• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

item drop system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
im trying to do item drop system. my map has so many units some shouldnt drop items, some should. and some only should drop if they are killed by certain player. wc3 vanillia drop system would be the best to do that but there is a problem. too many items might drop.

so my question is if you use wc3 vanillia item drop system is it possible to somehow stop fully futher drop chance of items from units if it dropped alreday 5 times?

Level 3
Make an integer variable and call it Item_Maxed_Count or whatever. I assume you want to have a max of 5 items dropped at the same time? Need info

Level 11
Make an integer variable and call it Item_Maxed_Count or whatever. I assume you want to have a max of 5 items dropped at the same time? Need info

upload_2020-4-30_23-15-18.png

i think u dont get what i mean excatly i mean if u set drop item like this using the wc3 defeault option is it possible to make it that globally on whole maps no more than x5 draggers of escape than drop?

Level 3
But you CAN do this with just three triggers, right? I have no experience making an item-heavy map like that. If I would make a trigger I would do this:

Event: Item enter playable map area
Condition: Item equal to dagger of escape
Action: set variable Item_max5 +1

Event: Item leaves playable map area
Action: set variable Item_max5 -1

Event: Item enters playable map area
Condition: Item_max5 (variable) = greater than 5
Condition: Last created item is equal to Daggers of escape
Action:
Remove last created item

Level 11
But you CAN do this with just three triggers, right? I have no experience making an item-heavy map like that. If I would make a trigger I would do this:

Action:
Remove last created item

oh that would be it but the question is wont it lag? game if its big map

Level 3
I dont think so, the trigger only checks its condition when an item drops. Im sure this can work. Map size wouldnt matter, it depends on the rate in which items are dropping ;)

Level 28
You can use itempools : Itempools Guide

Action:
Remove last created item
You cannot detect when an item enter playable map unless you periodically check if the item is on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.