• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item spinner

• Love
Reactions: deepstrasz and Nevo
This is a simple model that rotates and produces a small sparkle effect. Used for attaching items onto so that you can have nice looking items on the ground.

This model uses the Orc Rampager shield. You can change the model to anything by editing the MDL attachment filepath.

Code:
Attachment "Item" {
	ObjectId 1,
	Path "Orc_rampager.mdx",
	Parent 0, // "Bone_Center"
}

Keywords:
spinner attachment effect
Contents

Item spinner (Model)

Reviews
Wolverabid: 25 June, 2007 7/10 In addition to following the author's instructions, this model may be used with an attachment or item trigger.

M

Wolverabid: 25 June, 2007
7/10
In addition to following the author's instructions, this model may be used with an attachment or item trigger.

Level 1
How does it work. I don't get it. Should i change the "Attachemnt Items" path or what? plz make a simple explination.

Level 4
I've never used Jass. Can anyone tell me where to put this code, and how to make a specific model spin?

Level 2
As I see that many users are desperate about this great model and due I felt same way some time ago, I want to explain shortly how to use this:

1) Download the MDLX-Converter here

2) Use this tool to convert the model from .mdx to .mdl

3) Open the .mdl-file with a text-editor

4) Find the line "Orc_rampager.mdx" (normally by pressing Ctrl + F) and replace it with any other model you want to spin around ingame (example: "Sword.mdx")

5) Save the file under a new name and convert it back to .mdx (via MDLX-converter...)

6) Import that new .mdx file to your map and also the model you chose to attach (where you have to remove the "war3mapImported\")

and at last 7)
...use the spinner as model for your item!

Hope I could help someone with this.