• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request : Trigger / Explination for Unit attack changes, melee + range by item pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Well, i think that the extrodinarily long title says it, i would like a trigger (or set of), Explination how to set items/abilities/units a certain way to achieve my desires.

I would like to have it so that my character has, preferrably, no attacks, but when they aquire a melee weapon, eg sword, they gain a melee attack, and when they gain a ranged weapon they gain a ranged attack (current ranged weapons are staves, well... magical ranged attack really)

I have managed to set things so that both attacks are enabled when the desired weapon is aquired, BUT when i aquire a sword / other melee item, the attack is still ranged, and... comically, the hero begins spewing fireballs :con:

Halp! :grin:

Level 17
I would create a unit with a melee attack ( melee weapon).
Silence it so it won't be able to attack ( no weapon).
Give it either a druid of the claw ability to change it to ranged form or remove the unit and replace it with its ranged copy ( ranged weapon).

By the way, you would get more responses if you would post stuff like this either to the World Editor Help Zone or the GUI Help thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.