• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Item cooldown problem after triggered Metamorphosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi all

My Problem: I have triggered a metamorphosis ability for a certain hero in my orpg. Why? Because I want the heroes to use spellbooks and this ability doesn't work if you use metamorphosis. (you don't see any spells anymore in the spellbook after you used metamorph...)
Actually everything would work fine, ecept one thing:
If the hero uses the triggered metamorphosis, and then transforms back to the normal hero, all ability cooldowns are reset.
This means that the hero (it's a druid), can activate an item ability, change into his bear of wolf form, and then change back to his druid form, and then he can use the item ability again.

My triggered metamorphosis works like this:
It just use game caches to store the druid, remove the druid and creat a bear. Then when you change back, thebear is removed and the druid is restored.

Plz, anyone knows a solution?

PS: I've just got another little problem. My object-editor doesn't show the whole names of the unit properties:

crap.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
Hmmm ... .Why dont you try instead of using metamorphosis to use Bear form, so that u dont need to have triggers and it will do the same job. The problem is in the trigger.

Hmmm ..... maybe the names became raw text ... i dunno where , but there is somewhere where you make the text from raw to normal. Ill search it later and tell you.

Level 3
If u realy want triggered meamorphosis then instead u save and remove old hero, just switch ownership of that hero to say Neutral Passive player and move him where he cant be seen. After turning off metamorphosis just give hero back to player and move him back and do the same for transformed hero. This way all cooldowns will be ok.

And for other problem, its a basic Window stuff. Click on the vertical line near "Wert" and drag the column until u see all the descriptions. I hope this helps.

Level 7
If u realy want triggered meamorphosis then instead u save and remove old hero, just switch ownership of that hero to say Neutral Passive player and move him where he cant be seen. After turning off metamorphosis just give hero back to player and move him back and do the same for transformed hero. This way all cooldowns will be ok.

GOOD IDEA, thanks a lot!

And for other problem, its a basic Window stuff. Click on the vertical line near "Wert" and drag the column until u see all the descriptions. I hope this helps.

THX that was it. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.