• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Can spellbook be applied to an item ?

EDIT:
Yeah, it can, lol never knew this :D

When you click on the item, it will bring you to the menu of the abilities at the unit's command card (just like you normally open a Spell Book).
This of course will be unlimited amount of abilities because you can put a Spell Book inside a Spell Book, that is inside a Spell Book-ception.

Level 21
That's a really nice way to go past the limit. :grin: If I set Used Actively to false, I won't be able to click the spell book, right? And does disabling the spellbook also work for items?

Yep, can't click then.
Disabling a spellbook is completely unnecessary, because what the editor calls "Disable" is actually just hiding and turning off. Since spellbooks don't truly contain or do anything, then disabling spellbooks is only used for hiding their icons, which you don't see on items.

Level 33
Why would you want to disable it anyway ?
It's useful if you want to have hidden passive abilities on a unit via this way, but with item, I don't see much of a use.

UNLESS, you want to enable/disable Spell Book ability(es) inside another Spell Book.

Level 33
As I said, it's useful if you disable passive abilities to stay hidden, but it' meaningless to hide an active abilities, because how on earth you want to activate it if you hides it ?
You can however, activate it via triggers, but again, it's pointless and a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.