• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] problem with an ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok i wanted to do this ability where caster makes up a cloud and when the caster is in this cloud it gets invisibility in an aoe of 400.
I tried making basing it off serpent ward, made a dummy unit with the cloud model and then this triggers.

Trigger Cloud CAST
Events
Unit - A unit spawns a summoned unit
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Summoned Unit)) equal to FindMe_Dummy
Actions
Unit - Kill FindMe_Dummy
Set FindMe_Caster = Triggering Unit
Set FindMe_Dummy = Summoned Unit
Trigger Cloud SET
Events
Time - Every 1.00 second
Conditions
FindMe_Dummy not equal to No unit
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
Integer(Distance between (Position of (FindMe_Caster)) and (Position of (FindMe_Dummy))) less than or equal to 400
Then - Actions
Unit - Add Permanent Invisibility to FindMe_Caster

Else
Unit - Remove Permanent Invisibility from FindMe_Caster

with this when i cast the spell it casts the dummy unit but caster doesnt get invisibility.

Whats wrong?

Last edited:
Level 4
Edit your post by adding him trigger tags:
Interesting trigger; this is only a suggestion. I don't know what could be wrong with your trigger, part with integer for measuring distance is wierd for me...

Anyway why don't you add dummy a spell based on Human Sorseress-Invisibiliy; edit the spell duration to infinity.
Then create trigger whic detect if unit have buff invisibility in AOE of Dummy, if its out remove/dispel invisibility from unit or something like that.

I hope its helps you....

Level 3
Let's see here...
Trigger one: Event: Unit Begins Effect of Ability
Condition: Ability equal to "Invisable Cloud"
Actions: Create 1 'dummy' (with invulnerability and locust abilities, and model of the cloud) at position of ability being cast.
Add a 'x' time limit expiration timer to last created unit.
Set last created unit = 'Unit Variable'
Set triggering unit = 'Unit Variable 2'
Trigger-Turn on trigger 2
wait 'x' seconds
Trigger- Turn off trigger 2

Trigger two: Event: every .01 seconds
Actions: If/Then/Else
If- Real- Distance between 'Unit Variable 2' and 'Unit Variable' is less than or equal to 'Whatever distance you want'
*and*
Boolean- Hero- Level of 'permanant invisibility' for 'Unit Variable 2' not equal to 1
Then- Add permanant invisibilty to 'unit variable 2'
^^^ This will add the invisablity if the unit is within range and doesn't already have it. Make another If/Than/Else function, but instead of the distance being less than or equal to, make it greater than, and the other condition should be Level of permanant invisibility is equal to 1, then your action is to remove permanant invisibility.

Level 3
arksword how you do
Boolean- Hero- Level of 'permanant invisibility' for 'Unit Variable 2' not equal to 1

i dont find it

Level 3
doesnt work =(

meh i guess ill make it more simple, base it on wind walk and when i cast it it creates the dummy unit, works alright

Last edited:
Level 3
Create a dummy unit with the model of the cloud and and an ability like endurance aura with no enhancements change the buff of it and give it to the dummy.

also create a variable that is of type unit group.
set the <variable> = units within whateva range matching unit belongs to an ally of Player 1 red

events every 0.20 seconds or so

Actions unit group
picks every unit in <variable> and do actions
unit add ability whateva the invisibility spell is

Im dont have my warcraft3 by me so i think this what you need to do
later on in the day i will post exactly what you can do if you havent got it working by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.