• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ivony tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is suppose to be a loading screen for a map "Shadows of Everwood" I'm doing with with my team.
-Feedback is welcomed and needed. Thanks.

*Update*
-Fixed the grass on the left.
-Added more depth.
-Added trees to make it feel less empty.

*Update*
-Added grass on rocks.
-Tinted the river rushes.
-Delete the flames.
-Made glows bigger.

*Update*
-Fixed the over-sized tree from the last updated version (I really don't know how it got so big).

Attachments

• LS2.JPG
    LS2.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 265
  • SOEW1.JPG
    SOEW1.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Ivony Tower1.JPG
    Ivony Tower1.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IvoryTowerFix2.JPG
    IvoryTowerFix2.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Level 6
I like the army a lot, how you only illuminated parts of it really works well, and contrasts to the lava in front of them

Isn't there a really good tutorial on lava, I think the main thing is add a orange/yellow coloured glow above it and sink the lava slightly around edges.

Grass could be made shorter/darker, but I think it looks fine anyway

+rep

Level 36
The lava looks perfect, so I dont get why people complain about that >.> And I agree with Belg, the grass needs a little rework. But dont remove the current grass model completely, just make it LESS spammy and have some other... plants, as well.

I'd try to work a little on making the background seem more in depth also, I mean, it isnt the end of the world, but it could have a little more depth.

Level 11
really like the whole army thing...and the lava is just fine
what i dont like is the background,as keiji said,add more depth to it and i dont like that redish light/fog,maybe make an orangeish-red or something,but thats just a personal opinion...if you like it that way dont change it
great terrain overall

Level 18
suggestions :
-Get rid of those uprising flames on the lava all together.
- Fix those fogs so that its not as obvious that they are fog doodads ( make them bigger)
- i like the grass. but it looks really square with those rocks. perhaps tilt some grass and make some grass stick out the rocks or just get rid of some of the grass so that its in patches.

other then that i think its FREAKEN AWSOME, great work bro

Status
Not open for further replies.