• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item Changes Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I am making an rpg, but no ordinary RPG. I want to make a system that changes the attack type of a hero when they aquire a new type of item. For example, If u aquire a bow ur attack will becoem ranged. If you then aquire a melee weapon, ur attack will become melee. I know this is possable because I have seen things vry simular to this. Does anyone have a clue how this can be acomplished? I appriciate the help.

Level 9
You need to use an orb effect or a trigger action to enable the 'second attack type' of a unit. Using the object editor in attack type 2 fields of the desired hero make their second attack their ranged attack. Then using an ability like one of the orb effects (slow, etc) remove the effects the orb would usually have and instead leave the field 'attack type enabled' to 2.

This should work. If you need more help I could probably make it in a demo map for you

Level 9
No that is a bad way.

Make two of your unit in the object editor. One with melee range
and another with longer range.

The use the ability "chaos" (orc ability) to morph the unit. That is the
best way to do it.

Level 9
Can you describe what kind of problems do you got?

Im myself makeing a combat system, where I use chaos to morph between range and melee range unit. So it could be helpfull to know what problem I can run into.

Level 8
I'm thinking of doing something similar like using items as weapons to change a unit's attack but how do you use the chaos ability?

Level 8
that limits you to switchin between the two. add a third unit and you cant use bear form. am i right in thinking you have to rely on researches to trigger chaos ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.