• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Jass API

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, I've been searching for a Jass API and I can't seem to find any other than the one on jass.sourceforge.net which (as I far as I can find) does not explain what the methods actually do (methods? Functions? whatever they're called). Is there an API that explains what the methods do? I'm looking for something along the lines of the Java API (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/index.html).

Thanks!
-NightfangII

Level 29
You can read this or this or this (this are more tutorials then APIs).

You can read the JNGP Manual (comes with JNGP) including everything that is added in JNGP plus explanations about it.

For normal Jass API you can either use JNGP's function list, or enter the J files (common.j and blizzard.j) which include everything in warcraft, may it be functions, constants, and any other thing (open them with any text editor, for example - 'Notepad').

By the way, methods are just functions inside structs, that's all.

Level 3
Okay, I kinda skimmed the tutorials, but it doesn't help much.
I downloaded JNGP and searched the file for a manual and didn't find anything useful (I'm on a Macintosh so I can't run JNGP).
And common.j and blizzard.j just have the functions, not descriptions, right?

And I said methods because I'm used to Java.

Level 5
I downloaded JNGP and searched the file for a manual and didn't find anything useful (I'm on a Macintosh so I can't run JNGP).

There isn't a complete description for Jass functions like the java sun API has. Most Jass functions are pretty straightforward in what they do, just going by name. If you have any questions regarding the use of some, just ask here.

Level 29

Oh I thought you wanted to know vJass.
Those tutorials and the JNGP manual won't help you if you can't use JNGP.

Anyway as Drone said, almost all of the Jass functions do what their names state they do.
Since you can't use JNGP, I suggest for you to use JassCraft (I think it can be run in any OS) which gives you a function list, text highlighting, and a syntax checker (will save you from crashing in WE 101391248192458 times).
Click here to download JassCraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.