• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Items and triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want some of my items to do special things such as create a time machine which reverses time. The problem I have is that I don't know how to make an event that triggers when an item of the specified type is used.

I have found 2 events that might work, but I don't know how, these events are:

• Unit - Any Unit uses Ability at Generic1 - Any stage (Ignore shared abilities)
and

• Unit - Any Unit Uses Any Item
Of what I've seen, the second one only works if the triggering item is already put out on the map before the game starts.

Level 6
Sorry, It runs when the item is used. What I ment was that there is no way to check if it's the right item type. Even though it's "Any item", you can't create a condition that checks if it's the right type of item that was used.

Level 6
Ok, I found the solution. I didn't know before that items were units. What I had to do was to use the "Unit type of Unit" condition and set Unit to be Triggering Inventory Item.

Status
Not open for further replies.