• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item list [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
This thread is outdated. I may start updating it again once we get the new inventory system into the map, as we possibly will redo an item or two, making this thread useless. But i will leave it as it is now, as people may play on old versions.. and need this.. (Ye, ye, i couldent come up with something better :p)

136024-albums1734-picture13122.png
Basic Sword
Type
One-handed Sword
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+4 Damage
Desc.
A simple iron sword.

136024-albums1734-picture13122.png
Training Sword
Type
One-handed Sword
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+8 Damage
Desc.
A sword that was used to
train minions.

136024-albums1734-picture13409.png
Broad Sword
Type
One-handed Sword
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+18 Damage
Desc.
A true warriors sword fits for
any adventurer.

136024-albums1734-picture13410.png
Hefty Sword
Type
One-handed Sword
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+24 Damage
Desc.
This sword is so heavy its almost
impossible to hold!

136024-albums1734-picture13411.png
Burning Claymore
Type
One-handed Sword
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+20 Damage fiery attack
Desc.
A legendary sword engulfed
in flames.

136024-albums1734-picture13412.png
Frozen Claymore
Type
One-handed Sword
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+17 Damage freezing attack
Desc.
An icey sword covered in
mysterious runes.

136024-albums1734-picture13414.png
Clan Axe
Type
One-handed Axe
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+4 Damage
Desc.
All barbarian clan members are
given this axe upon initiation.

136024-albums1734-picture13413.png
Axe of Might
Type
One-handed Axe
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+28 Damage
Desc.
An extra large war axe designed to
cleave your foes in half!

136024-albums1734-picture13416.png
Thunder Axe
Type
One-handed Axe
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+14 Damage lightning attack
Desc.
A lightning based axe claimed from the
dungeons of Tristram Cathedral.

136024-albums1734-picture13415.png
Flaming Axe
Type
One-handed Axe
Slot
Weapon
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Barbarian
Effects
+28 Damage fire attack
Desc.
A flaming axe that boasts an array of
bloody scars that only add to its ferocity

Coming Soon!

136024-albums1734-picture13123.png
Leather Armor
Type
Leather Armor
Slot
Armor
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Any
Effects
+2 Armor
Desc.
An old leather armor.

136024-albums1734-picture13127.png
Ruined Ancient Armor
Type
Scarlet Armor
Slot
Armor
Req.
None
Rec. C.
any
Effects
+2 Armor
Desc.
This armor must have been quite
expensive.

136024-albums1734-picture13418.png
Boney Chestpiece
Type
Bone Armor
Slot
Armor
Req.
None
Rec. C.
any
Effects
+2 All Stats
Desc.
Is it an armor or just a
collection of bones?

136024-albums1734-picture13419.png
Pandiablo Robe
Type
Cloth Armor
Slot
Armor
Req.
None
Rec. C.
any
Effects
+12 int.
Desc.
A robe made for the agile caster.

136024-albums1734-picture13128.png
Leather Pants
Type
Leather Pants
Slot
Legguards
Req.
None
Rec. C.
Any
Effects
+1 Armor
Desc.
Some old leather pants.

136024-albums1734-picture13124.png
Explanation
Type
The type of the item
Slot
What equipment slot it uses
Req.
The Items Requirements
Rec. C.
Recommended Classes
Effects
The items effects
Desc.
The items description

Last edited:
Level 17
You should call the Basic Sword, ''Short Sword'' or ''Gladius'' (The name of the roman short sword), both name were used in Diablo II, and fits quite well.

What about Agillity, Intelligence and Strength requirements?

We are going to add that in the future i think.
But its totally useless if you dont have save/load and cant choose your own stats so now it would pretty much just destory everything :p

And this is just a thread, it will not have the same layout in the game but i will put all item requirements in the same line here.
Example: str 21, agi 36, lvl 8, barbarian

Also, CloudWolf said this to me a short time ago "Well, all the items will have to be reworked anyway. :)"

I dont remember what he replyed on but i save some stuff to remember whats going on and whats going to happen =D

Level 17
and... will you update this some day or this are the only items that you hav so far? xD

ehrmm... honestly.... yes. xD
Its CloudWolf that makes the items now and not me and that way it takes time for me to get access to the items that is made so i will have to wait a while for each item.
But when 1.18 is released i will fill in all items (that CW think should be added) in this list (maybe keep some epic items secret :p).

EDIT:
THREAD UPDATED, Added 4 Swords, i will keep updating it.

EDIT2:
THREAD UPDATED, Added 4 Axes, -||-

EDIT2.5:
THREAD UPDATED, Added Icons to all Axes, -||-

EDIT3:
THREAD UPDATED, Added 2 Armors, -||-

EDIT3.5
THREAD UPDATED, Added Icons to all Armors, -||-

Last edited:
Level 9
I like this map as an overall, but I see the items rather, hmm.. boring?
They are not very original, and I belive in 1.17 anyways, non' of the items were connected to the triggers. You just used the default WcIII item system, and for the items, it was mostly some damage/armor and some + to one attribute..
- You know, for Diablo II anyways, 'Items had original and fun stuff and did more than just one thing, some did like 10-15 different things. Try to make your items modify stuff like "Increase Level of all 'Some Class' Spells", "Better Chance to get Magic Items on Drop", "Chance to cast 'Some Spell' on melee hits", "Light Radius", "Life Steal", "Mana Steal and "Experiance Gain", I promis you it will make this map even better.

