• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As some of you may or may not know, thehelper's has started a wiki for Warcraft 3 modding, especially for but not limited to JASS.

I am not here to advertise the wiki, I'm actually here to talk to this community about it.

If you have ever seen [code=jass] tags on thehelper (i.e.: Click Me!) you will see that the tags link to corresponding articles in the wiki.

The wiki is not meant to be a thehelper only project. The idea is that all who can contribute from all sites should do so, so that all of us have a better database to learn from. But I'm not here to tell you all to work on the wiki.

Rather, I want to propose a change for your community.

The [code=jass] tags are rather useful in their form on The Helper. One can simply click on a BJ to find out how to inline it, a native with an unknown function in a library can be selected to find what it does, or a type you've never seen before can be clicked to find a description of it. This helpful functionality should not be limited to TheHelper. I have talked to my friend and The Helper Administrator, Miz, and he seems happy to lend the code to do this to your site. Additionally, Ghan_04, administrator on both sites, could probably help integrate the system if he has time.

How does The Hive feel about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.