• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JLA vs. Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
WB Enterprises, the makers of the insanely popular Completely Customizeable MechWars, is developing a map to pay homage to the great legends of the DC and Marvel Universes. The map is an AOS style map in which teamwork is an absolute must.

The map is planned to be open source and we are looking to team build currently. Positions currently open are for:

1. Modeller. Modifying current models via skinning and creating NEW models to adequately mimic the heroes’ various powers. It is considered that this position is key to the success of the map, we do not have in house capability for this.

2. JASS programmer. I consider myself to be a GUI programmer extraordinaire, however, its time to step up to JASS for this map. I admit I will be using this person to learn JASS, however many of the abilities in this map must be multi-instanceable. Thus JASS is key.

3. Terrainer. Can be done in house, however we suck at it. A good terrainer would add much to this map.

4. Idea man. We like our ideas. Sometimes we like them too much LOL. Another person to bounce ideas off of is always good. If you are a true DC or Marvel fanboy, this is a good spot for you.

PM me if interested

Level 1
DUDE! I made an exact map like this wayyyy back and posted it here even. I never got around finishing it but you can use for ideas and stuff.

I dl'd the map. You have some cool ideas in there! Are you interested in working on our new map? Can I have a copy of your map unprotected?

ThySpektre

Level 12
I loved MechWars, so I cant wait to see this. Good Luck. What server is MEchWars hosted alot on? Its not US East as far as I can tell, I'm there but I never see it except once.... so good luck with this. As far as positions, I have tried to learn to terrain but am not really good but would if no one else volunteers for it. But Im not super good so....meh

Level 1
I loved MechWars, so I cant wait to see this. Good Luck. What server is MEchWars hosted alot on? Its not US East as far as I can tell, I'm there but I never see it except once.... so good luck with this. As far as positions, I have tried to learn to terrain but am not really good but would if no one else volunteers for it. But Im not super good so....meh

Thanks,

I usually see it on East as that is where I play the most. I'd expect it to be on the other servers as well...

ThySpektre

Level 7
Ideas ideas ideas thats all im good for maybe small skinning projects too but i might be better at skinning something that has no skin (aka:Just made model) cause the other skins hold me back due to fear of changing them too much.

But no real promises for the skinning though i have plenty of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.