Item Orb Effects not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I've made 2 swords. The first one is an ice sword that obviously slows enemy units. Opening the world editor, it's ability is "Melee cold damage bonus". It seems to have a fixed slow rate. In the abilities section, I can't seem to change it so I removed the abilityand changed to Slow (orb version). When I tested it out, it didn't slow enemy units at all.

The second sword is similar. It's a fire sword that shpuld burn enemies for 5dps. I've changed its ability to immolation and customized it but the outcome was like the first sword. It didn't work on the target unit.

Level 24
So I've made 2 swords. The first one is an ice sword that obviously slows enemy units. Opening the world editor, it's ability is "Melee cold damage bonus". It seems to have a fixed slow rate. In the abilities section, I can't seem to change it so I removed the abilityand changed to Slow (orb version). When I tested it out, it didn't slow enemy units at all.

Orb of Frost uses a fixed slow amount like all other frost abilities ingame.
Orb of Slow only fires if you force an attack order.

Also Slow (Orb version) refers to the actual effect ability, the ability you are looking for is Orb of Slow

The second sword is similar. It's a fire sword that shpuld burn enemies for 5dps. I've changed its ability to immolation and customized it but the outcome was like the first sword. It didn't work on the target unit.

I am not sure what youre getting at here.
Did you add the default Immolation ability to an orb? If so then it obviously doesn't work as Immolation is a toggle-able non target.

Level 3
So, what ability should I use in that sword? It's impossible if there isn't. Just look at DotA's "Eye of Skadi" or Trax' Frost Arrows or Abaddon's sword.

Uhm, then what ability should I use? Something with a hit-then-burndps thing.

Level 24
So, what ability should I use in that sword? It's impossible if there isn't. Just look at DotA's "Eye of Skadi" or Trax' Frost Arrows or Abaddon's sword.

Eye of Skadi uses Frost Atack as a base, the slow effect is hard coded to all frost debuff abilities. You can however change it via gameplay constants.

Frost Arrows are an active, that's a different story entirely.

LoA's passive is based of any of the various buff placers that can be made to slow. Poisons (all 3 varieties), Liquid Fire all work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.