• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Item Description Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! I usually use this format when making custom items to fit with melee maps but I find it restrictive when making the more famous items as there never seems to be enough space.

For example, basing this on the Frostmourne item I saw on the net, I wrote this description. But in order for all of the text to show, I have to make Frostmourne unsellable and even then I can't show how much is the lifesteal. It's fine for now but for other items, it might not work.
Adds 200 bonus cold damage to the attack of a Hero, slowing the movement speed and attack rate of the enemy for 3 seconds. Additionally, the Hero's attacks recover hit points and have a 20% chance to deal 2 times more damage.
Increases the Strength and Intelligence of the Hero by 100.
History: Arthas sought out this runeblade, thinking it would bring salvation to his people. He could never have known it would deliver him to the deepest depths of madness.

What would be a good alternative format that lets me tell all the abilities and item history that would fit in a melee game?

Status
Not open for further replies.