• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Summoned Units and Goblin Land Mine Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. When I made a new ability based off of Summon Water Elemental, I changed the summoned unit to Frost Dragon. Ingame when the unit is summoned, it still refers to the Frost Dragon as a Water Elemental in the bar that counts down the units time. How do I make it say Frost Dragon?

2. I need an ability for a unit that is called "Place Land Mine." It is a Orc Fel Peon that will have the ability, and I want it to be as follows.
It is an ability, when a player clicks on the icon to place the land mine, the pointer turns into the blast radius marker that appears when you use the Item Goblin Land Mine. When the player places the mine the unit walks over and drops the land mine. Each mine cost 100 gold and there is no numerical limit on how many you can lay. How can I do this?

Level 9
1) Change the buff. The name of the buff is what will appear on the experation timer bar.
2) Reveal is the only ability that costs gold; however, you can always triger the cost. You could trigger the creation of the mine or base the ability off of a targetable summoning spell (i.e. Serpentine Ward.) If you want the spell to target like an AoE spell, base it off of Stasis Trap.

~The_Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.