• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item summoned units!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a wierdo problem, hope you can explain it to me.

I have made a unit called stinkbomb, (based on an ordinary serpent ward).

The stinkbomb has an ability, disiease cloud (neutral hostile). Now, when i place out the stinkbomb with the unit pallette, enemies get affected of it in-game. But when i use an item to summon it in-game, no units get affected by the cloud.
Why? Should i base the stinkbomb on another unit?

But it all seems wierd when the ability only works when the unit is pre-placed in the editor.

Level 24
it's pretty safe to assume that it has something to do with the fact that you're summoning units, this can mess a whole lot up, for example if you designate something to specifically have a teamcolour, like i made a unit that always looked like it was owned by red no matter who i placed it for, summoning it would give it the colours of the player that summons it.
it's also equally possible that it's the fact that you're giving a ward an ability, maybe use something like inferno or dark portal to summon one.

Level 6
Hmm, or use a trigger and then w8 and remove it by trigger. But i have fixed it now, and i think i know why it was "bugged". By using another base summon spell, (item furbolg summon) instead of the (sentry ward item), i could make it work. And it seems that it depends on the data text. You see, on ward summons, the data string is:

data - ward unit type

while the others non-ward-based are:

data - summon - unit type

This must have something to do with it, and i think that you must use the real summoned ward if you're using the ward-summon as a base.

And now i have tested with healing ward based ability to summon, and the unit is based on healing ward too. And it woorks! Halleluja!

To clear things out, if you roll over a problem like this, mind the base unit and base ability. You should use those who are based to be used together as often as possible.

Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.