• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I presume you downloaded vJass.

For vJass to compile, you need third party software called JassHelper.

You can find JassHelper integrated into map, hooked into save map function inside Jass New Gen Pack(I recommend 2.0.7, the newest one for now)

Level 4
Post what you tried to use and we will see. Usually it is some syntax error.

Some jass systems are actually vjass which is not supported by the default editor.

i use teh other editor NewGen and about errors it don't shows shit, its like im trying to create a hacking software to infiltrate into government database and insta-error + crash sometimes

(this one: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999)

Level 4
Make sure the automatically import variables are on, and check if there's a GUI file inside the spell you're importing.
Some Jass resources (normal Jass) uses GUI variable which needs to be imported separately.

Its like im talking to a tree lol, even the maps i downloaded from hive doesn't lets me save them(not just mine)

Point: it's not what you are talking about

You sure you're using NewGen + Latest JassHelper (bundle in 2.0.7, mentioned by Edo)?
Some maps here uses VJass in most part, and JassHelper plays a lot in that. In addition, you need to use the correct JassHelper. Some maps only compiled under Cohadar, though most compiles with Vexorian. In case of normal Jass, both compiles them properly.

The issue mentioned in my earlier post applies in case of importing, but this one applies in almost all cases.

You need to show the error to let us know what's the actual issue, in addition, your JassHelper settings.

EDIT :
Maps below 1.24 are prone to these syntax error due H2I has been patched (why some famous campaigns are corrupt, both editor and in gameplay)

Level 4
You sure you're using NewGen + Latest JassHelper (bundle in 2.0.7, mentioned by Edo)?
Some maps here uses VJass in most part, and JassHelper plays a lot in that. In addition, you need to use the correct JassHelper. Some maps only compiled under Cohadar, though most compiles with Vexorian. In case of normal Jass, both compiles them properly.

The issue mentioned in my earlier post applies in case of importing, but this one applies in almost all cases.

You need to show the error to let us know what's the actual issue, in addition, your JassHelper settings.

Can you give me the latest Helper version you talking about? (link)

i downloaded this one and pasted it in the newgen http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=88142

No Responding after showing "JASS ERRORS" http://i.epvpimg.com/QnHxf.jpg and i must restart pc or close the process through Process Manager to open world editor again

I really need spells and Jass looks promising 60 kb and cool spell, Trigger Spells 2mb each spell

Level 4
Yes, that's the very same JassHelper, the B version is latest so far.
http://blizzardmodding.info/4263/the-jass-newgen-pack-jngp-2-0/msg40876/topicseen/#new

In that case, show the error you encountered compiling the maps.

Holy fuck i succedded, i didn't have to replace everything from the jasshelper rar, just the exe and the other one. :D Genius David strikes again

Quick question guys: Is it possible to click Test Map like on the original editor and the map starts in test and everything?

Btw thank you guys i will release the full version in 7 days, there will be atomic bombs planes everything, Soviet Union vs NaZi Zombies! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.