to start accusations. For instance, I have a buddy who had to find a torrent even thought he HAD his CDKey, since his install disks wouldn't work, and he couldn't get the official blizzard download to work properly for some reason.

Now that the reg keys are working, have you tried to reinstall JNGP? That's what I would do.

Level 3
your talking about something not comun and has no sense so it's kinda hard to help with no solution it apears cuz everyone gave milions of solutions just format and it has to work, because if it doesn't you know whats the problem :D

Level 16
your talking about something not comun and has no sense so it's kinda hard to help with no solution it apears cuz everyone gave milions of solutions just format and it has to work, because if it doesn't you know whats the problem :D

That hurts my eyes....
I had to fix it up to read.

You're talking about something that is not common and has no sense, so it's kinda hard to help with no solution. It appears because everyone gave milions of solutions just format and it has to work, because if it won't you know whats the problem :D

However, I still don't know what do you mean..... I know it's not common but it makes sense..... There are solutions, I already know one but I can't do it until I get back my original OS. "Everyone gave millions of solutions" - If someone gave me a solution then it wouldn't be a problem right? "Everyone gave millions of tips that could cause the error" - That's more like it.
Aaaaand yeah you just told me the solution that I can't do since I don't have the OS.... If it won't help then I don't know the solution...

Level 14
Well since with that OS it worked and it's the first time I'm using this OS. It's really impossible that it wouldn't work with that OS.

Marsal, It is not the OS. I can assure you that!
In fact I can setup a VM with the exact same OS as you are running while making JNGP work.
There is no denial in that.

If this issue still is not solved, could you grant me permission to access your desktop once more so I can give you a solution?

Level 16
Marsal, It is not the OS. I can assure you that!
In fact I can setup a VM with the exact same OS as you are running while making JNGP work.
There is no denial in that.

If this issue still is not solved, could you grant me permission to access your desktop once more so I can give you a solution?

This os is a cracked one so it can be.

I'll be home in 9 hours. Then we could try again it.

Status
Not open for further replies.