But ofcause, IF you like to create tons of boring items, it's fine with me x) sorry :)

Level 17
I like this map as an overall, but I see the items rather, hmm.. boring?
They are not very original, and I belive in 1.17 anyways, non' of the items were connected to the triggers. You just used the default WcIII item system, and for the items, it was mostly some damage/armor and some + to one attribute..
- You know, for Diablo II anyways, 'Items had original and fun stuff and did more than just one thing, some did like 10-15 different things. Try to make your items modify stuff like "Increase Level of all 'Some Class' Spells", "Better Chance to get Magic Items on Drop", "Chance to cast 'Some Spell' on melee hits", "Light Radius", "Life Steal", "Mana Steal and "Experiance Gain", I promis you it will make this map even better.

But ofcause, IF you like to create tons of boring items, it's fine with me x) sorry :)

Uhmm. Do you even know about our new inventory system that we have been working for about 4 months with that will be released in 1.18? :S

And yes, the items is freaking boring the most of them, but becouse we still lack the amount of spells and does not have an attribute customise system yet we can not do so much about it. And we have been talking about adding other stuff LOOONG ago but adding stuff like "better chance to get magic items" doesnt seem to be usefull becouse you wont be able to save and you wont notice the difference in the short time its useful.
And Experience gain would be inbalanced at the moment.
And we already have a mana steal spell for witch doctor.

So well, its not so much we can do at the moment.
And keep in mind, im not the one who is creating the items anymore, i just created the inventory system and made this thread.

Level 19
Uhmm. Do you even know about our new inventory system that we have been working for about 4 months with that will be released in 1.18? :S

And yes, the items is freaking boring the most of them, but becouse we still lack the amount of spells and does not have an attribute customise system yet we can not do so much about it. And we have been talking about adding other stuff LOOONG ago but adding stuff like "better chance to get magic items" doesnt seem to be usefull becouse you wont be able to save and you wont notice the difference in the short time its useful.
And Experience gain would be inbalanced at the moment.
And we already have a mana steal spell for witch doctor.

So well, its not so much we can do at the moment.
And keep in mind, im not the one who is creating the items anymore, i just created the inventory system and made this thread.

If we decided to make the save/load system only to store scores and not items we could in theory create totally randomized items.

Consider this, items in our maps use multiboard description to describe what they do. Also the new inventory system can support a really large amount of abilities. Okay now you know the basics I'll explain my idea.

Basically we could in 'theory' create a system which randomized what kind of abilities, stats and so on the items would provide. It doesn't stop there the system could also provide randomized description according to what abilities have been tied to it. This would mean that we would no longer need to precreate items but let items be randomized in the game itself. This could dramatically increase the replayability of the map. I haven't really thought this through fully but that's the basic idea.

Once I remake the inventory system I'll try to figure out if this is possible.

Btw, JakeCake, if you haven't seen the new inventory in action check this short video of it in action. It's not done yet but you're welcome to give criticism.

Correctly, but ist not very ''steal focused'', more like slaughter all nearby undeads and get a small reward... xD

Anyway, it does not destroy any of the enemies mana, but takes some of the enemies hp and convertes it to some hp and some mp for the wich doctor...

PS: This is kinda off-topic in the item discussion section...
So if you want it to steal mana, contact me in the spell effect section :)

Level 13
Uhm why aint any of the axes nor swords two handed? I mean Broad Sword Axe of Might sounds like two handed weapons.
Btw Pandiablo Robe Shouldnt be for "any" class, it should only be for witch doctor and wizard. Except if ofc you've changed something since last ver.

Level 19
Uhm why aint any of the axes nor swords two handed? I mean Broad Sword Axe of Might sounds like two handed weapons.
Btw Pandiablo Robe Shouldnt be for "any" class, it should only be for witch doctor and wizard. Except if ofc you've changed something since last ver.

It would be possible to make but it'll require a bit of work. The thought never occur to me to implement two handed weapons feature into the inventory system.

Level 17
Should be easy to implement but for now we're probably not going to do so.

That was actually a plan before, right?
We made a system so that only barbarian could dual wield and we was going to make so that it was possible to have two-handed aswell.
But since all items is rushed, they are still regular items like the ones you had in the standard inventory. Not anything special yet.

Level 19
That was actually a plan before, right?
We made a system so that only barbarian could dual wield and we was going to make so that it was possible to have two-handed aswell.
But since all items is rushed, they are still regular items like the ones you had in the standard inventory. Not anything special yet.

I never had in mind to create the two-handed function. Although because the inventory is highly customizable it should just require a boolean or two.

Level 17
Yeah we've been waiting for ages XD But dont just make stuff in a rush either :D It needs to be working, else its really bad :p

I have been waiting longer then ages, i have been waiting months for my inventory to get done and get in the map, haha ;)

We doesnt really have so much to do, just a small thing here and a tinny thing there, then we are done.
And it seems like im suppost to make a skill tree for 1.19, or maybe 1.20 cus that will take a while for me to make :p
But more info about that.

Level 19
I have been waiting longer then ages, i have been waiting months for my inventory to get done and get in the map, haha ;)

We doesnt really have so much to do, just a small thing here and a tinny thing there, then we are done.
And it seems like im suppost to make a skill tree for 1.19, or maybe 1.20 cus that will take a while for me to make :p
But more info about that.

Before you start please contact me first. I and CloudWolf have been discussing the layout and it's functionalities which we believe would make it epic.

Level 17
Why make a skill tree when you have ONLY 15 items. Its really lame. Before making the skill tree you should try and making at least 50 items. It's really boring when your playing and getting the same items again and again. Moar i says! :D

Why posting in a 4 months old thread?
Specially when we will redo items and that this thread is very very outdated now.

Level 17
I did just say above that you should not post in this thread becouse its old, and then two more people comes and post? I wouldent have to lock this topic if you guys didnt came here afterall. I just feel that this topic still isnt done.. but i guess i close it and open it again if i decide to update it.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.