• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do you set the item drop as group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I am working on my new map and I was allowing some creeps to drop some items, so I double clicked the creep, went to "Items Dropped", "Use Item Table From Map", "Edit Map Item Tables", "Add Table", "New Set", "New Item", and I want to choose group but it is grayed out. How do I go about enabling it?

Level 20
Are you aware that choosing it will make the drop work just once for that creep alone, only if you pre-place it in the Editor?

The best way around is Triggering it.

Level 11
Alzoom said:
and I want to choose group but it is grayed out. How do I go about enabling it?
what do you mean by that, also using your method, when the creep dies and it respawns, the creep will not continuing to drop those items, so i do not recommend you method but if your creep only spawn once then your method is fine.

Level 2
ok honestly I don't know exactly how to do this but basically i want the creep to drop a random item but i don't want them to drop like campaign ones that have no use so i want it that they drop random, not including some exceptions which would not drop.

Heres a hypothetical example of what I mean:
All Items:
-Purchasable
-Artifact
-Campaign
(HYPOTHETICAL)
But I only want all of the items in the Purchasable and Artifact set instead of all items, you follow? Is there a way I could do all except a specific set? If so how? (Hopefully I explained it better here)

Level 20
1. Create a Item-Type variable ARRAY
2. Create an Integer Variable
3. Create a Point Variable

• Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Actions
    • Set ItemType[1] = An Item
    • Set ItemType[2] = An Item
    • Set ItemType[3] = An Item
    • Set ItemType[4] = An Item
  • Events
    • A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • Random Integer between 1 and 100 is less than or equal to *Your Drop Chance*
    • Unit Type of (Triggering Unit) is equal to *Your Creep*
  • Actions
    • Set PointVariable = Position of (Triggering Unit)
    • Item - Create 1 ItemType[Random Integer Between 1 and 4] at PointVariable
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointVariable)

That's a way to do it, however, it sucks. If you want a drop System use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-15-a-190986/?prev=search=Adiktuz&d=list&r=20 wich allows you adding an specific Item-Drop list for any unit you want, each Item wich its own chance for each unit (I mean, a Boss has 99% chance to drop a Great Item, while a noob slime has 0.01% chance to drop the same item)

Level 12
ok honestly I don't know exactly how to do this but basically i want the creep to drop a random item but i don't want them to drop like campaign ones that have no use so i want it that they drop random, not including some exceptions which would not drop.

Heres a hypothetical example of what I mean:
All Items:
-Purchasable
-Artifact
-Campaign
(HYPOTHETICAL)
But I only want all of the items in the Purchasable and Artifact set instead of all items, you follow? Is there a way I could do all except a specific set? If so how? (Hopefully I explained it better here)

do you want it to have a chance to not drop item ?
do you want it to have a chance to drop 2 items at once ?

how many chance of dropping does Purchasable have ?
how many chance of dropping does Artifact have ?
how many chance of dropping does Campaign have ?

below i make an example trigger of the random class drop.

• ItemDrop
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ItemDropChance = (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemDropChance Less than or equal to 25.00
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Item - Create (Random level (Integer A) Purchasable item-type) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemDropChance Less than or equal to 50.00
          • ItemDropChance Greater than or equal to 25.01
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
              • Item - Create (Random level (Integer A) Artifact item-type) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemDropChance Less than or equal to 75.00
          • ItemDropChance Greater than or equal to 50.01
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
              • Item - Create (Random level (Integer A) Campaign item-type) at (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
From the above trigger, if a unit owned by neutral hostile dies(you could change it to whatever you want), Random Class Drop item will be created at the (Position of (Triggering Unit)) with 25 % chance to drop Purchasable, 25 % chance to drop Artifact, 25% to drop Campaign, 25 % chance to drop no item, and 0% chance to drop 2 items at once.

here is a test map consist of that trigger, i also add a text to check what class that the monster drop (no drop, campaign, artifact, purchasable), you could erase it later.

Attachments

• d.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.