• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creep Not Dropping Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my project, there's this one particular creep that wasn't dropping items like it should be. It's just the custom item table drop like the rest of the creeps, but its drops are inconsistent. For context, before the creep turns hostile, I set it as neutral passive. Now when the sequence ends and it becomes hostile, it usually drops items like it should be. Sometimes it doesn't drop anything. It's weird because whenever I quicksave before the fight and when I load back, it does drop items (or don't).

My question is, are there some unwritten limitations of the custom item tables that I'm not aware of? For one, this particular creep has 4-5 item tables, each dropping only 1 item. The rest of the creeps in the map drop 1-3, and it works flawlessly. I can simply trigger the drops, no problem with that, but I'm just curious if I'm missing something here on why this 1 creep has inconsistent item drops.

Level 6
I have a similar problem in one of my maps. But its not a creep, but a player controlled unit and there's an event that'll make the unit change owner.
Any items added into his drop table, never drop after his dead for some reason.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any reason behind this bug yet, and it seems its just one bugged unit at a time, so either use a trigger for drop, or make the item drop after dead and put it in the inventory, or just use another unit.

I have a similar problem in one of my maps. But its not a creep, but a player controlled unit and there's an event that'll make the unit change owner.
Any items added into his drop table, never drop after his dead for some reason.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any reason behind this bug yet, and it seems its just one bugged unit at a time, so either use a trigger for drop, or make the item drop after dead and put it in the inventory, or just use another unit.
There's another group of units that have that change owner event, but they drop the items normally. It's such a weird bug, but I guess I'll just trigger the drops for that one unit. Still, I'd like to know if others have some inside knowledge about unit item drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.